Cab build,and grow show 101

• Thread starter E.C.U.G
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hefty

Very sorry to hear about your family man thats horrible :( thank you very much for this post was wondering how much it cost u for the parts to make the DIY filter and also if u dont mind PMing how u made the can id really appreciate it...if not I understand and cant wait to see your tutorial on the Cab...Again my heart goes out to you and your family always a very tough time

Regards,

Hefty

H

Hefty

Also forgot to say im subd for this...gonna be a great show :party0042:

B

bigloudvtwin

I made a thermostatic power setup like that but I went for the bling and got a digital one. LOL It's funny I just made a carbon filter today. Never even thought about the stupid shop vac... I made a tube out of 2"x4" fencing, wrapped it w carbon wrap, then a foam air conditioner filter. Just poured the activated carbon in between the foam and the wrap. Same shitmore work to make. I like your idea better. You must be a milright or a maintenance person or just mechanically inclined like myself. It's cool to be able to build what ya need with junk that's laying around! Keep it going I wanna see what you came up with.

IMAG0065
IMAG0066
E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Hey fellow farmers,

Sorry for my absence around here of late,and my appoligies for not getting back here sooner.Cab will be built this week,and i will get pics up as i go.

Thanks to all who kept us in your thoughts,and again i am sorry for the delay.

Hope everyone is well,and may all your bags be fat!!!

KMK:harvest:

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Glad your back...cant wait to see the show.

B

budnasty

I have a couple of quick questions which im sure you will answer in future posts. But I just want to know.

1) what fan are you going to be connecting to the carbon filter?
2) what grow set up are you going to be using? (Aero, DWC, EBB, ECT.)
3) how big is the cab going to be?
4) are you going to scrog it?
5) what type of light are you going to use?

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Hey bud,

Thanks for stopping by.to answer your questions the best i can at this time as things are always up for changes.

The carbon filter will prob be hooked up to a 4 inch inline on the thermostat controled outlet that i showed how to build.

im gonna attempt to run a 400 watt hps in flower area,and an led in the mother quarters.the 400 will be air cooled.

swc for the flowering area and soil for the mothers.

Its very possible i may scrog it but most lilely it will be low stress training to some degree.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

KMK:harvest:

F

fotparmer

Just came across this thread. Man you are awesome. Im going to watch for sure.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

how are things looking in there ? did you continue with the grow... sorry bout the loss of a loved one.
best wishes

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Ok so i know its been awhile since posted on here,but it all starts now.i got busy with life etc etc etc!
was gonna build a cab to house moms and clones on one side and flowering and veg on the other.
Well of late my moms have been running out of room so heres the deal.im still gonna build a flowering and veg cab but ineed a new mom cab first.

i got all the materials now so ill do these back to back since everyone has waited so long

DSC00587 Small

for those of you who want to use screws feel free.i want these to blend in with my house like a fine piece of furniture.
That being said i use dowels,and glue to pin everything together.if you go to the depot an try and buy a 3'by 4' by 3/4 " furniture grad wood your going to pay about 40 bucks a pop.......

Um i dont think so lol...so heres how i join 1"by 4"by 6' long boards together to make the panels for the cabs.total for all the wood minus the molding wich i havnt gotten yet was 45.00.
You just have to put the labor into it to get them together.

DSC00588 Small

In the first two pics i just have the wood layed out to show what im working with.

DSC00589 Small

I stand all the wood on its side,and square the ends up with a carpenters square.only try and square one end!!! the wood varies a lil in size so if you try ,and square both sides you will rip your hair out.

DSC00590 Small

After you have the one end squared up.i then take a clamp,and clamp the end i squared up.after that clamp the other end.
I put 6 dowels in 6 foot board you can use however many you want.
Now to get the marks for where to drill all i do is measure 2" in from each end and space the others in between.
Now take your capenters square,and place along the side so small end lays across the top of clamped wood.draw a line all the way across and you have lines for your drilling jig.

DSC00591 Small

This is the jig i use.it came from lowes

DSC00593 Small

And here is the jig attached to one piece of wood ready to be drilled.

DSC00594 Small

Now in this pic you can see the two pieces i drilled one had the dowels glued down in the other has a bead of glue and the matching corosponding holes that will line up with the dowel on the other piece.

DSC00595 Small

Take your two pieces an stick them together,and put clamps on to tighten up and hold in place.
Ill repeat this process untill my boards are the size i want.

I got all the pieces together tonight. so tomorrow i will cut them down to size,and we can start puting the mom cab together.

For anyone who doesnt grasp this i will try and explain better if need be.just ask)

Later KMK

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Hell yeah dude those panels are gonna look nice. I'm taking lots of notes on this one.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
no worries man, sometimes life gets in the way.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Well in that case I'll have to let it slide. hahahha

Top Bottom