bushmaster anyone?

• Thread starter MotaLeon22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky high

sky high

Ah.....the product folks love to hate.

Respect, joker. I get tired of that unsubstantiated story myself. It would serve a few folks well to read up on the magical properties of Kelp rather than to regurgitate Internet rumor.

For soil....2 ml MAX.....once.....will NOT alter the bud structure radically like larger doeses will in some strains. More than 2 ml per gal...or more than one application MAGNIFYS the effects of the product many times. At a 1-2 ml SINGLE dose I have found that BM will make the buds more dense and will increase the yield on most strains.

like a lot of other products out there, folks tend to use far too much and try to push things wayyy too far. With BM....doing such a thing will teach you a lesson you just won't forget.....and as evidenced here...many folks can't accept personal responsibility for overdosing their plants with "whatever" product they may be using....even years after the fact. LOL

less is more. Believe it!

s h

budfriend

budfriend

i use .6 ml gallon for a week res. Ussually use it week three to stop the stretch. Very useful when running several different strains in one room. At that low a dose never seen any negative effects and it does what i want ....stop verticial growth.

budboy299

budboy299

Have any of you guys re-used coco or even soil that was treated with BM?

I read somewhere that the substate will hold the growth regulating properties for the next crops if you re-use the soil (coco).
What experiences has anyone had with this?

W

woody420

ok so should i wait atill week one is over to hit them with bushmaster tomorrow is the 1st day of flower. im running blue dreams. i need to know when is the best time to hit them with bush master. so hit them with 2ml per gallon and flush out later in the day ?

M

motojonas

Well - this is an amazing thread! It's so old and still alive, and I'd like to post a little response ~
My hypothesis --that is an educated guess Sky Hi-- is that bushmaster contains some form of gibberellin inhibitor. It could be paclobutrazol, flurprimidol, chlormequat chloride, mepiquat chloride, daminozide or one of the many other plant growth regulators that inhibit gibberelin production, the consequence of which is slower vertical growth, reduced apical dominance, and shorter internode length. This may be the reason Bushmaster halts vertical growth, and increases bud density (Shorter internodes = denser bud).. Whether any of these inhibitors are extracted from kelp I don't know, but kelp is very rich in plant hormones, so it is possible. It is also possible that synthetic hormones are used as well - just because it isn't listed on the label doesn't necessarily mean it is not in the product...

Some forms of Cytokinins are likely also present as these also reduce apical dominance (That means they slow the main shoot from growing), boost cell differentiation, and enhance lateral branching. And these I know are found in kelp (Ascophylum Nodsum to be exact) in high concentrations...

Anyways, pretty neat stuff this bushmaster stuff. If your all about organic though, I would steer clear of this stuff because it is pretty clear that this product uses hormones, and not mysterious miracles, to alter the growth characteristics of cannabis..

Just my perspective, peaces
Jony

M

MImedMJpatient

According to the label it's kelp derived. The FDA approves labeling for product sales. People hyperventilate online with disinformation .

I use it for cab grows and stealth outdoor. In soil less 2ml per gallon for 3 or 4 days will stop any stretch. I veg until they get to the desired height... Pop them into flower and pow.

Useless uses it as a bud booster but am not sure how.

The FDA is no bastion of integrity.

M

MImedMJpatient

a few folks STILL talk about the bag appeal on those...though it cut the harvest well in 1/2....

go EASY if you use it. BELIEVE that it works and that "less is more"!

s h

Did I hear that right? Using this product will cut my harvest in half?

Top Bottom