Calcium issues with autos and calmag

• Thread starter Wolters_88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m like two weeks into flower and my temp is averaging 75 and my RH is 55. I have a HLG 600H in both my 5x5 and 4x4.
So yeah humidity is still a bit high for stage of growth. This can cause calcium issues also as transpiration is directly connected to nutrient uptake rates. Im not saying this is absolutely the cause but it sure doesn't help.

It's also relative to temp. Under LED you wanna try to get up around 80f room temps. This will bring leaf and root temos up increasing metobolic rates and increase growth rates. Then adjust humidity last.

If ya can't bring the temps up not a huge issue just go by the VPD calculated at 5f leaf temp differential

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

If you can find or buy an IR temp gun you can calculate to a tee. They are cheap. If not I suggest using around 5f diff for leaf temps.

Hope you read that thread I linked because I'm going to assume you understand it. VPD is only needed for lights on and if possible night humidity should be lower. 10-15% is ideal but not absolutely needed

Use this calculator. It has the VPD for stages of growth listed right in it.

Ok, let me read those then I will get back on here if I have any questions. I flushed the last two waters so today I went with a 500 ppm and 5.8 Pm feed. It’s my normal feed but he said above that it should be 500-800.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just noticed this is coco... smh... please read this also and try to get temps up. You should likely be aboit 600-800ppm and feeding much more often with runoff. I bet that solves your issues quickly.

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

I just noticed this is coco... smh... please read this also and try to get temps up. You should likely be aboit 600-800ppm and feeding much more often with runoff. I bet that solves your issues quickly.

I feed water one day then nutes the next. I feed about 3/4 a gallon per plant and they all have about 20% runoff. Attached is the current room condition.

2A1B2F67 0638 47C8 BB56 4274AA9064D8
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I feed water one day then nutes the next. I feed about 3/4 a gallon per plant and they all have about 20% runoff. Attached is the current room condition.
Coco should be fed all the time not water feed. If ya go by the thread I made after a flush you should clear up your issues. Mix 50 50 RO tap and feed about 700pm phed to about 5 8.

Gonna be gone for a bit bit just do that and you'll be fine.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The leaves are pretty hot
Cause they are not transpiring well. Try feeding 3 times a day if ya can for now forst at lights on then 4hr later and again 4 hrs after that getting some runoff. Do you have a circulation fan blowing under and through the canopy?

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

Cause they are not transpiring well. Try feeding 3 times a day if ya can for now forst at lights on then 4hr later and again 4 hrs after that getting some runoff. Do you have a circulation fan blowing under and through the canopy?
I have no clue what this says? Feed three times a day?
I have a 36” lasko tower fan blowing 24/7 and three small fans. One blowing on the light and the other two higher up circulating air.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have no clue what this says? Feed three times a day?
I have a 36” lasko tower fan blowing 24/7 and three small fans. One blowing on the light and the other two higher up circulating air.
Ok rushing here a bit since I will be gone and wat to get you sorted... all the info is in the posts I linked but lets just do this here.

What size pots?
What nutrients?

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

Ok rushing here a bit since I will be gone and wat to get you sorted... all the info is in the posts I linked but lets just do this here.

What size pots?
What nutrients?
I’m in 5 gallon fabric pots and running the GH three part with terminator and purpinator.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Perfect I will type out exactly what to do here bit forst I need the answer to a couple questions so I know how your gonna mix things.

Can you use the RO exclusively?

Are you absolutely sure its not a water softener for the whole house? THIS IS ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL information. If you have a water softener you absolutely CANNOT use the water after the softener. Not yelling just being loud clear bro 😁

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

Perfect I will type out exactly what to do here bit forst I need the answer to a couple questions so I know how your gonna mix things.

Can you use the RO exclusively?

Are you absolutely sure its not a water softener for the whole house? THIS IS ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL information. If you have a water softener you absolutely CANNOT use the water after the softener. Not yelling just being loud clear bro 😁
I do have a whole house water softner.

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

have you ever thought about changing products?
I personally would not recommend gh 3part to anyone.
gh 3 part is super retro.
and if you are gonna use Cal-Mag why not use it at 5ml/gal as recommended?
What would you suggest? This is by far the best grow I had done until this happened. Fox farms had small yields.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I do have a whole house water softner.
You cannot use that water. It exchanges minerals like calcium, magnesium etc for sodium...THAT is 100% your issue if using it.

So do you have access to water before the softener or RO water thats below 20ppm. Because even 40ppm of sodium is a bit to high IMO

kaka

kaka

Supporter
What would you suggest? This is by far the best grow I had done until this happened. Fox farms had small yields.

I point people towards Nectar for the Gods 4 part + their ph up..... all organic though.
To stay with hydro nutrients... GH Flora Nova would be a step up from the 3 part.
I'd look at Advanced ph perfect blends... simple to use...
Im sure you'd see better health with that.
People who rock the 3 part rock it but it can also be a massive pain in the ass.

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

You cannot use that water. It exchanges minerals like calcium, magnesium etc for sodium...THAT is 100% your issue if using it.

So do you have access to water before the softener or RO water thats below 20ppm. Because even 40ppm of sodium is a bit to high IMO
I have an RO and RODI system for my fish tank. But everyone said not to use rodi.

Latest posts

Top Bottom