Cal/mag defecency I think

• Thread starter Concordia113
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Concordia113

Concordia113

Thanks for all input. Number one forum for advice in my opinion. I will try flushing and adding what you all have advised. I don’t want to give up on hydro because I’ve had great results through veg with much faster turn around than soil. If you look at my other threads u can see this plant a month ago. It grows fast and was super healthy then all of a sudden bam looks like it’s dying. Maybe I’m not good enough to catch early signs or hydro is light switch problems. I told you what I’ve done theoughout grow half nutes light far away hydroguard keep res as sterile as possible. Anything you guys do different? Besides enzymes which now I will look into. Like I said it seems great until it gets to certain point flowering then just can’t handle it. I know ca and mg is 6.2-5 absorption but do you guys always keep it under 6? Thanks again stay safe

Concordia113

Concordia113

Hey guys that we’re answering me like I said it’s my second hydro grow so still new just wondering what parameters you keep in your res. Ph water temp water change schedule. Would like to dial it in more so I’m not kneeling down to the infirmary forum anymore. Thanks again so far been keeping ph 5.5-6.5 water temp constant 67 f. Water changes about every two weeks

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey guys that we’re answering me like I said it’s my second hydro grow so still new just wondering what parameters you keep in your res. Ph water temp water change schedule. Would like to dial it in more so I’m not kneeling down to the infirmary forum anymore. Thanks again so far been keeping ph 5.5-6.5 water temp constant 67 f. Water changes about every two weeks
Sorry busy day here... Plant stress is big in hydro need to keep air water temps humidity and everything in check cause grow is much faster.

Leaf temps not air.. 77-80f depending on light I can help ya on air temps.

Water temps I like 72f that stuff about 68 is bs and slows growth.

Ppm I never go over 800 at max that's during stretch. 400-600 is prob good.

Humidity 60-65% until late flower then 55-60% but you need good airflow. If you can drop humidity 10% at night. Stomata close and plants don't really benefit from vpd at night. To low RH can cause stomata to stay partially open so 10% lower is good.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I also never change more than 50% of my water at a time... 50% a week but how to calculate for you system at 50% change outs is once you add back 50% of the entire water volume then change 50%. Likewise if you so 100% change out. Once you add back 100% of the volume change all the water.

PH 5.6-61 max I like 5.7-6.0

Only use a phosphoric acid based ph down.

What's your tap water ppm ?

Concordia113

Concordia113

Aqua man thanks for the come back. All temps and rh are very constant. Don’t know if I said but in a basement so it holds temps good. If anything air temps got cold recently but nothing under 55-60. I know that’s cold but only for day or two nothing I could do. Water temp has heater and is set to 67-68 plants grow great with it and figured less chance of rot. Another question I got for ya is I leave for work for week at a time and have mixed new water for other person to just be able to top off when needed. Last time I came home bucket it was in which was empty cuz they used it all was way more salted then I’ve ever seen. Is there a timeframe that mixed solution should be used

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua man thanks for the come back. All temps and rh are very constant. Don’t know if I said but in a basement so it holds temps good. If anything air temps got cold recently but nothing under 55-60. I know that’s cold but only for day or two nothing I could do. Water temp has heater and is set to 67-68 plants grow great with it and figured less chance of rot. Another question I got for ya is I leave for work for week at a time and have mixed new water for other person to just be able to top off when needed. Last time I came home bucket it was in which was empty cuz they used it all was way more salted then I’ve ever seen. Is there a timeframe that mixed solution should be used
Depends on the nutrients and sources. Some are more soluble than others but should be fine

Concordia113

Concordia113

Thanks I don’t know how common this midflower hydro problem is but I’m 0 for 2. Granted I’m still yielding product it sux to see a once thriving plant in such shape. Hygroebzyme not so cheap but if it works then I might bite the bullet. Pic just before flipped into a scrog so green so healthy like the us in january

BFE9301A B8CD 4FF6 AF48 880CA6240533
Purepiff

Purepiff

hydro sparkle Dutch master Google it and add it to ur routine as a preventative but it will fix ur issue too. It is anazing

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Mid flower is very demanding its important to make sure you increase your water changes from flip on.

Concordia113

Concordia113

If you use sparkle I’m assuming it is a sterile system. How many of you are constantly running sterile buckets? Looking for alternative to sparkle over $50 to get it to us

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you use sparkle I’m assuming it is a sterile system. How many of you are constantly running sterile buckets? Looking for alternative to sparkle over $50 to get it to us
I don't remember if you had root pics? Lol hung over and lazy to scroll back.

Concordia113

Concordia113

I did some said they had classic brown spots. I think they look good smell good but been wrong in the past.cant lift it up too heavy. Currently have plant carabinered to ceiling so it doesn’t sink into the tote. Seems like damage leveled off did another water change. Just wondering besides sparkle which apparently can’t get for almost 2 weeks what other sterile conditioner anyone recomends. Probly gonna start a thread asking opinions on it

70F7CEC4 FE83 44D4 9606 C70370061C20
B344942C 75AD 4C1E BBA6 A25F59F4B7FE
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I did some said they had classic brown spots. I think they look good smell good but been wrong in the past.cant lift it up too heavy. Currently have plant carabinered to ceiling so it doesn’t sink into the tote. Seems like damage leveled off did another water change. Just wondering besides sparkle which apparently can’t get for almost 2 weeks what other sterile conditioner anyone recomends. Probly gonna start a thread asking opinions on it
Yeah give em a good rinse in temp adjusted water then double dose hydrogaurd. Are you sure your hydrogaurd is not expired? Has it been open more than 6months, frozen or very hot?

Concordia113

Concordia113

Opened in nov no date on it. Guessing I should go for a new one cuz I keep it clean as far as foreign things getting in res. Only use certain buckets measuring tools pumps etc just for that res. I would have thought it would have smelled or been slimy if that’s the case. Gonna get hydro guard and hygrozyme but with shipping all fucked up looking out least a week. Think more water changes will help until then

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Opened in nov no date on it. Guessing I should go for a new one cuz I keep it clean as far as foreign things getting in res. Only use certain buckets measuring tools pumps etc just for that res. I would have thought it would have smelled or been slimy if that’s the case. Gonna get hydro guard and hygrozyme but with shipping all fucked up looking out least a week. Think more water changes will help until then
Yup I'm betting your hydrogaurd is toast... Keep an eye on the roots for any bit of slime. I can walk ya through treatment until you get more hydrogaurd if that is happening.

Purepiff

Purepiff

Dutch nutrients hydro sparkle. I am not kidding it is better then hydroguard lol that shit won't even do anything. U will thank me believe me I have grown a couple plants in my life

Top Bottom