• Thread starter jakew215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jakew215

http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMG_0430.jpg

C

cheyenne

Why not, it sure does seem to be the cure all around here.

J

jakew215

lol.

im a NEWB. just noticed this a couple days ago.

been feeding every like 4-5 days. with maybe one water in between. i think they might need a flush, they are also kinda showing signs of nitrogen lockout too i think. new growth is lighter green, almost yellowish...

J

jakew215

make sure you don't have mites

that very well could be it... i had some on one of my other plants. i got it away from the others. and treated them all with azamax a few times. maybe ill go hit them again.

im gonna make some hot pepper and tobacco spray too. i heard this works pretty good too.

the reason i posted this picture is that it looked a lot different than my plant that got the spider mites. the spider mites leave like white looking spots, the spots in my picture are more of a rusty brown color. just didnt look the same...

j wizzle

j wizzle

i would say you need to up your micro nutes. whats your feeding schedule/nute lineup

i dont think its spirder mites, but you can check by looking under the leaves.

K

kusheater1

now I say mites even more I just shut down shop to clean for mites they won't stop eating your plants up till you chop

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
I agree , mites! You need to take a close look through a hand held micro scope or even a 10X hand held magnifying glass to see the little bastards.There's no mistaking them. They form webs all over the plant...very nasty.

Check out the threads for treatments..Floramite SC is going to cost you a bundle but it works the best. You appear to be early in flowering so you should be ok, but only if you act now! If you wait...you're in deep kaka.

J

jakew215

i have been treating for mites already.

i havent been able to find floramite here in town...

just been spraying them with a little dish soap then at other times with AzaMax. have been for about two weeks now.

thanks for all the input guys.

im using the ONE part floranova GROW and BLooM from Gen Hydro. And using a little bud candy from AN.

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
You have to go online to find the floramite...about $300 for 32oz...if you don't get rid of them you'll be smoking them later.

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

Why not, it sure does seem to be the cure all around here.

Thats funny!! lmao.. yea Cal mag cures mites too now.. just spray it on..lol.. no dont do that.. looks like mites to me bro.. but im not there for closer inspection.. only you can make the final call..:character0050:

J

jakew215

You have to go online to find the floramite...about $300 for 32oz...if you don't get rid of them you'll be smoking them later.

my friend jorge cervantes says that spider mites disperse during the curing process. they only eat the hell out of your plant and obviously stunt growth. from what ive been reading...

still nasty, im doing my best to get rid of them. i found floramite for 20 bucks an oz on ebay... same stuff?

anyone heard of pepper and nicotine?

is AzaMax no good? i hate wasting money damnit.

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

You may have mite problems, but are you sure that is what is causing those red rust spots? I have had similar looking plants and it is definitely not mites. Are you using distilled or RO water by chance?

J

jakew215

yeah i just looked again. there is absolutely nothing on the under sides of these leaves. i can tell the difference i think. it doesnt really look like mites.

it might be the plant healing AFTER the mites chewed it up a little?

but idk, my original though was calcium mag deficiency from what ive been finding here in the infirmary and stickies.

its clearly a rust color.

J

jakew215

tried to get one of the under side of that same leaf.

it seems like its just dead spots almost. no mites. no larva.

http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMG_0436.jpg

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

If that is a Ca def, I have never seen the spots that densely packed. I lean towards the mites.

I also wonder if the rust color is because of the HPS. If this is on more than one leaf, clip a lower one and take a picture in regular light. That will isolate the mite/Ca thing easier.

CalMag is NOT a cureall. Start f'ing around too much and welcome to nute lock out.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Your ppm's, whatever they are, are too high, btw. A little too much nutes you are giving these ladies. Just a tad.

J

jakew215

Your ppm's, whatever they are, are too high, btw. A little too much nutes you are giving these ladies. Just a tad.

yeah i have been feeding em kinda hot. i really have no idea the condition of the water. its tap water. and have real no way of testing ppms and all that. i really need to invest in an ro and a 3in1 meter.

and there are a few leaves like this, and a few on one of my other blue dream but not nearly as bad. im getting worried. i kinda thought id give em a flush today...

here is another picture its getting worse, i posted another thread and someone said iron def?

http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMG_0442.jpg

http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMG_0444.jpg

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

its tap water. and have real no way of testing ppms and all that. i really need to invest in an ro and a 3in1 meter.

Meter first. Initital ppm can fuck a grower up for sure if you don't know what it is. Tap water has a lot of calcium in it, usually. Pouring micro nutes into heavy ppm tap water can precipitate out some of your nutes, cause lock out, etc. Knowing pH is sweet too. RO kicks ass, but if funds are an issue, meter first.

I dunno, those leaves are still saying mites to me. No shit, snip a lower leaf and take a pic in normal colored light, that can help identify the source of the leaf damage. Put the f'er on a white piece of paper and snappy snappy with your camera.

On your nutes, are you watering enough to get runoff? Or just enough to saturate the medium?

Top Bottom