Cal/mag defecency I think

• Thread starter Concordia113
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Concordia113

Concordia113

Here we go again it seems like with my hydro attempts. Last time I was here cuz I light and nute burned my Durban poison. This time around kept nutrients low plants away from light everything looked great first 3 weeks into flower. Week 4 into now they started showing the signs of what I think cal/mag so I flushed with ph water and just did a cal/mag mix with half strength nutes. It is getting worse. Is this because it moves slowly through the plant and I’m so far behind or am I doing something else wrong. Now it looks like diesel is getting it the pic of green leaf with rust spots. Poison is the other bad looking leaves. Thanks for advice thought I had it this run.

Calmag defecency i think
Calmag defecency i think 2
Calmag defecency i think 3
Calmag defecency i think 4
Calmag defecency i think 5
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
The keywords read like everyone's second grow. light and nute burned, calmag, flush, getting worse..

Cant help without knowing all the environmental numbers and what they're being fed, what ec and ph, media, water temp, live or sterile, all the things... And a couple full plant pics in good lighting.

Concordia113

Concordia113

General hydro line half of recommended dose sporadic cal/mag. During flowering kept ppm under 800 didn’t want to burn again. Ph 5.5-6 whole time. And use hydro guard whole grow. Water change every 1-2 weeks dwc bubbleponic setup so no outside reservoir. Started at upper canopy older leaves look the worst. Under canopy doesn’t look that bad. Post pics of plant when lights go out. Anyone think it could be rust? Light on temps 70’s lights out as cold as 55. In the basement. Looked with 1000x scope no bugs. Thanks

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

General hydro line half of recommended dose sporadic cal/mag. During flowering kept ppm under 800 didn’t want to burn again. Ph 5.5-6 whole time. And use hydro guard whole grow. Water change every 1-2 weeks dwc bubbleponic setup so no outside reservoir. Started at upper canopy older leaves look the worst. Under canopy doesn’t look that bad. Post pics of plant when lights go out. Anyone think it could be rust? Light on temps 70’s lights out as cold as 55. In the basement. Looked with 1000x scope no bugs. Thanks
Nope not rust. To cold at night get a heater in there ASAP..

Using tap water? If so drop the cal mag. It sounds like calcium was the first locked out. Ph swings? Cold temps can inhibit uptake especially calcium as it's passively taken up but at this point let's see the roots.going to guess it's also stunted.

What the humidity day and night

Concordia113

Concordia113

Roots are white humidity constant40-50 day and night. Plant is big it looked perfect up until week and half ago symptoms came on fast whatever they are. Have heater in tote so that is constant as well. Here’s pics with lights on since some might be bored enough to not care

B47F22BF C9E2 49BC B06D 4F5F8E7CD5A4
23A15EB0 C167 427A A43B 5DC110E41E77
D8FD2C69 5616 4295 B43B 7C91D7D6513D
90B9E75C C7C7 4675 BC3C 1D38D8A65E26
977C5568 E28E 44C4 B9F6 4C7E5AD5EFAB
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How much airflow are those guys getting?

Lighting and how close?

Hmmm hard to tell the roots in that light. Any slime on them?

Concordia113

Concordia113

Here’s another pic I think there brownish from the ferts smells very clean and not slimy. I’ve had fish tanks for a long time so I know slime. Topfin 3000 dual air pump throwing bubbles res is only 5 gal of water I would think that would be enough. The last poison had issues right at four week mark last time. 24 in away from 600 hps. It just seems like it gets to this size and it’s not sustainable for whatever reason

8C2ACD48 1AFD 4898 94E2 4EAAFCD0D89F
Concordia113

Concordia113

Still drinking very heavily so I would assume roots are working. But ya when something happens to a plant fast I would agree maybe root issues. Anything else I should look for with them. Does anyone “fluff” em up/ stir bottom to mix up sediment salt buildup?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Still drinking very heavily so I would assume roots are working. But ya when something happens to a plant fast I would agree maybe root issues. Anything else I should look for with them. Does anyone “fluff” em up/ stir bottom to mix up sediment salt buildup?
Would start with a 100% res change out. You should have to and if you do then there may be issues with ferts of ph causing precipitate.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Another thread just made me think. I know it's in hydro but are we talking a single 5 gal pail

chemistry

chemistry

Your plant does show classic signs of root rot, the spots are an indicator that it can't pick up certain particales from your nuits, ie calcium. The main root is not the problem, it's the herring bone roots that suffer.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
What exactly are you feeding in the way of GH ml wise per gal and what GH line? Are you using their schedule? I agree that there is something else going on besides nutes. Also how much PH down are you using in the system between rez changes?

Concordia113

Concordia113

It’s about 5 gal of water to fill it but it’s one plant in a 7 gal tote that I made. I use three part gh fertilizer. And for each stage of growth I’ve been doing about half recommended dose. So is hydro guard not a fail safe to root issues? Herring bone roots the ones that stay above water? Ph goes down after a day or two if anything which makes me think it’s drinking water but not nutrients. The diesel I just flipped has small rust spots starting as well. Anything I can do to fix these things this far along or if root rot once it’s there I’m fucked. Thanks for all replies already. I’m very frustrated

chemistry

chemistry

It’s about 5 gal of water to fill it but it’s one plant in a 7 gal tote that I made. I use three part gh fertilizer. And for each stage of growth I’ve been doing about half recommended dose. So is hydro guard not a fail safe to root issues? Herring bone roots the ones that stay above water? Ph goes down after a day or two if anything which makes me think it’s drinking water but not nutrients. The diesel I just flipped has small rust spots starting as well. Anything I can do to fix these things this far along or if root rot once it’s there I’m fucked. Thanks for all replies already. I’m very frustrated

Root rot is not the end of the world, I saved a Super Lemon Haze that was worse than yours. Nine out of ten times the cause of Root Rot is high temps in your bucket or not enough air bubbling up through your root ball, it was enzymes that saved my plant, just make sure the enzymes get to the middle of the root ball.

Latest posts

Top Bottom