Cal-mag Per Gallon/brand

• Thread starter slimjimham
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
slimjimham

slimjimham

I'm experiencing what I think is a cal deficiency, talked about it in other threads...

I currently use 1ml calimagic per gallon with cultured solutions nutes

Ive heard people prefer magical?

The cc guys told me it was due to too much air in my system, I just want to make sure everyone agrees with this so I don't keep showing deficiency....

I'll post a pic but it's actually burning the tips of the top buds too (running 650 ppm max)

So what's your calmag regiment expecially if you run cultured solutions. ...?

slimjimham

slimjimham

Most buds aren't this badly effected but this pic shows what's going on at its worst

20151115 140202
slimjimham

slimjimham

Calimagic: magnesium sulfate, calcium carbonate

Magical: magnesium nitrate, calcium nitrate, calcium chloride

Which formulation is best in your oppinion? Or is there another you prefer?

Ones gotta be better than the other in our systems...

slimjimham

slimjimham

And I assume it would be going over kill but is it possible there would be any benefit to going half and half.... im thinking no because less is more but if you just mixed a litre 50/50 of the 2

I was just thinking this because I don't know if straight up switching products would stress out the plants, thinking maybe it's better to go 50/50 one res change and cut out the one on the next change. ..

sixstring

sixstring

Most buds aren't this badly effected but this pic shows what's going on at its worst
your gunna need better pics and maybe lights out pics would be best if you want the dro guys to be able to help you better.it looks over fed to me but really hard to tell.whats your water source,temps,rh,give us all your setup # ect and it will be much easier to find quality help.even when i ran dro alot i used botanicares cal mag plus which has 2% nitro also. but i dont have any exp with cc products.gl

sixstring

sixstring

And I assume it would be going over kill but is it possible there would be any benefit to going half and half.... im thinking no because less is more but if you just mixed a litre 50/50 of the 2

I was just thinking this because I don't know if straight up switching products would stress out the plants, thinking maybe it's better to go 50/50 one res change and cut out the one on the next change. ..
no if your just talking about switching your calmag product just do it,no need to cut it 50/50 with old product.

H

hawkman

"n" toxicity is a common issue with cultivators - one needs to look at ALL of the "n" in their nutrient's used then look at the cal-mag "n" -together that could cause issues, which many don't take into consideration

slimjimham

slimjimham

I didn't list it because they are all in the optimal ranges. Only thing not ideal is the water temp but roots are happy happy.

So rh like 40-50, room temp 76, uv sterilized ro water at 0ppm... but I already have another thread where it was figured it's burn because of too much air...

And to the N thing, pretty sure calimagic is 0 N, where magical is like 1-0-0 or 2-0-0.... so think that's why I chose calimagic but know more people personally using magical in these systems, that's why I ask

J

JohnnyRey

I'm experiencing what I think is a cal deficiency, talked about it in other threads...

I currently use 1ml calimagic per gallon with cultured solutions nutes

Ive heard people prefer magical?

The cc guys told me it was due to too much air in my system, I just want to make sure everyone agrees with this so I don't keep showing deficiency....

I'll post a pic but it's actually burning the tips of the top buds too (running 650 ppm max)

So what's your calmag regiment expecially if you run cultured solutions. ...?
Considering the fact that they told you that you are pumping in too much air, you can use WAY less nutes as their supercharge suggests you lessen nutes as your air is stronger. Also another question do you pump CO2?

slimjimham

slimjimham

I have all the co2 stuff but don't pump it right now. I'm hoping it's just from the high aeration I was doing.... we'll see soon if that's not it.....

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Considering the fact that they told you that you are pumping in too much air, you can use WAY less nutes as their supercharge suggests you lessen nutes as your air is stronger. Also another question do you pump CO2?
More air=less nutes needed
Air is good not too much air, lessen nutes
Unless you have so much air that it is entering your pump

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

But I dont do hydro yet, just reading up on it so dont listen to me unless someone confirms what I said

slimjimham

slimjimham

Yeah, I feel I've close to mastered soil but as a friend once said, dirt goes outside ha.

The two are totally different though, who would have thought too much air would be a bad thing.... ha recently is the only time I considered air, apparently ratios are way more important than I realized

I'm very happy with how the system runs/the maintenence regiment vs soil... I just haven't dialed it in yet, feel I'm getting close though... It really is not for beginners, fuck something up and your plants could die in the day... almost impossible to do that in soil.

But plants are beasts, one plant I snapped moving it into flower, thought it was fucked, stem literally had a hole in it <>, and was bent out... a week later it filled itself in with a huge knot, should have taken a pic it was insane that it could fill in a square inch gap like that....

^ramble much

Last edited:
DigitalGenetics

DigitalGenetics

Breeder
I use magical 1 ml per gallon to start then more if needed

Hogwash

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I prefer a nitrate based calcium over a carbonate base as the carbonate form needs broken down before it's readily available.

slimjimham

slimjimham

You say 1ml per gallon them more if needed, how much is the max you will go?

Any reason why you use magical over calimagic?.... have you used both and gotten better results w/ magical?

And decent point to the dirt, but water is in you, you go inside, water goes inside haha that's my logic

Top Bottom