Calling all experts!

• Thread starter inthegorge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I am/ well was in your situation. Albeit medically. It's not criticism, but growers giving you advice that they have already been through. Don't take every bit of advice at once, but a few constructive ones. That don't cost money, but are givin as help. Texas kids advice on less plants is NOT to make you "grow less". Less plants will give you MORE. Pick up some time in veg. It'll make your life so much easier. And he's right, moving plants in and out during a cycle just screams disaster. Weather it be bugs (mites, like you.. I, everyone that's been criticizing you) said you would get.

IMO the end results and the original title of the thread would have yielded you much better results if you stuck to your gut "calling all experts"... For HELP.

I, or many could sit and tell you several things wrong with what your doing. And for you to turn head and say there's a million different ways to skin a cat is TRUE... There's a massive consensus on how to reach that point, and it seems like I see myself in the mirror 10 years ago looking at what your doing. I wish I would have had people giving me the criticism and instead of tellin them "I'm doing it this way and it's working". Well, not with what I see. Don't you want to be THE BEST? You have a team of family that can get it done. Besides shrugging off consultation from certain people, reach out to the right ones. Any mentioned on here, in a thread like this, is meant for help

And I'm sure your finding out... Every single day is a day to get something done AND to try something new. Push hard, your in a good place. But a wise man once told me "don't be a lazy grower". If I see something that needs to be done, get it done. There's alwayssssss time in a 12 hour day. No matter how packed you think it is. There's always time

Last edited:
D

Dabaholic

I was not in the least worried about our lab tests as far as contamination really. We had no reason to think we would not pass microbial testing.....perhaps some of you hoped we would not but that is your issue, not ours. Not sure what labs you use....where they are.....or what their standards are....... but the WA state Liquor Control Board has such stringent rules for labs that there are only 3 certified in the whole state to do testing for the recreational market. Not sure what would be good enough for some of the folks here.....certification from "God" that our weed is ok? Might be hard for me to achieve but of course I should be held to some greater standard than anyone else out there apparently including the medical market that makes "medicine". State certified lab testing is good enough for us thanks very much and of course jumping through the hoops that the government put in front of us just to do that has left me with about 3 hours of sleep for each of the last 4 nights to boot. And still here.....not good enough....should have had your product tested 97 times by 97 different labs and I doubt it would have been good enough or pass muster with some of you!!!!

State certification was good enough for A360 yet they have shown to be nothing but inconsistent in their analysis. They openly admitted to having contaminants within their lab... yes, inside their lab. Yet these people who can't keep a confined space completely isolated are ok to do lab testing. The skepticism is only because the washington LCB has literally no fucking clue what they're doing.
These "state certified" labs also let quite a bit of marijuana hit the market that had PM and budrot... The reason people like to see results from multiple labs is to help spot these discrepancies.

Being nit picky is not us trying to put you down. You are a major grower now and a lot of people are going to be smoking your weed. You should be concerned about this not to just pass state regulations but to ensure your product is truly the best. If you are growing outside, you should have a lot of reasons to worry about microbial contaminants. It's nowhere near easy to do so.
Most of the actual medical market doesn't reside in dispensaries, the money yes but not the people. The truly sick patients more often than not either grow themselves or have a close friend grow for them just to make sure their "medicine" is the quality of actual medicine. Take in mind, these are also often smaller inside gardens that are much easier to keep isolated.

Congratulations on getting your product to the market! I'm hope you don't see this as an attack but more trying to shed light on where these other folk's negativity may come from. Smoke some bowls, lay out in the sun, and take a long needed nap. You deserve it for making it through your cycle successfully.

inthegorge

inthegorge

So..how many lab tests exactly and from how many labs is it required by the THC Farmers message board to qualify as good enough to smoke? Is that written some where because I missed it if it is.......oh...and how many people here use that standard.....just so we are clear. I am meeting the requirements of the system in place here where I am. Don't like it...don't buy the weed. I am just going to have to keep on disagreeing with you on outdoor weed. Do you only eat food grown under artificial lighting? There are retail shops already here that are specializing in outdoor weed only....yes only! If you do not like it don't buy the weed. We have gone bigger with our plants....much bigger...as a result of our own experience with our first crop....just like we are supposed to we learn with our experiences just like each one of you do. I could not have used that advice sooner as our operation was already in place....already growing....already timelines in place and so many other aspects of the operation that none of you see.

And I'm sure your finding out... Every single day is a day to get something done AND to try something new. Push hard, your in a good place. But a wise man once told me "don't be a lazy grower". If I see something that needs to be done, get it done. There's alwayssssss time in a 12 hour day. No matter how packed you think it is. There's always time.

Now that is just a flipping joke! I work 14-16 hour days, every single day, 7 days a week...I am not in any way a lazy grower and there is not time for 1/2 of what I think I need to do. Those are just words that apply in certain situations.....not mine I can assure you. We are already pushing hard....as hard as we possibly can.

You folks have heard my side of this whole process. I don't think I have anything else to say and no time to fuss about your opinions of how I receive your opinions quite frankly. To everyone that has been supportive...thank you from the bottom of my heart!!! May all your fingers be sticky and I hope you all have the opportunity to do what we are doing in your own states sooner than later! Hopefully real legalization will be all of our realities in our near future and that is what I am working toward. Here's to that great day when we can all grow our own weed just the way we each want to:-)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Find you a sativa that isnt racy kinda high and one that doesnt do the paronoai thing ya know maybe a high cbd sativa leaner and dont be shy endulge in that one...peace and chicken grease

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Facts or your opinion? lol Come on man. She's trying hard and on a massive scale. Why not support her and give her props for having bigger balls than most men in this industry, instead of trying to kick sand in her face? I'm sure ITG would be grateful for some of your 20 years of growing knowledge....and you're from NorCal so you're automatically an expert, right? lmao Dude you run a 2 light tent, don't act like an elitist.
Just thought this prior post was still relevant...

Billyboat

Billyboat

I am very impressed with what you started with and how well everything turned out. Those thc numbers are not crazy high but they are good enough and I would be proud!

The market dictates the price, this isn't medical weed, it passes the lab, send it to the market!

People will always hate, no matter what!

Keep on it! Hard work pays off!

Cheers!!

D

Dabaholic

I am just going to have to keep on disagreeing with you on outdoor weed. Do you only eat food grown under artificial lighting? There are retail shops already here that are specializing in outdoor weed only....yes only! If you do not like it don't buy the weed.

What is there to disagree on? You'd have to seriously be in the dark to not realize how much you are exposed when growing outside. What's even worse is you're comparing something you SMOKE to something you would EAT. The smoking of mold spores is far worse for you than eating the same quantity for instance.

As for testing. Most usually test at two places for what I mentioned before..... discrepancies. Just because a place is a state certified lab does not mean they aren't prone to make mistakes like every other lab. Again I'd use A360 as my main point for this. How you blew that out of proportion to anything else I'm not sure.

Btw, yes, I would support food grown under artificial light
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...lettuce-DAY-using-lights-mimic-day-night.html

Last edited:
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I was not in the least worried about our lab tests as far as contamination really. We had no reason to think we would not pass microbial testing.....perhaps some of you hoped we would not but that is your issue, not ours. Not sure what labs you use....where they are.....or what their standards are....... but the WA state Liquor Control Board has such stringent rules for labs that there are only 3 certified in the whole state to do testing for the recreational market. Not sure what would be good enough for some of the folks here.....certification from "God" that our weed is ok? Might be hard for me to achieve but of course I should be held to some greater standard than anyone else out there apparently including the medical market that makes "medicine". State certified lab testing is good enough for us thanks very much and of course jumping through the hoops that the government put in front of us just to do that has left me with about 3 hours of sleep for each of the last 4 nights to boot. And still here.....not good enough....should have had your product tested 97 times by 97 different labs and I doubt it would have been good enough or pass muster with some of you!!!!
seriously, 97 labs...that's absurd. I was just sharing information and it's the leading labs in Cali I've utilized, SC labs, Steep Hill, CW analyticals...etc.

I didn't say your herb isn't good or anything of that nature. Get some fukn sleep.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This is not in reference to you but I have yet to see labs give people bad reports for mold and whatnot and I've seen some samples from people go to the lab that should be getting a bad report but if it's not obviously visual(the mold) the lab seems to give thumbs up everytime...I mean they want your money and they want it next time too...some labs are not on the up and up. I would really like to see some lab protocol followed for the good of the patient and not the good of the labs finances...
Easy, itg. From my point of view baba is making a good point which is based on his experience here in California, where we don't have lab protocols, etc. And that very lack of protocols and standards in testing, methods, etc, is something I myself have complained about as it lends an illegitimacy to medical cannabis, and in the state that was on the forefront. <sigh, past tense>

Neither is he saying anything that suggests he's hoping you fail, or have 'dirty' buds, etc. :)

Others still have made some very salient points regarding possible future issues, not in the hopes that you would fail, but instead endeavoring to prevent you from making the same mistakes many, if not all of us have made. In my own experience it's only a matter of time before animals become vectors, and that's not to say that you will "fail," but it is to say that you should expect to experience related issues. as we all have at all scales.

To be sure, you've dealt with some armchair quarterbacks here, so it's easy to understand that you feel you're being attacked from all sides. But you're not, truly. Just look back at all the very supportive posts, there are many, including from some moderators who are very interested in seeing you, and others like you, do this right and succeed doing it.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Sea maiden, says it well. And elegantly ;)

Itg, all growing conversation aside which can get lengthy and time consuming (most, if not all, are full time growers in the industry) your on a forefront. All of us have been on the forefront, and one like Washington's chaos is probably a stressful one ;). But
ALL of us are here for you. As we have ALL been on the battlegrounds, protesting, being closely tied to the political ends. It takes a true fighter to dabble in all the endless fields this new baby we have birthed has shat.

Last edited:
SunGrown

SunGrown

Congrats @inthegorge !

I have been following this thread for awhile now, and it has been hard to keep my mouth shut at times, some of these guys have been egotistical assholes to you at times, but most have been on your side.

The startup cash was the only thing that worried me, but I could tell you would keep on keepin on, so full steam ahead!

Look forward to seeing and hearing more of your adventures!

Top Bottom