Calling all experts!

• Thread starter inthegorge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'll advise using the root pack to start. It's got the most bang for the buck, as it were. Foliar and root if you want a bit more variety in there. Also, if you're going to go organic, then learn about and use those aerated compost teas (it may be time to start a large worm bin on site).

Also, look into the bug netting. If you need I can link you.

I know you didn't ask for opinions on these young fellers, but I think that the fact that they want to give notice to their employers speaks well for them. Don't ask them to give their current employers short shrift. Looks bad, feels bad, and in the end no one wants to employ someone who's willing to cut & run for the next biggest buck.

inthegorge

inthegorge

Thank you so much burn4me:-) I have read some of your posts and friendly words from you seem to be honestly given! Thank you Seamaiden...I will place the order tomorrow! You are of course absolutely right about both my partners and I would not want to have flaky "quit your job on the spot" sort of partners. The one that is my youngest daughters boyfriend talked with his boss yesterday and like everyone else we have relationships with, he was very supportive and excited about the possibilities of a "legal" business in this field but asked him to give him at least a month to fill his position. He might move to the weekend shift though and only work 3 days a week there so he could be at W.O.W. Weed 4 days a week which would help quite a bit. My other daughters boyfriend gave his notice on Thursday and he is working for 2 weeks and then will be full time with us. That will help immensely. I was not asking either of them to quit without notice, I would never do that, but it would be nice to have more resources for help. Very soon that won't be a problem though so I will just have to be patient:-) I am taking off Friday and going just for the day to Sasquatch Music Festival at the Gorge Amphitheater and that will be wonderful!

I still forgot to upload some new photos but I will try to remember tomorrow. We are taking a few shots every couple of days of a few different strains in flower mode to see how they morph into their final lovely selves. Cool to see their progression! Things are coming along good.....temps are staying at reasonable levels......no bugs that we can't manage.....plants look healthy and are growing crazy fast.....so far so good! I have plants outside on table in a more protected area in the front of our building, still inside our fencing including the 400 clones I am selling to another grower and it is so great to have them outside looking like a nursery that I think I will have around 1000 out there all hardened up for growers that need clones to put right outside.

I do get to take Friday off and go to Sasquatch music fest for just the day. I have had this idea to hand out pinner joints to people over 21 with W.O.W. Weed printed on the crutch and I give them a free doobie if they like our facebook page or follow us on instagram or something like that.....? There are over 30,000 music loving, mostly Washingtonians there, and it is not illegal to posses the weed or to give it away as long as we do not have more than an oz on our person. Just try to get our name out there and have people looking for it when the retail shops open. Give out a sticker with each doobie maybe....? My youngest daughter who does modeling and her movie star looking boyfriend could be the ones giving them out. The only catch is that we cannot in anyway use our own weed to give away....rules of the LCB .....so I am not sure how good of an advertisement it would be but if I got some really good weed no one would care if it was actual W.O.W. Weed or not I guess, especially since it is so forbidden with the state. Anyway....just an idea and that would be a darned lot of doobie rolling between now and Friday! Might have to try to do it anyway though:-)

burn4me

burn4me

awesome ITG. glad you get to take much needed "you" time. and it would have blown if youve been to all then had to miss this one. but shows how dedicated you truly are, that you would miss it if you had too. but glad you got the chance to get away. no go enjoy yourself and let loose. im sure itll still be standing when you return. and i cant wait to see pics. positive vibes sent to you and yours.

keep it green
B4M

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I totally hear you on needing help. I desperately need (trustworthy, honest, & hardworking) help out here and I just don't have the help I need. It's too late to pop more buns, so birthing the future help won't be happening, either.

I don't think I can state strongly enough how badly I wish I lived in an area where I could go to the local Home de Pot or Lowe's and find a few good Hispanic men to bring home and put to work. It's how I grew up, I thought it was like that everywhere, it ain't. I thought especially in these times it'd be too easy to find people who really want to work--it ain't. And the fucked up thing is that this is the first time in my life that I can afford to pay and *not* do it myself, instead!

O! The irony.

You have yourself a BLAST at that music fest!

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Have fun at the music fest ITG. Glad you wont have to miss it. If you set up an IG account be sure to let us know the handle. there are lots of us on there. best wishes and be safe.

Cartman

Cartman

" birthing the future help "........lol.....try it anyway...would make a great reality show.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Can't happen, I no longer shed eggs from my ovaries. Plus, hubby's been snipped. Snip snip!

inthegorge

inthegorge

I am going to upload a few photos but unfortunately my camera is shit:-( My daughters have better photos but I never get them from them but I will make a point of it.
2014 05 16 17 51 03 653

This is how we keep track day to day....painted the chalk board on the wall (we have small ones in each grow area) record what goes on during the day and take a photo of it each morning so we have a record. Seems to work well for us.

2014 05 18 09 51 24 51
2014 05 18 09 52 17 702

Super Silver Haze in day 11 of flower.
2014 05 18 09 47 38 205

Berkeley Blues day 11 of flower
2014 05 18 09 51 50 772

An assortment of some of our larger plants day 11 in flower. You can't tell probably but all of these are taller than me and I am 5'8" tall. Sorry...can't really see much in this one:-(

I will try to get some from my daughters that show it all much better:) If anyone is going to be at Sasquatch this weekend look for the folks in the W.O.W. Weed tshirts and come pick up a free doobie:)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Do you keep otherwise digitize your logs or in some way make them easily referenced? I think there may be apps that would convert the pix to a file that's more easily used for that sort of record-keeping.

Hope you have fun!

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

The love is showing, hows your outdoor doing. hope all is well and
yes remember to make time for yourself too.
much love and respect.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

What the heck is federal irrigation water? Man I hate our government. As much as they try to stop this, growers will finds a way around every hurdle.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Cool to see your flowering already, not to nitpick but that Berkely Blues section really needs better structure/pruning and canopy development IMO :D Have fun at your festival!!
yeah Baba's knows this stuff!
prune that small lower stuff off ! :)

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Federal irrigation water. Hmmm. Makes sense. We should probably just relocate Vegas and most of Arizona and southern Cali to areas where water comes more easily. Like Wisconsin. Pump in the sunshine instead of the water. I'm sure giant mirrors would be cheaper than dams, hehe. Or use their new cloud seeding weather influencing chemicals to MAKE IT RAIN, Homie!

The more I learn, the more I wish the Native Americans had been able to successfully defend this land from the paleface forked tongues. I watch "The Last of the Mohicans" and feel jilted that I wasn't born in the early 1800s...lol

inthegorge

inthegorge

Every bit of information is recorded digitally in our traceability system Seamaiden. The chalk board is just for info between shifts, so I can see at a glance what occurred when I was not there and the same for anyone else tending the plants. Every time we feed, every time a plant is moved, every time a clone is taken, how many hours each ballast/bulb is powered, what soil mix, how long clone took to root, etc. is recorded digitally.

Lucky for me the federal stance on reclaimed water does not affect me as we are on city water supply....whew! I know growers however that have already had their water turned off:-(( They are dealing with it just as we would if we were faced with such a situation.

The one day of Sasquatch was glorious:-) Saw the Foals, Kongos, Outkast, Foster the People, Naked and Famous, Modern Kin, Cage the Elephant, De La Soul and White Sea all in one beautiful sunny day in the amphitheater of the Gods...we even had VIP seats in our own box with table service and it was all just perfect really even though it was a 6 hour drive there and back:-)
Here is a photo (not mine obviously) for anyone that has not yet been to the Gorge Amphitheater.....it is worth the visit! No better place to listen to live music.....Red Rocks is as nice but I do not think it is better....but I am a bit biased on that I imagine.
130522174841 04 outdoor venues 0522 horizontal gallery

Plants are doing really well:-) Just got some planted outside over the weekend but not all of them unfortunately. Waiting for our growing medium due to an illness for our supplier and I am freaking out! If I lived somewhere closer to a larger population I would not have a problem but out here most people won't deliver and if they do it is a long wait and costs an arm and a leg both. Indoor looks lovely, smells even better and we are hopeful for a good crop. Today is day 21 in flower.

I will read up about pruning and canopy development......I pretty much just let them do what they want to except to pinch top leaves when they are tiny if I want them to bush out. I have read a bit about it but did not pay much attention because I was not there yet. I guess I am there:-)

Hoping to have some really good photos taken soon by someone other than myself. My daughter took a few that are showing the beginnings of trichome development but this damn new computer is complicating my life:-/ Here are a couple....motivation and critical kush.
Photo 1
Photo 3

Top Bottom