Cabinet Turned Grow Room Round 2 - Construction To Chop

• Thread starter closetgrow69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

closetgrow69

Update time!

The big one is FIM'd multiple times, and LST'd, and transplanted to its final container. Seems to be doing well in the transplant. Better than before. She has like 15 tips at least. They're sprouting up everywhere.

Water goes in and comes out of the new pots at both 6.5. I think that's thanks to the calcium and lime in the soil. I transplanted them into a pot half full of supersoil. The ones in white containers have been transplanted. All the black pots are just Roots Organic.

Loving the supersoil and only plain water waterings so far. The OG Kush and one of the Kings Kush love it. I think the OG Kush got a slight nute burn from it at first, due to some slightly burnt looking leaf tips. And they actually look like nute burn instead of cal/mag or a deficiency like before.

Don't mind the plant in the back. About to chop her lol. Should post her up in the Ugliest Plants thread first!

IMG 9295
IMG 9297
IMG 9298
IMG 9304
IMG 9306
IMG 9307
IMG 9308

C

closetgrow69

This was the OG Kush about a week ago.

The supersoil seemed to be doing her wonders, but it's looking like there's some sort of deficiency or something going in now. I'll post some more pictures later when I can get to the plants.

Been giving them only water with 1/2 tsp cal/mag per gallon only for the last couple weeks.

IMG 9512
IMG 9517
IMG 9522
IMG 9524
IMG 9528
IMG 9533
SMACKA

SMACKA

Looking much better now, bro.

I'm guessing you're looking at those leaf tips when you say there appears to be a deficiency? I wouldn't overthink it, looking fine to me. Maybe others will weigh in but if anything it looks like the soil might just be a little too hot for how young/small the plants are.

Looking good, either way. Keep up the good work!

C

closetgrow69

Looking much better now, bro.

I'm guessing you're looking at those leaf tips when you say there appears to be a deficiency? I wouldn't overthink it, looking fine to me. Maybe others will weigh in but if anything it looks like the soil might just be a little too hot for how young/small the plants are.

Looking good, either way. Keep up the good work!

Thanks!! I'll attach more pictures that show the deficiency going on now. It might just be the bottom leaves dying off since I'm basically mainlining the plant. All the new growth seems to be healthy.

I've started using Happy Frog instead of Roots Organic, so hopefully that helps win the hot soil for the youngins.

IMG 9561
IMG 9562
IMG 9563
C

closetgrow69

Also got a cloning chamber and a little veg chamber finally finished! Had to upgrade the fans in the bottom chamber to keep it cooler with more lighting.

Switching to flower today!!

IMG 9590
SMACKA

SMACKA

Thanks!! I'll attach more pictures that show the deficiency going on now. It might just be the bottom leaves dying off since I'm basically mainlining the plant. All the new growth seems to be healthy.

I've started using Happy Frog instead of Roots Organic, so hopefully that helps win the hot soil for the youngins.

Not sure if this means you're using nutes, but none of your plants look large enough to need nutrients yet.

If you've been feeding nutes, you might be looking at nute burn.

The tips are still clawing downwards in that first pic, which will typically mean you're over-watering or your nutes are too strong.

I'd switch back to water for your next feed if you're already feeding nutes... wait a week or two for the signs of plain water to start showing up in your new growth, then start watching for the lower leaves running out of nutrients and yellowing up, which will tell you they're hungry and needing more.

Don't forget to let the pots get super dry! Looking back to #23 and how spikey those leaves are versus the droopy look in the latest 3-chamber pic, makes them feel over watered. This is truly a "hurry up and wait" hobby; patience is key.

SMACKA

SMACKA

Also got a cloning chamber and a little veg chamber finally finished! Had to upgrade the fans in the bottom chamber to keep it cooler with more lighting.

Switching to flower today!!

Loving the new chambers! Is the clone chamber top left, and veg chamber top right? Will you be popping seeds in there or taking clones off your veg plants?

C

closetgrow69

Not sure if this means you're using nutes, but none of your plants look large enough to need nutrients yet.

If you've been feeding nutes, you might be looking at nute burn.

The tips are still clawing downwards in that first pic, which will typically mean you're over-watering or your nutes are too strong.

I'd switch back to water for your next feed if you're already feeding nutes... wait a week or two for the signs of plain water to start showing up in your new growth, then start watching for the lower leaves running out of nutrients and yellowing up, which will tell you they're hungry and needing more.

Don't forget to let the pots get super dry! Looking back to #23 and how spikey those leaves are versus the droopy look in the latest 3-chamber pic, makes them feel over watered. This is truly a "hurry up and wait" hobby; patience is key.

I've read that sprouts can be fed at day 10-14 or when the cotyledons begin to yellow. And i thought I was waiting too long to begin feeding with the last plants. But I'm a newb!

What causes the spikey leaves? Overwatering? I know that would make the droopy leaves

Loving the new chambers! Is the clone chamber top left, and veg chamber top right? Will you be popping seeds in there or taking clones off your veg plants?

Thanks a lot! Correct - clone top left and veg top right. I've got a Tupperware floating in 78* water headed by a fish tank heater acting as a humidity dome with seeds in RapidRooters. Have only had one sprout that way so far. I'll be doing both new seeds and clones and continually expanding everything.

IMG 9792

First attempt at cloning! How do they look? They're tiny! Lol. Those are 2in. clone collar things.
IMG 9797

Here are some more pics of the setup! Let me know if you have any tips or help/ideas! Anyone! Bueller... Bueller?
IMG 9745

IMG 9746

IMG 9793

IMG 9801

C

closetgrow69

Update time!

Here's the "Sperm Goblin" aka random bagseed from a few years ago. This pic is a few days old
IMG 9738

These pics are today. Any ideas what's going on? It's been fed only water until today. I gave her 1/2 strength Botanicaire PBP, LK, Silica, and CalMag. Should I have fed earlier?

IMG 9787

IMG 9786

IMG 9798

Here's the Pipe Dream - bagseed from a shop here in Colorado. It's older and stunted. Been fed with some 1/2 strength nutes too about a week ago. But plain water besides that.
IMG 9788

IMG 9799

Here's the pride of the bunch - "Samoa" - Platunum GSC X Bubba Kush. Alongside a random bagseed I named #1!

IMG 9789

The Samoa
IMG 9790

Here are a couple bagseed i found the other week. Aloha Limone! Tried a different germination method.
IMG 9791

And another random bagseed named "Cat Claw". The first set of leaves was all deformed and spotted, but the second set of true leaves look good!
IMG 9800

C

closetgrow69

Found out the King's Kush was a male! Gave him the chop! Here are some pics. Notice how the bottom half of the roots are much healthier than the top half. The bottom half was in supersoil, the top half was in Roots Organic.

IMG 9761
IMG 9762
IMG 9763
IMG 9767
IMG 9769
IMG 9770
SMACKA

SMACKA

Great update! Sorry to hear about your male... nothing worse than waking up to a ballsack.

I wish someone more experienced than me was here weighing in on those smaller plants. They shouldn't be showing the yellowing you're seeing (will be either N def, N toxicity, or some sort of nutrient burn, I'm guessing) and they're too crunched up/shy.

Re: Tyhem being withdrawn/shy - If I were to hazard a guess, the shyness (that is, how tight the leaves are sitting against each other, curling down, etc) looks like over-watering. The best way to learn this is to count days until they physically wilt (let's say 5 days), and then water every X-1 (4 days... or just under that number of days)

I think body posture of the plant (and learning to read it) is pretty important than many people mention. I've put together shots of your plants, and then found healthy plants on Google of a similar size. What I'm trying to illustrate is how straight and pointy the leaves are. They go straight outwards, and don't bend too much.

Then look back at yours and notice how they're all curled down. I would work towards getting that straight look as an initial sign that you're dialling things in. After that, the next step will be to deal with that yellowing (which might be the same issue, we don't know)

Example 3
Example 2
Example 1

C

closetgrow69

Great update! Sorry to hear about your male... nothing worse than waking up to a ballsack.

I wish someone more experienced than me was here weighing in on those smaller plants. They shouldn't be showing the yellowing you're seeing (will be either N def, N toxicity, or some sort of nutrient burn, I'm guessing) and they're too crunched up/shy.

Re: Tyhem being withdrawn/shy - If I were to hazard a guess, the shyness (that is, how tight the leaves are sitting against each other, curling down, etc) looks like over-watering. The best way to learn this is to count days until they physically wilt (let's say 5 days), and then water every X-1 (4 days... or just under that number of days)

I think body posture of the plant (and learning to read it) is pretty important than many people mention. I've put together shots of your plants, and then found healthy plants on Google of a similar size. What I'm trying to illustrate is how straight and pointy the leaves are. They go straight outwards, and don't bend too much.

Then look back at yours and notice how they're all curled down. I would work towards getting that straight look as an initial sign that you're dialling things in. After that, the next step will be to deal with that yellowing (which might be the same issue, we don't know)

View attachment 728440 View attachment 728441 View attachment 728442

Thank for for all the input! I believe you are right with the overwatering assumption. I also have since found and treated a small thrip problem - that could definitely have been effecting them. Here are a couple pics of the affected leaves. You can see the white shiny squiggly lines on some leaves.

IMG 0055

IMG 0056

I see what you mean by the straight-out pointy leaves! Working on my watering schedule has helped the shyness and droopiness - I just can't seem to get it spot on every watering lol. Here's a coulle pictures from 2 days ago - I'll post another one when I get back tonight.

I'm in the process of building a larger cabinet that will get better lighting. Here are a couple pics after the first coat of primer

IMG 0050

IMG 0053

C

closetgrow69

Update! Been a while. Got the new cabinet finished up. After the currently flowering OG Kush is done flowering in the other cab, that can will be for veg and this will become the new flowering chamber.

Still have a couple small light leaks to fix

IMG 0198
IMG 0203
IMG 0207
IMG 0209
IMG 0210

C

closetgrow69

Day 45 since 12/12! I made the mistake of flowering them when they were not at optimal size, and I should have vegged for longer. But they're starting to get frosty and fill out! Most of the bottom leaves have already yellowed and died. We'll see how she turns out I guess!

IMG 0308
IMG 0309
IMG 0313
IMG 0315
IMG 0316
IMG 0317
IMG 0318
IMG 0322

SMACKA

SMACKA

Good stuff, man. Keeping dependents alive is a delicate dance - you're doing well.

There's obviously some sort of issue there, but I'm not the best one to say what it is. Did you let your super soil cook for 6 months?

Other than that, the plants look much healthier in terms of watering, which will resolve a couple things for you next time around... (a) bugs and critters love moisture so, giving the soil a chance to dry out will detract creepy-crawlies from getting in and eating your leaves/roots, and (b) the plants won't be so stunted. Part of the reason it feels like you didn't veg them enough is they were trained along the soil and were overwatered from day one.

As you get more comfortable with your watering schedule (remember: learn to read the plant's body language, and lift your pots until you have a good idea of what your dry pot weighs)

Looking good so far!

Top Bottom