Cab build,and grow show 101

• Thread starter E.C.U.G
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Its gonna be a couple days yet! sorry got called bk to the daily grind for several days.
i will get pics up as soon as time allows

Thanks KMK

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Simple carbon filter!

Hey guys sorry bout the delays.so to keep folks interested i decided to do a couple extras first that will go along with the cab.
I wont have much time the next couple days so what im gonna try,and do is the smaller things first untill this weekend when i can start the cab.

So here is the diy carbon filter i will be using.if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.Thanks

KMK
DSC00385 Small

This first one is the materials i used to put the filter together.
Shop vac filter
Carbon Wrap
One can of activated charcoal
Galvanized Wire
Toliet Flange

DSC00387 Small

I start off by putting a couple strips of black tape on the lid that come on one end,and then super glueing that to the filter.it fits tightly

DSC00388 Small

Heres a shot of it glued on.

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
DSC00389 Small

Heres on with it flipped over to give a different view.
DSC00391 Small

Next you want to roll your wire so it is about an inch from the outside edge all the way around.i used zip ties to hold it tight,but you can use wire or whatever you have.
DSC00392 Small

Then take your carbon cloth and roll it twice around your wire and secure it with electrical tape.
DSC00394 Small

Sit your carbon wrap down in the center of the shop vac filter.try ,and make sure it is centered well.
DSC00395 Small

Next add carbon down in along sides as you rotate filter to keep everything centered.stop every now and then,and pack by tamping.i used a wooden spoon for this,but use caution if your wifes cherishs them.lol
DSC00396 Small

When full,and centered cut two strips of green felt.
DSC00398 Small

Again using the wooden spoon stuff these tight down in between the screen,and filter.it should equal out to the top of filter.
DSC00399 Small

Next take tin snips,and make 4 equal cuts down to top of filter,and bend down like such.
DSC00401 Small

Then trim up as shown,but leave enuff so that it helps hold green felt in place.also at this point take a knife,and trim black lip off so its flush.

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
DSC00403 Small

Heres a different view of my handy trim job.
DSC00404 Small

Next you want to run a good bead of caulk around the rim where you trimmed it flush eariler.
DSC00405 Small

Attach your 4 inch toliet flange on top by pushing it down into the caulk,and then using several drywall screws in the holes provided to fasten it securely.
DSC00406 Small

And here you have it.a diy carbon filter thats lite,works well,and dosent cost but nothing.also you can get many different sizes of filters to do this with.skys the limit.
DSC00408 Small

One last thing i always run two wraps of black tape around the flange to make sure its not sucking air from anywhere but through the filter.never had it happen just an extra i like to do.
Hope you all find this helpfull.ill be back with more soon.

KMK:harvest:

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I don't know how I miss threads when they start. I am here everyday and I hit new posts a hundred times a day. Sorry kottonmouth.

I like that filter and i guess you can reuse it with new charcoal.

I will be following along with the others now.

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Hey Tobar yeah you can reuse it. just back the screws out, pull the flange.i always make sure to clean the old caulk off and run a new bead before i reasemble.Glad ya made it bro lol.

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
DIY Thermostat Controlled Outlets!

DSC00427 Small

Ok for all you that dont know how to make Thermostat controlled outlets heres the way.these are very handy to plug your exhaust fans into.
How it works is you plug them in set the temp,and when the heat reachs the temp u pick your fans will kick on,and vent till it drops 7 or 8 degrees.

Parts list is:One Master flow thermostat from home depot
Extention cord 14/2 style
One Housing box,and cover
One outlet with green ground screw attached
And my ol trusty tin snips for cutting everything
DSC00428 Small

Cut the male end of cord to the desired length you need for you project.then cut a second piece also any length you need from same end you cut your first piece from.Strip the ends of your wire as shown.
DSC00429 Small

Next remove cover from thermostat box
DSC00430 Small

Take the cable with out the male end on,and slide it through the bottom of the thermo housing.there is a connector already in the bottom use it to secure the wire firm.
DSC00431 Small

Attach the wires to the existing wires in the housing.green to the green screw on the housing itself,and the other ones to the seperate wires in the housing as shown.i left the wire nuts off to show what i mean,but by all means use them to make a good connection!
DSC00432 Small

Put the cover back on the thermostat and set this piece aside.it should look like this.
DSC00433 Small

Take the cord with the male end on,and slide it through the bottom of the outlet box.then do the same with the exposed end coming from the thermostat.
DSC00434 Small

Heres where it gets a lil tricky!to wire the outlet up take both green wires,and attach them to the green ground screw on the outlet itself.Next take the black wire coming from the cord with the male end on,and attach it to the white wire coming from the cord from thermostat.twist them together,and secure with a wire nut.
Now you should have two wires left.one white,and one black.take the white wire,and attach it to the silver side of the outlet,and attach the black with to the brass side.this way produces polarity at all connections.
DSC00435 Small

Install the outlet into the housing box,and apply cover.
DSC00436 Small

All thats left to do is plug it up adjust your temp,and let your fans do the rest.
Using these will cut down on fans running when not needed,and help cut down on noise,and power

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Ill try to get cab started,and pics up by end of the weekend.

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Seed Storage!

Picture 001 Small

Ok so this is how i store my seeds,and after 6 years i still get good germ rates.im not gonna go into how to make a stash can because i believe there is already a tutorial on how to make these on this site.
However if anybody needs me to let me know,and i will.
This first pic shows my stash can fresh out of the fridge to show you guys whats what.
Picture 002 Small

And this one shows a pic with the lid removed.
Picture 003 Small

Here is 12 seeds ready to be stored for later use.i purchace the little vials online,and they have an o ring on the lid that seals it tight down in there.also i use cotton for long term storage not rice,because over time i believe rice breaks down,and could cause probs.this is just my personal choice
Picture 004 Small

With clean hands carefully put your seeds in the vial, insert cotton,and push lid down on till you here it click.
Picture 005 Small

Make sure you label them,and run a piece of clear tape all the way around the vial so as not to forget whats what.
Picture 006 Small

Picture 007 Small

I do one more precaution,and that is to put them in bags as shown.then back into the stash can.i also put some cotton on top then screw on the lid,and back in the fridge it goes.ready for me to use at my disposal:)

Hope you all enjoy Later

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Wow my thread got rated! thanks everyone glad some of you are finding it good so far.

winta

winta

slick tutorial bro! i gotta make me one of those filters and a thermostat controlled outlet 4sure! shiiit im gonna get some bottles too and store my beans like that too! thanx for sharing! :)

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
slick tutorial bro! i gotta make me one of those filters and a thermostat controlled outlet 4sure! shiiit im gonna get some bottles too and store my beans like that too! thanx for sharing! :)

Wow thanks bro for the kind words! :harvest:

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Excellent thread KOTTENMOUTHKING! Lots of awesome details and photos... :cool

Top Bottom