• Tagged users None
H

homeguy

just started my 2nd grow
all was going well until i decided to fert my babies
didnt look at the label and accidently gave them 10x too much fert
noticed it less than 24 hours later when i noticed them yellowing and wilting
washed their roots straight away but i fear it may be too late
is there anything i can do to save them?

thanx for any help

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
FLUSH with fresh water. Heavily. I imagine you probably want to get a certain amount of runoff. . .not sure how much. Maybe someone else can chime in.

GOOD LUCK.

outwest

growdamnit

growdamnit

if your pots are 1 liter then flush it with 2 liters.. make sure theres a good exhaust fan in the grow area so that the water will evaporate quickly.. how old are they? a good farmer learns not to be overzealous while tending the crops. patience is needed.

Chobble

Chobble

FLUSH with fresh water. Heavily. I imagine you probably want to get a certain amount of runoff. . .not sure how much. Maybe someone else can chime in.

GOOD LUCK.

outwest

Its good to have more then enough nutes for the babies so dont worry about it, If they're in good soil they should be fine. The most important thing is warmth so make sure they in the 75-80 range (Make a little greenhouse for em if they're outside).

Just let them be and they should recoup, Our plants a strong one, and most seedlings get a little burn but they'll grow through it like nothin.

growdamnit

growdamnit

have you tried fertilizing these btches during seedling? godamn.. so long £9

LetsSeeYa

LetsSeeYa

I would suggest that you not fert any seedlings at least for 3 weeks to a month. They just do not need it; just as in nature, there is no one out putting ferts on weeds. The seed is genetically set up to feed itself for at least 30 days.

Try a side by with a seed you add ferts to and one you dont, i will bet the one that doesnt get ferts will be bigger in 60 days. The seedling that got ferts will have stress to deal with and the other will not. Just put them into a soil with good drainage and micro nutes and water for 30 days, you will see a big difference.

Keep er Green

LSY

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I would suggest that you not fert any seedlings at least for 3 weeks to a month. They just do not need it; just as in nature, there is no one out putting ferts on weeds. The seed is genetically set up to feed itself for at least 30 days.

Try a side by with a seed you add ferts to and one you dont, i will bet the one that doesnt get ferts will be bigger in 60 days. The seedling that got ferts will have stress to deal with and the other will not. Just put them into a soil with good drainage and micro nutes and water for 30 days, you will see a big difference.

Keep er Green

LSY

We meet again Seeya, we have similar grow philosophies. I'm running seedlings for the first time, and don't plan on any feeding until they are transplanted. I did give them a light foliar that was high in microbial content, and low in nutrient content. They are doing quite well. I germed them in the soil. . .using FF LW inoculated with Caps Bennies.

outwest

philly kush

philly kush

if your pots are 1 liter then flush it with 2 liters.. make sure theres a good exhaust fan in the grow area so that the water will evaporate quickly.. how old are they? a good farmer learns not to be overzealous while tending the crops. patience is needed.
yes pacience is everything , if u have that then u will b rewarded only water till they bounce back just try 2 keep them happy

LetsSeeYa

LetsSeeYa

Yeah i know, im not sure if im fallowing you or your fallowing me, lol. So many people think they need to start giving ferts as soon as their seed pops, but i dont really blame them yet reading is not something that people do much or they would have known. If ya look on the Big Bud Grow, it tells you its ok to use for seedlings. Its only a ploy for you to run out and buy more, im a less is better when it comes to all these additives thats coming out these days. Most are not needed and i think some are made weak so a grower will push them hard and end up with issues. I like a simple grow for veg and a bloom, not to mention molasses, lol.

LSY

skuzz99

skuzz99

ive done this before. seedlings didnt survive, but i was a n00b back then and didnt really know what i was doing. if i had flushed them straight away they mite have lived.

keep in mind that every mistake is a lesson learned. u will soon b growing nice big plants. we all make mistakes along teh way

good luck bro

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Great advice from all! homeguy you should let us know how they turned out. 10x the recommended dosage is alot of nutes, but don't worry about it cuz everybody makes mistakes and thats how we learn and get better. I don't feed for atleast the first 2 weeks then maybe 1/8 strength nutes then work my way up from there. Hope it turned out good for ya.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
keep in mind that every mistake is a lesson learned. u will soon b growing nice big plants. we all make mistakes along teh way

True indeed, brother. I think one of the secrets to success in life is to learn from your mistakes. If you can't do that, you are truly fucked!

outwest

skuzz99

skuzz99

couldnt agree more. hows that quote go? "those who dont learn from history are doomed to repeat it"? i think its true.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I would first flush with a flushing solution final phase or what ever u have its its in a 1 gal pot flush with 1 gal of solution then i would run a half gallon of ro water with half strength hygrozyme and super thrive to hep the plan deal with the stress then just fresh water for a few day untill it looks like they need food you should be able to bounce them back but stressing young plants like that is not good so keep a really close eye on them in flower for any signs of hermi flowers because it is a possibility hope they get better bro

Chobble

Chobble

Yeah i know, im not sure if im fallowing you or your fallowing me, lol. So many people think they need to start giving ferts as soon as their seed pops, but i dont really blame them yet reading is not something that people do much or they would have known. If ya look on the Big Bud Grow, it tells you its ok to use for seedlings. Its only a ploy for you to run out and buy more, im a less is better when it comes to all these additives thats coming out these days. Most are not needed and i think some are made weak so a grower will push them hard and end up with issues. I like a simple grow for veg and a bloom, not to mention molasses, lol.

LSY

LSY, While its important to not "Burn" your seedlings its very important to make sure they have enough nutrients to start there life.

My advise is to start seedlings straight into some fairly hot potting soil (FF Ocean forest for example) then run them over with an ACT tea. Thats what I do and my seedlings are always very happy :D Fertilizing anything without a large root system with salt based fertilizers can be the end game for many a plants.

Feeding seedlings with an ACT tea (Areated compost tea) prevents them from being burned while providing very important nutrients to the plant! (Also easy to make).

Chobble

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Compost tea is very good but people could also use something like FF Happy Frog soil for seedlings which has enough nutes to last the first couple weeks. just my 2 cents.

Chobble

Chobble

Compost tea is very good but people could also use something like FF Happy Frog soil for seedlings which has enough nutes to last the first couple weeks. just my 2 cents.

Happy frog is good, But I believe I got root aphids from it.. It also has no nutrients in it. Its peat moss and perlite, not everything a seedling needs so I just plant them straight into Ocean forest because I get better results.

Check out these guys for example, I started them in FF Happy frog, and they just started yellowing to soon for my taste, even with fertilizer.

seedlingstray-jpg.202805

You can see more in my journal: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...door-grow-and-2012-summer-outdoor-grow.46622/

Chobble

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I agree, Happy Frog is not the best but it does have more than just peat moss and perlite. Here are the ingredients: Composted forest humus, sphagnum peat moss, perlite, earthworm castings, bat guano, humic acid (derived from Leonardite), oyster shell and dolomite lime (for pH adjustment). IMO that is good enough to sustain a seedling for a week or two. Your plants yellowing could of been a number things. I have used FFHF lots of times and I'm using it now with no problem. Oh yeah and you said FFHF has no nutrients, what do you think the earthworm castings and bat guano are, they contain organic nutrients.

Top Bottom