Cali water shortage, What`s at stake for MMJ ?

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I just went to fetch water from my spring fed creek. It`s as low as it was this summer at the end of season and muddy. I got my fill but it will have to settle before I empty the transfer tank into the 1000 gal water tank. I`m starting to think of ways I can conserve. Thinking water crystals in the soil and using plastic to line the above ground containers. I may even put flaps over the top and around the stems to close up after watering. This should cut down on evaporation. I may have to have water trucked in towards the end of the season next year!

M

mcpuffin

It's no joke this year. Wilits has imposed a 150 gallon per day maximum. I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of theft this year.

jaredman

jaredman

it could very well dry up the outdoor market in cali in a couple more years. If what they say in the articles happens and there is an extended drought there will be no water for outdoor plants. could really change the whole game. The scary thing is the real importance of the area agriculturally. So much food comes from there especially in the winter months. only time will tell but its pretty scary i think

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I just went to fetch water from my spring fed creek. It`s as low as it was this summer at the end of season and muddy. I got my fill but it will have to settle before I empty the transfer tank into the 1000 gal water tank. I`m starting to think of ways I can conserve. Thinking water crystals in the soil and using plastic to line the above ground containers. I may even put flaps over the top and around the stems to close up after watering. This should cut down on evaporation. I may have to have water trucked in towards the end of the season next year!
Cover crops will be your best friend here.

M

mars

If they would stop using all the water for fracking there would be a lot more good water. I only say this do to the fact that they have the knowhow & technology for clean free energy.
It is my understanding that we have the same amount of water since the creation as well as fresh air.
It is also my understanding that most things mankind will have to deal with in these days & in the immediate future will be do to the iniquity of mankind.
The governments of this world are simply evil and more so than the citizens.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Are you implying to use cover crops around/atop base of say 200 gallon smartie?

Absolutely! Inside that smartie, too. It's what I did last year and it made a HUGE difference in keeping the soil covered and moist.
If they would stop using all the water for fracking there would be a lot more good water. I only say this do to the fact that they have the knowhow & technology for clean free energy.
It is my understanding that we have the same amount of water since the creation as well as fresh air.
It is also my understanding that most things mankind will have to deal with in these days & in the immediate future will be do to the iniquity of mankind.
The governments of this world are simply evil and more so than the citizens.
I don't think we're fracking in California yet, though. And, the 'governments' are US. So if the government is evil, *we* are evil.

I just received an email from Change.org, asking me to sign a petition that would ask the government to place regulations and restrictions on how farmers in the central valley water, mostly addressing flood & drain methods. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I mean, I absolutely agree with the idea of preserving water, but what about people using potable water to flush SHIT? How much water is wasted just flushing the fucking toilet? Nothing like taking a little PERSONAL responsibility, eh Elaine?

To that end, we've installed a dual-flush retrofit kit on one of the toilets. It's been working flawlessly, so we're doing all the toilets in the house. Now, all we have to do is REMEMBER--up for #1, down for #2. Yes, I've forgotten, twice. :o

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Build an outhouse? Does a Pbutter poop in the woods?

What cover crops do you plant in your smarties?

I'll pee outside when I'm outside. But you know me and pee. ;)

I did a mix, but I need to expand that mix by at least twice. Stuff like fenugreek, amaranth, clover... oh Christ, now I'm drawing a blank. I should write this stuff down, shouldn't I?
Looks like we're gonna get some real rain this week in NorCal!!!
DOOD! You've got my attention, please expand on the water falling from sky situation!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Ground hog said 6 more weeks of Winter. And yes we`ve got storms coming in but they will only feed the fuel for fires this summer and put a drop or two in the lakes and streams for now. To little ,to late! But hey we`ll take everything we can get! I`m hoping for lots of snow in the high country as that would be helpful! I`m not hoping for snow down lower though like 4500-4800 ft. Because It will just melt away and freeze my butt for nothing! My heater in the RV doesn`t work well ! (Not 4 season made)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
our forecast on Wunderground say 50% chance tonight and 50% again in 8 days :meh:

If My well goes dry I would be done...Id have to give the place to the bank and leave
I dont even have a storage tank...:facepalm: and certanly cant afford to buy water
drilling another 500ft well would be a huge crap shoot..
yep...I think I would have to dump it on the bank.
and I dont think im the only one in cali that will do that if things get bad here
could be a mass exodus :wacky:

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yep you can bet delivered water would sky rocket if even available. You might get by with drilling your well deeper? Also you could get a water tank and draw water slowly to keep it full? I`m thinking Native American water dances will also go up in price as well as water witching.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

LOL sealed.
Ironically i live in the desert and our water companies say we could go 12 more years before we had to even start worrying about our aquifers.I know it is super dry and we have not had rain but even if it had rained record amounts these same asshats that cry drought every year would be running around like chicken little,who knows what to beleive anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom