Caged

• Thread starter Amber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What kind of support are you using for your UC?

• Total voters
W

Wade Garrett

Oh ya do the gavitas have adjustable ballast that will adjust to the 1150 setting like the e-paps?

Yes. The Gavitas have the same adjustable wattage settings as the Epap. The Gavitas also come with 15 foot cords, and the Epaps did not. I had to fork out extra cash just to be able to plug em in. smh..... Yield wise though, they're both outstanding performers. If you can find a way to keep them in your garden, I'm sure it'll pay off for you in the end.

tweedy

tweedy

Yeah, they definitely pump some heat! I had 12 e paps in a 17x18 room with a dedicated 5 ton PLUS the house's central AC, and it was barely able to keep up with them. On the bright side though, that was my best harvest to date.... I would say you need 3 feet, at a minimum, from the plant tops. You can raise them way up, and still get great penetrations. I had mine raised, what I though was sufficiently, and I still had some light bleaching. The thing about the double ended bulbs is... You've just gotta be ready with some serious AC game and high ceilings, or they'll burn everything up.

Anyhow, the last hood is a Sun System AC/DE hood. The one in the picture is paired with the gavita ballast and phillips bulb. To me, that's the best possible lighting option out right now. I've got4 of them over 2 18 evos in a 12x12 room. I'm about to pull it down at the end of the week, so I'll let you know how it stacks up to my E-pap and Gavita pulls.
How did that Sun System end up working for you? About to the pull the trigger on some new gear and thought I'd check in and see how it stacked up to just the Gavita.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I'm about to load up on some new gear too. I hate decisions. Haha. Straight Gavita, remote Gavita ballast and an adjust a wing running a phillips bulb or a Solis tek ballast set up.... I also heard that the Solis tek ballast can run the phillips bulb..? Anyone know this to be true? What Sun system hood is that? Also wondering if wings were tested? My thinking was the wider hoods would be more beneficial to those of us that would run gavitas or epaps in a room with ceiling height lower than 10ft. My thought was the direct heat might be distributed wider also and not as direct?

Alice D

Alice D

Yes. The Gavitas have the same adjustable wattage settings as the Epap. The Gavitas also come with 15 foot cords, and the Epaps did not. I had to fork out extra cash just to be able to plug em in. smh..... Yield wise though, they're both outstanding performers. If you can find a way to keep them in your garden, I'm sure it'll pay off for you in the end.
How did your room with those sun system hoods pan out. Is it worth the price tag to pull the trigger and go with those hoods compared to their stock hoods or maybe even a adjust a wing? Thanks for all feedback. I appreciate it much.

W

Wade Garrett

@Alice D , @tweedy

Hey guys... Sorry, I've been extra busy lately. Here's what I pulled off each setup:

Gavitas: I had 4 in one room over (2) 4x8 flood and drain tables, and I pulled almost 11 lbs that run. It was a tad bit over 10.75 lbs.....

Here's a look at the new crop. One table is Skywalker OG, and the other table is way overgrown.... Louis OG

IMG 5708
IMG 5710

E-Papillions: I had 12 in one room over (72) 7 gal Geopots with 70/30 ratio of coco and grow stone super soil aerators. I pulled almost 35 lbs off that room.

Here's a look at the new crop....

IMG 5525
IMG 5526

Sun System ACDE hoods: I just pulled them down, and the dry trim should be done by the end of the day.... I had 4 in one room over 2 UCEvo18s, and one bucket was empty due to a clumsy mishap. The side with only 17 plants pulled 5 lbs of OG, and the other side was full of Platinum Bubba. I haven't gotten a full tally on the bubba yet, but I'm expecting at least 5, probably 6 or better though. That strain has been the biggest yielder of anything I've ran yet.

Here are some shots from that crop....

IMG 5548
IMG 5551
IMG 5532

In my experience, double ended bulbs make all the difference in the world. Before I started using them, I was hitting around 2 lbs per light. I haven't really seen a difference in yields between each setup, they've been equally great across the board. The only thing I will say is that the Papillions are a real bitch on the eyes while I'm working in that room. Also, there's an Agrotech Magnum double ended reflector that I haven't used yet, but it looks awesome, so I'm gonna give that a go on my next run.

tweedy

tweedy

@Alice D , @tweedy

Hey guys... Sorry, I've been extra busy lately. Here's what I pulled off each setup:

Gavitas: I had 4 in one room over (2) 4x8 flood and drain tables, and I pulled almost 11 lbs that run. It was a tad bit over 10.75 lbs.....

Here's a look at the new crop. One table is Skywalker OG, and the other table is way overgrown.... Louis OG

View attachment 388555 View attachment 388556

E-Papillions: I had 12 in one room over (72) 7 gal Geopots with 70/30 ratio of coco and grow stone super soil aerators. I pulled almost 35 lbs off that room.

View attachment 388552 View attachment 388553

Sun System ACDE hoods: I just pulled them down, and the dry trim should be done by the end of the day.... I had 4 in one room over 2 UCEvo18s, and one bucket was empty due to a clumsy mishap. The side with only 17 plants pulled 5 lbs of OG, and the other side was full of Platinum Bubba. I haven't gotten a full tally on the bubba yet, but I'm expecting at least 5, probably 6 or better though. That strain has been the biggest yielder of anything I've ran yet.

View attachment 388557 View attachment 388559 View attachment 388565

In my experience, double ended bulbs make all the difference in the world. Before I started using them, I was hitting around 2 lbs per light. I haven't really seen a difference in yields between each setup, they've been equally great across the board. The only thing I will say is that the Papillions are a real bitch on the eyes while I'm working in that room. Also, there's an Agrotech Magnum double ended reflector that I haven't used yet, but it looks awesome, so I'm gonna give that a go on my next run.
I really liked the single ended agrotech magnums. They were a big seller with a few of my favorite gardeners at the store I worked at so that is why I asked. If I pick them up before you (which is unlikely seeing as you just pulled down more elbows then I will in a couple of years, haha) I will let you know what I think :)

Thanks for the pics and a great honest review.

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

@Alice D , @tweedy

View attachment 388552 View attachment 388553

View attachment 388557 View attachment 388559 View attachment 388565

So the yield off the Sun System ACDE hoods is about the same as the gavita and e pap? or would you give it the edge over the gavita or epap

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Damn that room is crushed, hey wade I just framed a room for 6 e paps, do you think 10' ceilings is enough headway? Also will 6000 btu's a light cover cooling or should I add another split before I fire them up?

treereek

treereek

@Alice D , @tweedy

What r the dimensions of your rooms?

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Beautiful harvest !!! Thinking your babies close? Exciting ...looks like some positive things are happening for u ..:)

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Amber just checking on u and that baby? Looks like a wonderful harvest. M

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

@Wade Garrett - You are truly a master. Update us when you can, brother.
You have a lot of appreciative readers. Thank you and hope you are well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom