Calling all experts!

• Thread starter inthegorge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HeadGrow

HeadGrow

That's crazy to me that just fans can keep a room full of that many lights cool, but i guess you're living proof. Way to go!

There will be some things out of your control. Hopefully by throwing out every bizarre scenario it will help you be ready, however you can, to anything thrown your way.

That sucks about the address being public record. I thought that's what i remembered from the application.

I do wish the best for ya. Sorry if I come off as an ass sometimes. I agree with Ken; I really enjoy your updates and thanks for keeping us in the loop. :D

Last edited:
HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

No matter how many cfms your fan pulls if its over 85 degrees on the intake, itll never get under 90 in there. Thats the least of your worries, if I were you id be extremely concerned about powdery mildew and botrytis after week 5 of flower when the plants are transpiring gallons upon gallons of moisture into the air every hr during your night cycle. My cousins are up there as we speak in the same position as you, they just put down 25 tons of AC and 60 lights. Said due to the enviroment in the PNW its really hard to keep RH under control even in a sealed room. Hope you had that in mind because once PM takes hold in a garden that size, its as good as done.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Pollen chuckers....now how exactly would you think I could possibly do anything about that? EVERY I502 business is public record. Not a damn thing I can do about that. Our indoor is protected by clean fan intake filters but outdoor is anybodies game. I can only focus on things I can control and no reason at all to spend any time on those that I cannot. If someone thinks it is to their advantage to do such a fucking stupid thing then there would be nothing at all I can do to stop them. A sickening indictment of any other growers intent and it is obvious why so many people outside the industry would have issues with marijuana growers if they would stoop to such a level to begin with:-((
That's one of the reasons why you have all those security cameras, right? ;) If it were to happen, a good set of misters would resolve the issue very quickly (says the woman who tried to make seeds on a misty morning and failed rather miserably).

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Ogbiowar is one of the best preventative products for PM on the market. Not only does it have bennies for your rhizosphere but it also contains strains of bennies that are mobile and can travel throughout your plant. If you dont fix your enviroment there isnt a product on this planet that will keep powdery mildew gone. Pm is like herpes once your plant has it, it will always come back. It grafts itself into the cell wall/membrane of the plant and grows into new growth systematically. It will only manifest or show itself tho when its moist/cold or warm/dry enough depending on which PM strain your plant contracted.

inthegorge

inthegorge

Powdery mildew is not normally an issue for us here in the very dry eastern end of the Columbia Gorge. We get 9 inches of rain per year....super dry here. We have to add humidity to our flowering room and all our grow rooms for that matter to be in a good heat/humidity range even with temps in the low 70's. I do not think you understand the variations in climate in WA state...it is a big place with quite variable climates. Ours is hot and dry in the summer, cold and dry in the winter, moderate and dry in the fall and moderate and an occasional shower but for the most part dry in the spring. Not the same as the west side of the mountains at all. We are the southernmost spot in the state on the eastern side of the mountains in the very very windy Columbia Gorge, a natural wind tunnel through the Cascade mountain range. 40 miles east of us folks have issues with PM and their outdoor crops. Not really here. Inside I will do the best we can. Caps bennies are on my list...just have not gotten to it yet but thanks for reminding me! For flowering our lights are only on at night, from 8:30 PM - 8:00AM to utilize the coolest temps and it almost always is less than 65 degrees here at night, even in the heat of the summer. It was 84 here yesterday and luckily for us our building seems to be nicely insulated and we stayed below 75 with the lights off during the day. We still exhaust heat in the day time from the flowering room if temps rise above 80 which they will but still....exhausting the total sq. footage every minute keeps our humidity very low. Veg room will be where we need temp controls because lights are on from 8:30 PM - 2:30 PM and it will be hot outside from 9am-2:30pm but we will manage. and we have planned for that. Just because I do not discuss every minute detail does not mean we do not consider it.

Again....you worrying about it is a waste of your time HOP...... I can do all the worrying about our grow that anyone around here needs to do and as you can imagine I do plenty of it:-)

We will have outdoor misters Seamaiden...it is damn hot around here in the summer time and our plants will require them along with drip irrigation.

Update on strains...yesterday was the final day to bring strains into our facility. Our list stands at 88. I am excited to see how they all turn out:-)

Man I wish I could afford workers already....soooo much work and yes....I already knew it would be. We do not have any extra moolah to pay anyone else yet though and unfortunately I do not have anyone I can call upon (other than my daughter) that wants to work for free....imagine that:-/ Maybe if we sell some clones to other licensed growers as they are licensed I can do that. I have not had less than a 12-20 hour workday since we opened. Keeping it together though....plants are flourishing and everything is going good so far! Back to work for me:-)

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
My childhood friend pulled one of the largest permits at 71,000 sq ft. Yes 71,000. And he pulled it.

He's asking about a lot of stuff but when it comes to it... I run 16k in flower , 20k total.. Flower room is 30'x8' and I do 8 plants a week at a quarter pound a plant in a scrog

I run this entirely by myself and have one trimmer and one guy (my dad) selling to patients for 4 hours a day while I pick up the other 4.

Over the years the biggest task has been finding my rythym. I trim Monday/Tuesday.. Water.. Start tea on tues... Wedsday is act brew/magic bullet spray recently, Thursday is transants and flips, Friday is feed. I will also feed on wedsday if they need it.

I took me years of trial and error and the only advice I can give my buddy looking at 71k sq ft is that these things work for ME.

You WILL need a rooftop AC, I DO reccomend a HRV unit (use in breweries to control humidity) and these are not cheap (10k) for both-ish.

If you need any more help don't hesitate to PM Me, I agree with nearly everythin the pros have said so far

And inthegorge, the worst things I ever did growing was "figure" it wouldn't happen, because it DOES (seeded out rooms, mites, PM, EVERYTHING you could imagine).

You WILL HAVE PM issues and you MUST know the begining signs. I'm just 300 miles east of you and I'm in a even more cold harsh climate. Spring is coming and you will 100% see PM outside. Take the smart route and PLAN for it, caps bennies are great as foliar to avoid outbreaks, and green cure for signs of spots.

I wish ou the best of luck man, I'm not perfect at all, no grower is. I've never in my short 28 years of life been constantly challenged evey single day (weather it be patients or grow)

Last edited:
inthegorge

inthegorge

Thanks for the info bongobongo. I take everything everyone says into consideration. Your friend is in WA east of us? The largest canopy allowed with the highest tier is 21,000 sq feet. Was originally 30,000 but the LCB cut everyone's canopy maximum by 30% so 21,000 feet is the current maximum. Probably a typo. 3 times the space of me though. Great that he got his license...happy to hear someone knows someone else that was fortunate as we have been!

Again...I am really just posting stuff here because I said I would. If your buddy wants to start posting how it goes for him I will stop because it takes time I don't really have. Personally I think it is good for people interested in weed legalization to know how this "legalization" process in WA state is actually going down, from the inside out. That is the main reason I still post. If I were a board member here I would like to know how it is turning out from a "legal" growers perspective.

As to growing....I am a novice at this on this scale........as will be mostly everyone else in the process. I know that WAY more than you do. I know every one has an idea how we should do things. We have some limits however that I personally have to manage that are unique to us and those are in finances at the moment. We can only do what we can do until after first harvest. We are poised well....plants looking good.....good daytime temps for the next month hopefully........good exhaust system in the building....everything is going smoothly and you can be I am knocking on wood when I say that. I need luck to be with me on this. That is my reality. Much needs to be done for any summer crop indoors here, seriously does anyone think we would be doing this and not consider it? We will be working on it every day every hour we can and as soon as we have the cash, climate control will be our first major concern. Caps bennies are on the top of the list too but with 2000 plants in various stages of sizes it is a bit expensive and we come back to the finances. I will just say again, I don't really come here for expertise and advice anymore, not that it is not here, it just has not been readily available here to me except in telling me what mistakes I am making really....... except of course from some very kind board members that have been lovely from the start:-) I don't react positively to criticism. My issue but still .....my issue:-) If you just want to tell me how wrong I am........ even if you are spot on right.......well.......to be honest....I don't really care. Offering concrete advice through a private message however is very nice and I may take you up on that!

The first newspaper article about our business. She took a few things out of context, wrong about a few facts and got a couple things I said backwards which is odd since she recorded the whole conversation, but for the most part it is positive and hopefully won't get the neighbors too riled up.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Hey, I started out in Montana just like you in WA. 21k was his limit so yya, highly doubt he will post here but I can PM you his name.

Just watch for the white spots ;). Hopefully you go down without a hitch

inthegorge

inthegorge

And that is exactly what I need! Or someone that can hang until our first crop. Very difficult to ask someone to do that:-(( I do have a spare bedroom if anyone can handle my funny but sometimes asshat drunken husband, my two overly spoiled dogs, our really rotten parrots, our mean cat, the stray cat from the back porch that now is a true couch potato and always on our couch, the neighbors cat that hates our mean cat, attacks her whenever she sees her but is a total sweetie pie to us, and my lazy but gorgeous youngest daughter. We do live in the most amazing spot on the Columbia river with our own private beach. Not a fancy house but it works, a good hot tub with a view of the river, a kayak and canoe for playing on the water and more repotting, spraying, hand watering, cloning and cleaning than any three people can handle:-) Taking all applications...and I am totally serious!

sdgrower

sdgrower

Very impressive thread inthegorge! I look forward to your updates. Keep up the great work and stay safe.

burn4me

burn4me

And that is exactly what I need! Or someone that can hang until our first crop. Very difficult to ask someone to do that:-(( I do have a spare bedroom if anyone can handle my funny but sometimes asshat drunken husband, my two overly spoiled dogs, our really rotten parrots, our mean cat, the stray cat from the back porch that now is a true couch potato and always on our couch, the neighbors cat that hates our mean cat, attacks her whenever she sees her but is a total sweetie pie to us, and my lazy but gorgeous youngest daughter. We do live in the most amazing spot on the Columbia river with our own private beach. Not a fancy house but it works, a good hot tub with a view of the river, a kayak and canoe for playing on the water and more repotting, spraying, hand watering, cloning and cleaning than any three people can handle:) Taking all applications...and I am totally serious!
can a felon from another state even get such a job legally? hows the job market otherwise round those parts?:writing:
i think i could be talked into this if jobs are present till you are able to take on employees.
im day dreaming now......thats my dream job. lots of work but also lots of rewards.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I cant imagine how much fun that job would be as far as life experiences go that right up there on my bucket list... even for an ex sailor. Good hunting wish I were 20 years younger.
You are the inspiration Too. . . .

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

And that is exactly what I need! Or someone that can hang until our first crop. Very difficult to ask someone to do that:-(( I do have a spare bedroom if anyone can handle my funny but sometimes asshat drunken husband, my two overly spoiled dogs, our really rotten parrots, our mean cat, the stray cat from the back porch that now is a true couch potato and always on our couch, the neighbors cat that hates our mean cat, attacks her whenever she sees her but is a total sweetie pie to us, and my lazy but gorgeous youngest daughter. We do live in the most amazing spot on the Columbia river with our own private beach. Not a fancy house but it works, a good hot tub with a view of the river, a kayak and canoe for playing on the water and more repotting, spraying, hand watering, cloning and cleaning than any three people can handle:) Taking all applications...and I am totally serious!
Your pm box is going to explode, good luck finding good help

burn4me

burn4me

I cant imagine how much fun that job would be as far as life experiences go that right up there on my bucket list... even for an ex sailor. Good hunting wish I were 20 years younger.
You are the inspiration Too. . . .
sooooooooo much hunting, fishing, and hiking and the such. beautiful state no doubt.

Top Bottom