Business end of the flower

• Thread starter Mr_Noob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr_Noob

G’day all!

I’m getting towards the business end of the flowering stage, I’m at week 4/5 watering every 3-4 days with either a water soluble fertiliser style feed, or just a basic tap water soak.

At what point do I do a ph balanced system flush, and how often should/do I do this for, videos I’ve been watching have also said they do at least 48hrs of total darkness, I’m assuming this is to let the plant absolutely drain as much final nutrients from the soil as possible?

And then when I get to the harvesting step what’s the best conditions for this?

Business end of the flower
Business end of the flower 2
Business end of the flower 3
Business end of the flower 4
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Don't flush. Just don't feed the last week.

I personally consider the 48 hours of darkness practice to be bullshit bro science, because it can easily be tested, but no one has bothered. Proponents of the practice can defend it, if they think it is worthwhile.

BTW, you are not near harvest time. 4-5 weeks, easily. Maybe more.

breedwheel

breedwheel

I quit flushing a few years ago and feed right up until I cut it down. I agree with the darkness too--BS. Be patient with your harvest time. You do have a long way to go and your buds will probably swell up to three times the size they are now under good conditions. I would also be careful with the videos out now. Some of those guys sound and look good but are pretty much new growers. Got most of my really good help and knowledge reading through forums and finding out what worked for me.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
flushing and darkness and not feeding at the end is bullshit..
if anything less intense light for the last 2 weeks with lowering the amount nutrients used..
in the summer and for the first half of flowering the sun is strong but as fall nears and the last few weeks of flowering the sun is less intense so drop temps at bit and raise the light till finish..
my next grow i’ll be starting out in with 16/8.. than after 6 weeks going to 17/7, than when i go to flower i’ll lower by an hour every 4 days till 14/10- i’ll leave it at 14/10 for 2 weeks, than lower to 13/11 for 1 week, than 12/12 till finish..

Top Bottom