Cal/Mag deficiency?

• Thread starter SeaLMeaT253
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SeaLMeaT253

SeaLMeaT253

Was in the garden a couple days ago and noticed rust spots running along the veins of some leaves and a little yellow tint to other leaves also. I am 5 1/2 wks into flower and was wondering if its safe to add cal/mag this far in?

Calmag deficiency
Calmag deficiency 2
Natural

Natural

meh...some say it makes your buds airy..but methinks you could go with 3-5 ml/gal for a bit.

Johnny Redthumb

Johnny Redthumb

wut kinda medium u in? if in soil i would get some organicare calplex and use it till final flush. calcium is a trace mineral and not enough of it will hurt yields. what kinda strain? if you are flowering to 9 or 10 weeks, you have plenty of time to fix this.

Cort

Cort

Cal and Mag are 2 separate nutes served on the same plate because they complement each other well. Like pork chops and applesauce.

I agree your girls want Calcium. Before giving them more food though, make sure they can reach it by checking for proper PH and EC/PPM run off. If ph is jacked up, or you have buildup it can stop the girls from eating whats already on the plate.

SeaLMeaT253

SeaLMeaT253

wut kinda medium u in? if in soil i would get some organicare calplex and use it till final flush. calcium is a trace mineral and not enough of it will hurt yields. what kinda strain? if you are flowering to 9 or 10 weeks, you have plenty of time to fix this.
Im using RO original potting soil with thier line of nutes on schedule and home brewed ACT every other feeding. Haven't added any cal/mag at all since start and they have done nice till recently. Here are a couple pics from last wk. First one is JH and second is Qleaner

20130530 153535
20130529 184408
Johnny Redthumb

Johnny Redthumb

if you are using a complete nutrient line then u shouldn't have any lack of calcium. i agree with cort, check your runoff pH and EC. usually too acidic soil will lower calcium mobility. a soil pH tester works too. also could be your water source. too much magnesium or potassium (softner) could cause calcium to be less available.

Top Bottom