Cali Connection Chem Reaper Grow

• Thread starter DazedNconfussed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DazedNconfussed

I had a dream last night my plants were actually male.....LOL...I am still new at this, and they are still in veg....can someone put my mind at ease and give their opinion?

IMGP3315
IMGP3316
IMGP3319
IMGP3320
H

Headach

Cant really tell to you flower them, you'll know for sure when they develop balls. Plants leaves look a little unhealthy.

D

DazedNconfussed

hey thanks guys...geuss ill have to wait and see. Yeah I am having a problem with temps hitting 80 for a high, and water temps at 75....

I have been able to keep water temps around 70-71 the last few days by adding the igloo cooly things into the rez every 12 hours. Just a temp fix until I can get the room really venting in some cool mountain air.....

D

Dubwobble

I don't see any balls :)

More Magnesium may help activate next level growth.

D

DazedNconfussed

Well I tested my hanna meter today and boy is it off.....

My ph read 7.4 in a 7.1 solution

My PPM read 1100 in the 1500ppm solution

I dont even understand how that can be, I have fed these plants on average 1200ppm. Does that mean I have really been feeding them 1600+ ppm? They have shown no signs of nute burn.

I have also kept there PH at bout 5.6...but in reality whats it been like 5.0-5.1?

At least I caught this all now, I need to go back to the hydro store tommorrow and get all the solutions to calibrate. I only bought 1500ppm solution and 7.01ph....turns out my meter requires a 7.01, 4.01 solution and some 1362ppm solution.

winta

winta

that might be the case bro same shit happened to me last year my original tester was way off and i was burnin the shit out my girls lol but u should be straight now on to the next 1 :)

Well I tested my hanna meter today and boy is it off.....

My ph read 7.4 in a 7.1 solution

My PPM read 1100 in the 1500ppm solution

I dont even understand how that can be, I have fed these plants on average 1200ppm. Does that mean I have really been feeding them 1600+ ppm? They have shown no signs of nute burn.

I have also kept there PH at bout 5.6...but in reality whats it been like 5.0-5.1?

At least I caught this all now, I need to go back to the hydro store tommorrow and get all the solutions to calibrate. I only bought 1500ppm solution and 7.01ph....turns out my meter requires a 7.01, 4.01 solution and some 1362ppm solution.

D

DazedNconfussed

hey winta, Yeah the crazy part is the plants have no nute burn....I brought them up to what I thought was 1300ppm a week or so ago and they just started to burn the tips, dropped back to 1100, then up to 1200 and everything looked fine...which means I was really up around 1500-1600.....

but my plants leafs have been lime green mainly, and early on I was getting massive leafs, but for the last 3 weeks all leafs have been smaller....My ph has probly been in the low 5 high 4's most these plants life, maybe once I get calibrated and PH where it should be theyll start to look nice and dark green like your all's.....

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
im pretty sure this strain is a fem cross. being bubba x chem unless swerve used his bc1 bubba males. but the listing is pre 98 x Chemdog D so based on that it would make them Chemdog D the pollen doner. did you top them? i find plants take longer to show sex when they are topped. as the node that was gonna be the 5th or 7th is no longer the case after you top. you cut them off so now what is the 3rd or 4th will become the top most nodes, so the plant has to compensate for that.

D

DazedNconfussed

Sorry for the shitty pics, Battery was going dead and I had the HPS on....next update will be much better. Anyways they have about 2 months of veg, maybe 3 months from seed.
I dont know if I got a little crazy while training them but they are only 1' tall and about 2' wide with many tops. The leaves have a color range from dark green-lime green-yellow. Not sure why. They are at 1500ppm (0.5 conv) and the nutes are 2 parts micro, 1 part calmag, and 10ml per gallon hygrozyme.

Also the leaves before training were bigger then my hands, then they got all small again and havent got big since. Growth really seems to have slowed down so I put them in flower last night. I think they may have become root bound in those 5 gallon buckets, didnt expect that.

I have clones from each to use as mothers. These plants dont clone too easy, I had a batch of clones start to root in a dwc cloner I made, but after 3 weeks they just didnt grow any more roots except for one plant and died off...so 1 out of 5 in DWC. In rockwool I got 4 out of 4 to root. Takes about 2.5 to 3 weeks. Air layering was a waste of time.

IMGP3378
IMGP3387
IMGP3376
IMGP3375
T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
:clapping Looking great bro.. Tagged.. :D It says on the pack 10 fem seeds.. No worries.. :tongueout :D

D

DazedNconfussed

im pretty sure this strain is a fem cross. being bubba x chem unless swerve used his bc1 bubba males. but the listing is pre 98 x Chemdog D so based on that it would make them Chemdog D the pollen doner. did you top them? i find plants take longer to show sex when they are topped. as the node that was gonna be the 5th or 7th is no longer the case after you top. you cut them off so now what is the 3rd or 4th will become the top most nodes, so the plant has to compensate for that.

Yeah bro, I topped them, fim'd, lst...everything....take a look at the pics, One pic is the mother, and the plant with much bigger leaves is a clone off that mother. Notice how much bigger the leaves are, and how much more the branches are spacer out. I also kept my 1000w light around 1.5' above the plant....seems to have tightened the internode spacing maybe?

First pic is the mother, second and third are the clone.

IMGP3397
IMGP3396
IMGP3395
D

DazedNconfussed

:clapping Looking great bro.. Tagged.. :D It says on the pack 10 fem seeds.. No worries.. :tongueout :D

Thanks Tex, Yeah I know, I just a little worried I trained them too hard. Well its day 2 of 12/12 so should know forsure soon.

D

DazedNconfussed

well i was waiting to update till I had some baby buds to show but nearly a month into flower and only 1 plants is throwing hairs. Any Idea's why its taking so long?

Edit: I get veg and flower mixed up when not paying attention....They have been in flower for a month almost...

D

DazedNconfussed

fINNALY

Ok, so a quick update, 2 out of 3 have started to flower after 27 days of 12/12. The third looks real close.

Anyone have any idea why this cross would have taken so long to start flowering. The purple erkle I have in there started budding almost 2 weeks ago.

The few other chem reaper grows I have seen seemed to start budding much quicker.....No auto flowering traits here....3 months from seed to 12/12, then takes another 27 days to start budding....LOL...\

Is this a bad sign, I mean should I consider this week 1 or week 4 of flowering, because if I am 27 days into a 70 day flowering cycle my yeild is looking bad.

Here is a pic of a bud at day 27 of 12/12.

IMGP3490
IMGP3491
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah bro, I topped them, fim'd, lst...everything....take a look at the pics, One pic is the mother, and the plant with much bigger leaves is a clone off that mother. Notice how much bigger the leaves are, and how much more the branches are spacer out. I also kept my 1000w light around 1.5' above the plant....seems to have tightened the internode spacing maybe?

First pic is the mother, second and third are the clone.

Plants grown from clone will have tighter inter node spacing and yield better. notice how a seed plant grows symmetrical and a clone will grow staggered nodes. this is based on my experience indoors and from what i have read in books and on forums. you will get more branching on a clone as well then a seedling the same height. so it is better to keep the clone for the mom.

as for the flowering since they came from seed could be the reason they didnt start yet. for the urkle its a pretty old clone and will flower very fast when the lights are flipped. some people say the older the plant the faster it flowers.

i would start looking around the 70 day mark, but since you said it didnt start to flower for 27 days it may take a bit longer then 70 to finish this 1st time. this cross could also have phenos that are done faster then 70. so start paying attention at 8 weeks

D

DazedNconfussed

Plants grown from clone will have tighter inter node spacing and yield better. notice how a seed plant grows symmetrical and a clone will grow staggered nodes. this is based on my experience indoors and from what i have read in books and on forums. you will get more branching on a clone as well then a seedling the same height. so it is better to keep the clone for the mom.

as for the flowering since they came from seed could be the reason they didnt start yet. for the urkle its a pretty old clone and will flower very fast when the lights are flipped. some people say the older the plant the faster it flowers.

i would start looking around the 70 day mark, but since you said it didnt start to flower for 27 days it may take a bit longer then 70 to finish this 1st time. this cross could also have phenos that are done faster then 70. so start paying attention at 8 weeks

Thanks bro....yeah i figured it had to have something to do with these being from seed......but didnt know clones have better internode spacing then seeds....ill keep that in mind when creating some mothers out of my Jamaican OG's.

I am in the middle of a move right now, Ill take pics by this weekend. One plant has taken over and is at least twice the size of the rest and is allready getting frost while the others arent....good thing I got a nice healthy clone from that one to use as a mother....the clones from my others died out....

J

joestoner

Hello All,

I am new here. I wanted to add to the thread because I am running some Chem Reaper clones right now in veg, 1 in flower. I noticed they didn't seem to take to easy to the 4 x 4 rockwool w/light GH early on so I put them in some Happy Frog and they are taking off. I was going to put them into an aeroponic setup, which I have not yet completed a cycle in flower. I did notice it does take longer for my other plants, purple skunk, to show flower signs in aeroponic when grown side by side with sister cuts of the same age in rockwool.

D

DazedNconfussed

fuck guys, dont know what to do....4 out of 5 chem reapers have been destroyed by mites, and the 5th dont seem to attrack many mites but the budding still isnt happening....sure there are some hairs, and plenty of trichomes but no real budding....anyone have any ideas...will take some pics tonight....I have so many months of nutes and electricity into these guys...and this last plant is flat massive.....i turned the light down to 8 hours....i have had temps as high as 90...but normally low 80's during the day and low 70's at night.

Do some plants just not flower sometimes?

Swerve, any idea's, have you ever seen this before?

Latest posts

Top Bottom