Cal Mag?

• Thread starter jakew215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jakew215

yeah i usually get runoff when i water. i just flushed em with probably 4-5 gallons for each plant.

i think it definitely has to be something other than mites. idk though, its not on the lower leaves at all, just a few in the upper middle.

ill pull the worse leaves. only like a half dozen or so are really showing signs of it.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks like a cal mag issue to me

Unless you were foliar feeding with lights on, that will leave these little burn marks also. Looks like you need some calmag to me. I am pretty sure that isn't spider mites, otherwise you would be seeing some webs with all those dots. Anywho after running all that water thru your plants give them a teaspoon per gallon each watering and see if that helps(calmag) Looks like your ph may be a little high also

mal

J

jakew215

HELP!

http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMG_0480.jpg
http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMG_0479.jpg
http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMG_0478.jpg
http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMG_0477.jpg
http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMG_0476.jpg
http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMG_0475.jpg
http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMG_0474.jpg
http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMG_0473.jpg
http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMG_0472.jpg

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Strong work on the pics farmer. See the difference in regular light and a white background?

Calcium deficiency. No doubt in my mind. The white paper a regular light show the concentric rings of different colors on the spots.

Yellows, balcks, red, rust color spots, usually a couple different of those colors in combination in concentric rings. So, next thing to figure out is whether it a deficiency as in you are not supplying enough to the root zone or if you have a lockout preventing proper uptake of what is available.

I don't wanna steer you wrong right now. My brain is fried right now. Been up for about 21 hours and am NOT a fuckin' tweaker, so I need to check my eyelids for holes for about three hours.

I'll check tomorrow evening. Plenty 'o farmers that can steer you in the right direction in the am when the flip on their 'puters.

Calcium def.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Before you add CalMag, what is the pH of what you are feeding? Any chance you are running 6.3 and above?

j wizzle

j wizzle

i dont think its mites...if it was, you would have found something.

you need a meter to check your PH and PPMs...thats a must or how will you ever know how much to feed and what to correct?

and why dont you have a micro formula? if youre using GH, then you need micro & bloom before you need grow....unless the flora nova Grow also has the micro in it, but i thought the flora nova stuff combined the bloom with the micro?? could be wrong

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Quick fix is to foliar instead of root drench. But you should know (if it hasn't been mentioned yet) that the leaves that are already affected will not 'come back'. Your goal right now is to prevent further movement of available calcium out of older plant tissues into new growth, instead what you want to do is provide it with what it needs at this time.

J

jakew215

okay well im gonna go buy like 5 or 10 gallons of RO water so the next time i feed them hopefully it wont still be in lockout and ill add a little cal mag to the solution and cut all the effected leaves off...

this sounds about right to anyone? i have no way to test the water. IM BROKE. lol water meter is second on my to get list right after A/C.

there was a bare bones run, i spent maybe 4-500 bucks on everything so far.

j wizzle

j wizzle

you can get cheap PH meter strips for like $10...ask the guy at the hydro store if he has a spare meter you can use. most of them do, i used one from the store after my cheap $30 meter broke. guy was cool as shit, i bought a good meter the first week after i harvested.

your plan sounds great. but i would get those paper strip meters if you cant afford anything else. its better than nothing, then at least you have a starting point that you can go from.

also, can you get a pic of the entire plant. maybe your problem isnt as bad as these leaves make it look. obviously this is your first run and youre broke, so you just need to get by and make a little cash to upgrade your setup and youre on your way to some really nice dank in the future

J

jakew215

you can get cheap PH meter strips for like $10...ask the guy at the hydro store if he has a spare meter you can use. most of them do, i used one from the store after my cheap $30 meter broke. guy was cool as shit, i bought a good meter the first week after i harvested.

your plan sounds great. but i would get those paper strip meters if you cant afford anything else. its better than nothing, then at least you have a starting point that you can go from.

also, can you get a pic of the entire plant. maybe your problem isnt as bad as these leaves make it look. obviously this is your first run and youre broke, so you just need to get by and make a little cash to upgrade your setup and youre on your way to some really nice dank in the future

i have some pool test strips, the PH is lower than 7. i know this much and the PPM is lower than 500, its just hard to tell. the strips only go to 7.0 and the color isnt even close to seven.

i really appreciate all the input guys.

heres a full picture of her... cant really see much.

i can take some more pics but itll be after three when my lights come on. or i guess i can snap some in the dark. might show up better.

http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMG_0454.jpg

j wizzle

j wizzle

i have some pool test strips, the PH is lower than 7. i know this much and the PPM is lower than 500, its just hard to tell. the strips only go to 7.0 and the color isnt even close to seven.

i really appreciate all the input guys.

heres a full picture of her... cant really see much.

i can take some more pics but itll be after three when my lights come on. or i guess i can snap some in the dark. might show up better.

http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMG_0454.jpg

thats good enough. its budding fairly well, you just need to up the nutes a tad. im sure its a cal def, so just add some cal mag and everything will sort itself out. i wouldnt change anything but the cal mag and see how it goes.

once you start changing 2-3 thing at time, you run into really big problems. so make a single change, and see if it helps or if it makes the problem worse. if it helps, then youre all set. if its worse, then obviously you have a dif issue

i would super crop that main stem too so you get a more even canopy, but thats just me...it will fatten up that kola and allow the lower kolas to come up towards the light

J

jakew215

thats good enough. its budding fairly well, you just need to up the nutes a tad. im sure its a cal def, so just add some cal mag and everything will sort itself out. i wouldnt change anything but the cal mag and see how it goes.

once you start changing 2-3 thing at time, you run into really big problems. so make a single change, and see if it helps or if it makes the problem worse. if it helps, then youre all set. if its worse, then obviously you have a dif issue

i would super crop that main stem too so you get a more even canopy, but thats just me...it will fatten up that kola and allow the lower kolas to come up towards the light

alright ill add a little cal mag tomorrow or wednesday since i just saturated them last night, and i have done quite a bit of trimming on the lower stuff. i wish i would have started sooner and did it more often, the buds on there are just so developed now i just cant bring myself to cuttin em off.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Everybody just hold dthe fuck on. I hope you haven't done anything yet.

You have FloraNova, which is two part. GH Flora is 3 part. Do not add CalMag.

j wizzle, more reading and less typing for a bit buddy. No offense, not trying to be a dick, but if this guy follows your advice, he is going to fuck up his plants. Not trying to be a dick, only help someone take care of a problem.

Bad idea to supercrop the biggest cola on the plant at this point in flower too.

Flornova with tap? If so, the is probably part of the problem.

You have a Ca def. in the plant caused by lockout, which can be caused by more than one thing. Pretty sure.

There is the chance you have a Ca whore of a strain, but the odds are against that just by shear numbers of strains, but maybe and I don't think so.

Here is what I would do:

1.Skip buying CalMag. Buy Clearex instead.
2.Get the RO water.
3.Flush Plants (you're broke, use tap water. Also, don't know what mix you are running in your homer buckets so things might change, but shouldn't and not much)
a)Pour at least one gallon tap water through bucket to achieve as full a saturation (pour 1/2 gallon at a time and let it sit, than the other half - this helps you to get a more even saturation)
b)Pour Clearex through according to bottle instructions
c)Let sit for a good half hour. Smoke a bowl, have sex with the lady friend, wahtever suits yer fancy.
d)Pour a shitpot more tap water through. Anal farmers would tell you 3X the container volume. !5 gallons of water for a 5 gallon bucket. That's a lot of fuggin water. Hit at least 10 gallons.
e)Pour two gallons RO water through.
f) Smoke a bowl or three 'cause that was a lotta fuckin' water you just poured from a 1 gallon milk jug.
4. Mix up a batch of FloraNova (FORGET AN stuff this feed) according to bottle instructions. Pour enough in so a couple four cups of water come out the bottom of the bucket.
5. Smoke another bowl.
6. Don't cut any leaves off until they are much more dead - they are still providing some benefit, even if dimished.
7. Tell us more about your soil so we can help you properly water and apply feed as that can cause lockout.
8. Slap your girlfriend on the ass for my and say, 'Damn Momma, that one's from Cat Jockey'.

That just what I would do though, merely one of those IMO kinda things.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Oh yea.

9. Don't water/feed again until buckets have dried out pretty good. Could be 3-4 days depending on a few different things. Let the pot get light so it feels dry.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

The ebay floramite is all you will need for your small garden 1 oz of floramite makes 20 something gallons of spray after it's mixed. The ebay guy is legit.

It LOOKS like a slight mag deficiency combined with an iron deficiency. I would replace the bud candy with the cheapest molasses that you can find (lots of micros in there) if you're running dirt.

It kind of looks like rust fungus as well. I've had rust before that I thought was a ca mg problem, but went away with some safer 3 in 1 spray. Look into a fungicide spray if it doesn't go away after a good flush. Use florakleen, it's cheaper and you use less of it than clearex.

I would use the liquid droplet PH tester if you're on the cheap, it does a good job. I've got a friend who runs a few dozen flood tables and he just uses the liquid ph tester.

You would think the flora nova has everything that you need in it. It needs a few things added to it to, it doesn't work stand alone like you would think. Get some silica and humates down the road, and some beneficials for that dirt. The humates help plants uptake some nutes that they might have a hard time uptaking normally.

You don't NEED an RO filter. read and make your own decision on what to do.

j wizzle

j wizzle

Everybody just hold dthe fuck on. I hope you haven't done anything yet.

You have FloraNova, which is two part. GH Flora is 3 part. Do not add CalMag.

j wizzle, more reading and less typing for a bit buddy. No offense, not trying to be a dick, but if this guy follows your advice, he is going to fuck up his plants. Not trying to be a dick, only help someone take care of a problem.

Bad idea to supercrop the biggest cola on the plant at this point in flower too.

the guy has a PPM of 500 4 weeks into flowering and youre telling him he has a Cal def from lockout....come on now.....he is lacking in nutes, its as simple as that...

go mix 3 part or 2 part GH with RO and tell me your PPMs are going to be less than 700...

J

jakew215

i use gen hydro one part.

i use roots organic soil, and i let the soil dry out before i water each time, i get quite a bit of runoff.

im gonna go get a few jugs of RO water tomorrow and ill give em some of that with a low dose of feed i guess.

what is clearex? no one else has suggested this.

ive heard everything from iron calc mag deficiencies to PH lockout, to too much nitrogen...

idk what to fuckin do...

i flushed a few days ago with just tap water and havent done anything to them since. they dont seem to be getting any better.

i cut most of the bad leaves off already, i wont do this anymore.

and from what ive heard our tap water around here is really good. Nor Cal, lake shasta/mt shasta water.

j wizzle

j wizzle

i flushed a few days ago with just tap water and havent done anything to them since. they dont seem to be getting any better.

thats funny....you had a lockout from too much of something, even though your PPMs were less than 500...

now youve flushed and the problem is not getting any better...im not a rocket scientist, but if you put 2 + 2 together, it should tell you that you are missing something...

ive given you my opinion. take care & good luck with your problem.

J

jakew215

the guy has a PPM of 500 4 weeks into flowering and youre telling him he has a Cal def from lockout....come on now.....he is lacking in nutes, its as simple as that...

go mix 3 part or 2 part GH with RO and tell me your PPMs are going to be less than 700...

i have no idea what my ppms are all i can tell is that they are UNDER 500. could be 50 for all i know.

and i never once said that i didnt believe your opinion. ill probably do this.

im just worried there is something specific in my water causing a lockout that will never repent itself till i get some RO water going through it...

ahhhh im sooooo lost. what a learning experience.

thanks for all the input guys, i really appreciate it.

J

jakew215

on a side note i do feed pretty heavy. i feed probably every 4-7 days. with maybe one water in between if it gets too dry but usually just a good feeding.

Top Bottom