Calcium issues with autos and calmag

• Thread starter Wolters_88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

Also, when I’m flushing do I need to use PH’d RO or can I just run like ten gallons of water through and then do the last five five with PH’d and RO water?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also, when I’m flushing do I need to use PH’d RO or can I just run like ten gallons of water through and then do the last five five with PH’d and RO water?
I would just use plain tap as is. The ph is usually higher so just tend adjust and feed.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My water has chloramines in it. Why I was worried. Also I got a HLG 30 to go on my HLG 600h. Can it run the same 20/4 light schedule?
The maximum amount of chloramine is 4ppm under regulations. Most water supplies are 1 ppm. Ascorbic acid will neutralize it if you really worried about it. I wouldn't be. Water your plant in the garden?

Should be fine to run with your hlg 600 photo period.

Last edited:
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

The maximum amount of chloramine is 4ppm under regulations. .oat water supplies are 1 ppm. Ascorbic acid will neutralize it if you really worried about it. I wouldn't be. Water your plant in the garden?

Should be fine to run with your hlg 600 photo period.
Ok, thanks. Can I foliar feed calmag during flower? Will it burn them..etc?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok, thanks. Can I foliar feed calmag during flower? Will it burn them..etc?
Personally I avoid foliar feeding. The only reason really is to get nutrients into the plant fast. So like treating a deficiency or an infection like PM. Other than that I would avoid it as a new grower.

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

Personally I avoid foliar feeding. The only reason really is to get nutrients into the plant fast. So like treating a deficiency or an infection like PM. Other than that I would avoid it as a new grower.

I am flushing the plants and nothing seems to be stopping this. This is my third grow and it’s the same issue every single time. Always a calcium issue. I ph to 5.8. I’m feeding 550-600 ppm. But every single grow... calcium. Only thing I can think of to get calcium in there fast would be a foliar spray. It’s now on all six of my plants and I have flushed the first plant twice at this point.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I am flushing the plants and nothing seems to be stopping this. This is my third grow and it’s the same issue every single time. Always a calcium issue. I ph to 5.8. I’m feeding 550-600 ppm. But every single grow... calcium. Only thing I can think of to get calcium in there fast would be a foliar spray. It’s now on all six of my plants and I have flushed the first plant twice at this point.
Ok what nutes again and what ratios. Just because you see calcium deficiency does mean there is not enough calcium there can be many reasons and most of the time its a nutrient ratio issue or transpiration issue when you see a calcium deficiency.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeahthose got way over fed at some point. That looks a lot more like a lockout than a deficiency IMO.

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

Yeahthose got way over fed at some point. That looks a lot more like a lockout than a deficiency IMO.

I feed the exact same thing every single time I water and it’s always 550-600 ppm. Thanks for trying to help. This is just going in circles. I’m going to have to try another route as my plants are dying.

Top Bottom