C02 feeding to 8 week 9week and 11week strains in same room

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Hope this is the right place for this post, this seems advanced to me but probbily trivial and newbie to the pros.

I have 1 flower room with 8-9 and 11 week strains, It seems that ur supposed to taper back the co2 enrichment the last 2 weeks of flower from like 1200-1500ppm to 400ppm (is that correct), so with that being said, with all the diffrent finishing times what would be the best way to handel this in one room? when should i start to taper back the co2 and by how much?
What would the adverse effect be on over enrichmentof c02 in the last few weeks be?

Thanks all in advance.

Confu...

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
bump anyone?

W

weedfarm

that is really up to you

the reason people taper off is CO2 stops ethylene production. Ethylene helps the buds ripen. This is what I have read on other forums and I have researched and found ethylene does help fruit ripen.

I would probably tape off and allow that 8 week strain to ripen, then that 11 week one will be around the corner so keep the co2 off for that as well

or keep the co2 on and it may take a little longer for the 8 week set to finish

M

Mr.

I am currently facing the same issue, and was about to post this question until I saw this thread. Any more input from others would be great. Like what different strains are good to grow together when taking this CO2 thing into account? In the room I am finishing up on now I plan to have purples, OG's, and a sativa strain.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Weed farm is right, at least that seems to be the case in my experience. I am sometimes a lazy grower, it is not a big money maker for me. Saturated market out here. I have not refilled my CO2 tank for a while and see the plants finishing a bit earlier, I too have a single room with flowers differing in finishing times. Other than that though I haven't noticed any difference in quality. Some strains seem to be more affected by this than others. Hope this helps.

Peace

Dutchdaisy

Dutchdaisy

I've read that a propane co2 generater produces Ethylene and you can run it the whole time, if plants breath CO2 why cut it back? Grow on !

I

ImporteXBUILT

what if i'm running co2 in a sealed room? as in no intake, exhaust.. wouldn't i need to run co2 until finish??

B

Bud Grauer

what if i'm running co2 in a sealed room? as in no intake, exhaust.. wouldn't i need to run co2 until finish??

Yes, but in a sealed room, you would want to use low levels (300-500 ppm) during the last two weeks. In a sealed room, for the last two weeks before harvest, you would want to introduce just enough co2 to prevent the garden from using up all the co2 in the closed room.

Alot of it depends on just how big the garden is compared to the volune of the sealed room - if the room was very large and the garden somewhat small, there would not be significant depletion of co2 even in a (large) closed room.

CO2 is used by the plant to make sugars which are then stored by the plant until they are needed to build plant tissue. There is no point in loading up the plant with lots of sugars just before you cut it down.

One of the benefits of proper curing is that curing allows the CUT PLANT to continue to (necrotically) transform the stored sugars into proper dried bud material.

But what if you just shut off artificial co2 completely for the last few weeks? First of all, naturally occuring co2 would leak into the room, especially whenever you opend the door to the grow room; secondly, once the co2 in the room was completely depleted, the plants simply would not be generating sugars to fuel the next few steps of plant growth - once you reintroduced the co2, the plants would "get back to work".

C

cctt

Following this logic - wouldn't the best course of action be to keep running high CO2 levels while finishing, then carry out a proper cure?

Top Bottom