Cab build,and grow show 101

• Thread starter E.C.U.G
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Ill have updates in a couple days. im gonna get the staining and polly done in the next couple. then ill have big update for you all.

KMK:hi

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
So my plan was to put 3 coats of stain on and 2 coats of poly....welllllllll after the second coat shows here its plenty dark for my liking.so its gonna get one coat of poly yet,and the staining is finished wooo freaking whooooo.

I still got alot to do before i head back to work,but i have some time in between now and then.so hope i can get it running before i have depart again.

DSC00696 Small

DSC00697 Small

DSC00698 Small

DSC00699 Small

DSC00700 Small

DSC00702 Small

And the last thing i wanted to say was after a couple people on here was saying that i could sell these things(jeff and ML)lol i got to thinking.

I think i have come up with a way to do it that wouldnt cause to much troubles for me,but thats a whole dofferent post so enjoy!

KMK

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
too late dude...lol in clean up mode now..bahahahha

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
still waiting to see the locking mechanism

420alldaze

420alldaze

nice color choice! nice detail! gonna be a killer mama cab! peacentreez

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Locking system!!!

Well i got a big update for you all today!im gonna do it in sections so hang with me,and ill get everything posted! first up is the locking system.real easy slick,and if ya dont know how to get in you wont unless you rip the freaking doors off.

DSC00703 Small

Ok here we have a design emblem that i bought one of.now im lucky that i have a friend that has a duplicator so he can kick out as many of these as i need.for those less fortunate they sell them at lowes.you need 4 for the mom cab.

DSC00704 Small

DSC00705 Small

Center the emblem on the top drawer,and drill a half inch hole straight down through the middle.

DSC00707 Small

DSC00708 Small

DSC00709 Small

DSC00711 Small

Next since you drilled the button out of the middle your going to have to replace it.i use a half inch dowel rod.put a coat of glue on it push your emblem on till it sticks out 1/4 inch.after it drys you can shape it rt back to look like the button you drilled out.set this aside now,and let it dry good.

DSC00712 Small

You can do test fit to make sure it lays flat against the drawer.oh and one thing i didnt take pic of is after it drys i put a very thin piece of felt on the back so it dont scratch the finish

DSC00713 Small

DSC00714 Small

While i was waiting i attached the others with simple brads,and put the head down in with center punch.you can also see thet the poly has been applied,and the staining is done.

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
DSC00716 Small

Also while i was waiting for things to dry i made some metal brackets.well reformed them.they are straight when bought but i bent them to the shape i need.

DSC00717 Small

DSC00720 Small

DSC00721 Small

I start off with an L shape mark where it needs to be bent down to catch bottom lip firmly.remove and bend again.

DSC00722 Small

DSC00723 Small

These will act as your bottom catches.

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
DSC00724 Small

DSC00725 Small

Ok now that things are dry you can start working on the lock.i pushed the rod all the way in.marked where it was flush to the back of the drawers,and drilled a 3/32 hole,and also cut a keeper out of a 3/32 dowel rod.

DSC00726 Small

DSC00727 Small

DSC00728 Small

DSC00730 Small

DSC00732 Small

You can see how the keeper was put installed in the last couple.

DSC00735 Small

DSC00736 Small

And lastly use a straight edge and get a mark onto your dowel from the fauthest inside edge.then cut it off and attach a staight piece of bracket.this is your top keeper your lock.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Ok I see where this is going and I like it

now I need you to design a book case that can hide a bedroom sized door

and of course it has to have an old book to act as the trigger mechanism to release the shelf

it needs to be on rollers so it can swing out - the door opens in - also i want the back of it to have 2" foam insert that sits inside the door frame to help muffle sound from the flower room

and if you can have it built by the weekend that would be swell too

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
DSC00737 Small

DSC00738 Small

DSC00739 Small

DSC00740 Small

DSC00741 Small

Couple of the cab all buttoned up.just turn the top emblem vert and the front lifts rt out.easy rt?

DSC00742 Small

And heres one from the back for reference.so thats the locking system.ill be back in a couple min with more.:hi

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Hell yeah Its like an old pirate chest with that lock.

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Start of vent system!!

DSC00743 Small

I cut two 4" by 10" square holes in floor to place vents into.

DSC00744 Small

This is how they look when put in.

DSC00745 Small

DSC00746 Small

Also put the back on and used the straight brackets to attach it.the reason i dont fasten it permanitly is if i really need to get in there and work 4 screws and it pulls rt off

DSC00747 Small

After i attached the back i went all around the inside of it with half inch by half inch square pieces.again this seals out any light or smell leaks.

DSC00748 Small

Ok now got to build some simple light traps so i cut 6 1" X 4" down to 12 "

DSC00749 Small

Here it is flipped upside down for reference the backing is luaun.

DSC00750 Small

DSC00751 Small

DSC00752 Small

Caulked the inside and flipped it over so it can be attached

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
DSC00753 Small

DSC00754 Small

These two show the light trap finished and held in place with a couple pieces of wood.and caulked.

DSC00755 Small

DSC00756 Small

Flipped the cab back over and took some shots.

DSC00757 Small

DSC00758 Small

DSC00759 Small

DSC00760 Small

And the rest are just after the door was put back on and i closed up shop for the day lol.paint tommorow morning.fans blower and air cleaner.hope i can hang light tomorrow nite if not def friday.she will get her first test run.

Later KMK:hi

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Ok I see where this is going and I like it

now I need you to design a book case that can hide a bedroom sized door

and of course it has to have an old book to act as the trigger mechanism to release the shelf

it needs to be on rollers so it can swing out - the door opens in - also i want the back of it to have 2" foam insert that sits inside the door frame to help muffle sound from the flower room

and if you can have it built by the weekend that would be swell too

Lol your not asking for much are ya bro lol

Top Bottom