bushmaster anyone?

• Thread starter MotaLeon22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MedicalINFO

nice 2's a good start. you will be able to tell tomorrow or the next day. WHat day did you give it to them?

F

foolsgold

yesterday morning, so i imagine i'll be able to see some kind of results in the next day or so. did you ever find that by using smaller doses you can slow growth rather than stop it completely?

M

MedicalINFO

They say that small doses more often is as effective as 1 heavier dose. Its hard to say because of soooo many variables, room conditions, plant condition, and strain. I had the best luck in the 3 gallon coco pots with 1 dose at 3ml. You want to give them as much as you can without overdoing it. so it takes time to figure it out.

When I first started using Bushmaster I would give a 3.5 mls to one plant. The next day if that plant didn't have any burning I would give to the rest of the girls.

F

foolsgold

thats some smart thinking. my arjan's haze#3 has definatly stopped upward growth and i can already tell that it's becoming a bushmaster. my other plant may need a second dose.

F

foolsgold

i'm gonna end having to give my one plant a second dose. would you suggest watering in between applications or will i be ok doing another 2ml-per gal. oh ya. i'm pretty sure that bushmaster is not organic. its a growth regulator which can not be produced organically even if it is derived from kelp.

M

MedicalINFO

If you can't tell that the plant has any deficiencies from the previous plain water application than do it up. Bushmaster is controversial for that very reason, I am not afraid of it because of how early you use it. there is at least 50 days to get it out of the plants system.

F

foolsgold

i'm not to worried about it not being organic either. you use it in such samll doses and like you said medinfo you use it so early that i don't think its in the finished product at all.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
It doesnt affect the bud quality. It will cut down on the frost and look but the final product tastes and smokes the same.

Foliar is 1-2 ml per gal but it will take a week to 10 days to work unlike the dose at the first week of flower.

Its organic. Super concentrated dose of kelp. I believe Gravity is the only non organic one.

Stuff works great when I was running tables. Sour Thais did not like it one bit though. When something stresses bad the folair works very well. It will pretty much stay where its at when you dose it.

M

MedicalINFO

CC, First off thanks for the reply, So are you saying that it takes 10 days for plants to stop stretching after the foliar application?

If so You would want to start using it at day 3 to 5 of flower?

jammie

jammie

here's some other good info on pgr's-http://www.pubs.ext.vt.edu/430/430-102/430-102.pdf

M

Malachi

I just gave my girls a shot of Bushmaster at 1ml per gallon to help stop the strech, they are taking off and i can only lift my lights another foot, I hope it works lol

F

foolsgold

so bushmaster effects trich production, but not potency? i've heard that it allows trich production to keep up with bud production. i've only used it so much, so my knowledge of how it works is only so-so.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Naw it wont produce more trichs. The buds will be a lot more dense. I never did a Side by side weather it yielded more or less with or without Bushmasters.

Worked for me when I was flowering in a cab and running my moms which were monsters *6+ months of veg) and could only lift my lights so high.

MedicalINFO - No prob man. The foliar will not work like the dose app. It will cut the stretch down and stop it over a 2 to 3 week period but not like with the strait dose into the plant. Sour Thai's were the only Thai plant I tried it on so can't really say all Thais do that. Amnesia Haze was also a picky one. Seems the real Sativa leaning stuff for me was the stuff that would claw and shock real bad after being dosed.

I wouldn't use it till the 1st to 2nd week of flower. I think the transition is a must for them before you hit them up with something like Bushmasters. By no means am I an expert on this subject. Ran it for the most part of a year and just sharing what I saw.

M

MedicalINFO

Weird because those sativas are the ones that need the bushmaster. I'm gonna ride it out and let these dominas do there thing, the plants like to grow wide in MPBs.

I love using bushmaster on anything with sour D in it

M

Malachi

its been about a week since i shot my girls with some bushmaster and i can say that they have haulted all vertical growth ... quite amazing really

S

skoobie dew

Instructions

I have tried this stuff and other pgr's. This stuff acts just like a down tree hormone a friend uses. I don't know, but believe that it is a synthetic pgr with sea kelp added to reduce stress & increase cell division. I quit using this stuff because i figured it wasn't healthy for people.

M

MedicalINFO

LOL, cool well that was a good experiment... Now you know what it can do.

Ideally , you want to dial in a strain that rocks with out bushmaster, but I've had great experience with it in situations where the veg. process was too long, or any situation where the plants are going to out stretch the room, or on sour diesl

:)

F

foolsgold

just picked up a pack of bubba's kush x deep chunk. they're supposed to veg really slow and stay fairly short, so i think i'll keep the bushmaster in my arsenal for when i get those big lanky ladies. for now i think i'll be able to grow my next attempt without it. whys it so good for diesles? i have some chuck D seeds in my collection that i might have to try running with some bushmaster.

M

MedicalINFO

I like it with sours becasue if you give them bushmaster day 5 or so it focuses ther vigorus growth )stretch) in to flower site production. It bumps the yeild up

Latest posts

Top Bottom