Cali-Based Companies & Drug Tests

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

If a company is based in California (or any other state with medicinal marijuana) it seems like they're setting themselves up for lawsuits if they deny employment due to someone's legal choice of treatment for their disability/ailment/medical-condition.

Can we have a little discussion about this?

D

drumtalking

If a company is based in California (or any other state with medicinal marijuana) it seems like they're setting themselves up for lawsuits if they deny employment due to someone's legal choice of treatment for their disability/ailment/medical-condition.

Can we have a little discussion about this?

The California Supreme Court already decided this issue a few years ago and ruled that medical marijuana patients have no legal protection regarding employment. This legal precedent remains in place, at least in California. I believe that Arizona's medical marijuana regulations provide protection for patients, but am not aware of any other MMJ states that do.

Cort

Cort

I think it will remain as it is until a test comes out to determine metabolites vs actively under the influence of thc. Once that can be split we could win the fight in court.

N

NorCalGrower

Yea its no different than any other state. I lost my job because of this

Top Bottom