Caged

• Thread starter Amber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What kind of support are you using for your UC?

• Total voters
Alice D

Alice D

what happens with your tds when using straight ro? how are you adjusting?
Sometimes I will unplug the return pump and add 100ml of bloom A & 100ml of bloom B but usually just let the TDS drop. I make a fresh brew for the whole system at weekly intervals. I estimate they drink about 20 gallons a night in their peak week so after a few days if the TDS has dropped more than 200 that's when I'll add some base back into the system.
This is our second run using current culture's gear. I've played with a RDWC system before but it was about 10+ years ago when i used the GH buckets with a extra bucket on the end and a pump that pumped back into the float bucket.

But this being my second run I did see a little shock from the nutrient fluctuation but nothing serious. More getting the water changed out quickly so nothing drys up.

Our first run I used a top off reservoir and always made it a little hotter than the system TDS so the TDS didn't fluctuate. Unfortunately it wasn't the same strain so I can't say for sure but this grow was much healthier than the first. A lot of different factors though. This next run I will keep using straight RO instead of top off. I think everything is so available anyways were probably using twice the nutes needed so it helps them uptake everything more effectively. How about you,do you use a top off reservoir with nutes and at what ratio compared to the system do you run them?

Papa

Papa

Supporter
i use a top-off with nutes and raise and lower the nute level in the top-off to try to maintain stable tds in the system, as advised by cc. in late flower, i find the plants drinking about 5 gal/plant . . . and imagine that if i was topping off with straight ro, that the tds would fluctuate far too much.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I used to top off hot but switched to RO and it has been so easy on the girls and the girls really love the lowering ec swing in flower as much as a ph swing in veg. I let my ppms fall 200 or so and do a top off with a 5gal bucket to bring the ec back to where they started. I ph my RO water so that keeps any unstable ph swing. I have also noticed times where my girls drink more straight RO than hot top off. I have been detailing the eating schedule of the girls and I will be running hot some weeks and RO others depending on what weeks they eat like hogs and see what that brings. I do think half strength ec top off and only a&b is enough for top off res..
what happens with your tds when using straight ro? how are you adjusting?

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Damn took me forever to find this man how did this end up or did it end up?

Amber

Amber

DSC04914
DSC04904
DSC04864

ttystikk

ttystikk

Sheeeiiiit- look at that donkey dick DANK!

Straight killin' it. To death, even.

Impressive, and consistent. Nice work!

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Wow i wanna be just like yall when i grow up those plants look flawless seriously well done! Props!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Thank you everyone. We are gonna start a new thread just need to figure out what to name it. System has new ladies in it as of yesterday.

I've been working on the trellis issue, wonder if you might be interested in what I've come up with?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Yeah lets hear it.

So I took some 4' field fencing and cut a couple lengths of it, 6'3" long. Bent these into half pipe shape, and connected them by their ends to make a soda can shape that's both four feet tall and exactly four feet in diameter.

I put one of my RDWC tubs under each side, hung the cylinder from the ceiling, and now I have plenty of room for plants. I said, and I meant PLENTY- each of those four by six and a quarter panels is 25ft², making each little four foot square cylinder the proud owner of fifty full square feet of trellis space.

Hang your thouie vertically in the middle of this cylinder, use your UC underneath and I'll bet you can beat even the numbers you've been putting up.

This won't work in the greenhouse; it's designed to take advantage of artificial light's specific properties indoors.

Pics; these girls aren't finished, but the system is so good I didn't want to wait to tell people;
20131118 214601
20131124 192539
20131129 174805

Top Bottom