Calling all experts!

• Thread starter inthegorge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
miko

miko

Been watching your post since day one. I have a medium one man show and find it really hard to keep up.

For testing, you are well ahead of most of us getting a baseline testing done.

All I wanted to share is I am moving away from many plants for larger, longer vegged ladies. Bigger yeild and easier to manage...

We learn from every run, and this is a constant evolution...

My goal is the greatest product with the simplest process, feed, environment, effort.

God bless and great facility. Looking good.

burn4me

burn4me

Well.... It looks like itg hasn't been back in a while. I'm guessing she's busier than a cat in a roomful of rocking chairs!
i was in here last night before bed and thought the same thing. i was hoping she had got some time away not only for her sanity from working so hard but also to say hi to her many followers on this thread. shes done so well for time,money, and resources she has been given.

so ITG we are thinking of ya and sending ++vibes your way.
stay safe and be easy

Garden of Dreams

Garden of Dreams

Breeder
So..how many lab tests exactly and from how many labs is it required by the THC Farmers message board to qualify as good enough to smoke? Is that written some where because I missed it if it is.......oh...and how many people here use that standard.....just so we are clear. I am meeting the requirements of the system in place here where I am. Don't like it...don't buy the weed. I am just going to have to keep on disagreeing with you on outdoor weed. Do you only eat food grown under artificial lighting? There are retail shops already here that are specializing in outdoor weed only....yes only! If you do not like it don't buy the weed. We have gone bigger with our plants....much bigger...as a result of our own experience with our first crop....just like we are supposed to we learn with our experiences just like each one of you do. I could not have used that advice sooner as our operation was already in place....already growing....already timelines in place and so many other aspects of the operation that none of you see.

Now that is just a flipping joke! I work 14-16 hour days, every single day, 7 days a week...I am not in any way a lazy grower and there is not time for 1/2 of what I think I need to do. Those are just words that apply in certain situations.....not mine I can assure you. We are already pushing hard....as hard as we possibly can.

You folks have heard my side of this whole process. I don't think I have anything else to say and no time to fuss about your opinions of how I receive your opinions quite frankly. To everyone that has been supportive...thank you from the bottom of my heart!!! May all your fingers be sticky and I hope you all have the opportunity to do what we are doing in your own states sooner than later! Hopefully real legalization will be all of our realities in our near future and that is what I am working toward. Here's to that great day when we can all grow our own weed just the way we each want to:)

yep tons of opinions and back seat drivers, You go girl! Dont sweat the Petty things ITG.
Growers are like carpenters, toss'm all in a framed house they all start to argue. keep up the hard work! This Washington program is brand new, of course everyones scrambling, State included, I tell you this, the states doing a GREAT job, Brand new programs take time to implement and work the bugs out, this goes for anything in life not just cannabis, I detect Hatoraide in this thread, believe me you ITG, the move progress you make in this indusyry the more haters come out, I sum it up to lazyness because we all came into this world with nothing, what we choose to do and say defines us, own the day! make your own moves and spread love and Trics not jeoloussy n hate.

#ProbioticFarmersAlliance

stonestacker

stonestacker

Thinking good thoughts, wondering how it goes. Sending good vibes kill it ITG.

vangs

vangs

I just typed up a big long answer and then with a keystroke it all disappeared:-/ Lucky for everyone you get the short answer.

I just got as many clones and seeds as I could afford and then cloned the heck out of them. I built 10 ez cloner sort of cloners with 70 stations each and I can put 2 cuttings in each station for a total of about 1400 at a time now. No that is not legal but the LCB did not make a legal path for us in this issue. We used my spare bedroom, my daughters spare bedroom, one of my partners spare bedroom and even a space in a friends house. We did buy a few seeds here my partner did that as he is young and more into strain types than I am.

As to the question about advice I found here? I did not get much that was usable and most of it was not offered in any sort of a friendly manner. There is a bunch of great information posted here but it takes a long time to read every post to find it. I also have found that there are as many ways to grow pot as there are people doing it. Each person thinks their method is the BEST and yet there seems to be no BEST way to do it, just lots of variations on a theme and you have to roll with what comes your way just like everything else pretty much in life.

I don't think this site has been that encouraging to me but I see lots of newbies getting great responses so perhaps it is just me. A few people here have been cool and say "you go girl" but it seems way more people say "you are going to fucking fail so bad and even seem happy at that thought:-/" There are a handful of people that have reached out and have been very nice but that does not seem to be the norm or at least not in my case. I wish I would have posed my original question differently but in my zealous glee at finally being able to do this all out front and in the open I was not wary enough, did not consider that this was a message board really and just did not even consider that there would be people that were not happy that this was happening for us here in WA state. It still confuses me a bit really....I would have been super excited for someone else in my shoes....but that is me and certainly not the prevailing outlook for most of the people that post here apparently. It is encouraging when I can actually discuss all or really any of this with someone else that grows but for the most part I have not found much engagement here.

I do appreciate the positive comments though and I said I would keep this thread updated so you will be seeing our progress as I can find the time to post it. I still can use all the luck and skill I can gather to bring this all into fruition:)

don't listen to them, i started off in a 10x10 tent for about 2 years, 2k watts 8 plants, and after 6 crops, my state became legal, i paid bunch of friends to get their mmm cards and sign their caretaker forms and next thing you know i jumped into a 124plant operation.... you can do it, you won't fail miserably.... worst case you lose apart of your crop... worst case... just have couple extra hands there at all times to help with pruning and toping the girls, keeping the place clean and most of all to go over all the girls as much as you can. Dont expect to do all that alone or else you probably will miss something bad if it occures. i would check them everyday several times. and on feeding days or really hot days i just checked in a lot too make sure temp was good and the plants are still good from their feedings, remember you can catch a lot of it before damage is done....
Thanks Seamaiden for the link to the dates and I will check out Hortonova too.

I saw Tom Petty and the Black Crowes at the Gorge Amphitheater and it was such a kick ass concert:)

They could not know if it was our weed or not Cap but if they even thought there was a possibility it would raise many red flags and quite frankly after all this work I would prefer there were no flags of any kind waving about us especially with the crazy paranoid Washington Liquor Control Board:-/

So...a few more photos:)
The first load of certified organic compost delivered from 100 miles away.
View attachment 409660

View attachment 409661
Black gold to me:)

View attachment 409662
Panoramic of the flowering room early week 4

View attachment 409663
Lots of Berkeley Blues early week 4

View attachment 409664
This is a small Bubba Kush that we put into flower a week earlier than the rest of our crop in a grow tent to see how it finished out so it is in early week 5....looking pretty nice.

View attachment 409665
Another shot of the Berkeley Blues.....we have about 400 in flower, early week 4.....it is an early finisher so we bulked up on it to have lots of early product.

View attachment 409667
Motivation early week 4.

I imagine there is lots I could have done differently but I am fairly satisfied and it smells so amazing in our flowering room....so many different scents all mingled together....I can't wait for 10:30 each night to turn on the lights:)

you said you had 400 in flower, I've been reading the thread, great one.. if you mind answering my question.. in order to grow 400 plants, are you growing them for your patients, meaning ur their caregiver? or does the harvest need to get sold to dispensaries? everything is legal in my state now and i was looking into getting a license for a dispensary but they only had 18 like u and they were around 300k to 500k all bought by rich fucks... what is your license for IF U don't mind me asking?

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

from itg on facebook regarding the farm 2 days ago.....

Not too many people are concerned with my updates there:-/ I just got tired of so many people telling me how wrong I am doing everything. After someone said growing outside is "dirty" and "unhealthy" and actually meant it......it was just too much and I just had enough. I did what I needed to there, reported how it went for us starting up a business in the new "legal" market. I really do not have the time to argue with folks over there and it just drains my energy:-(( Some nice folks but for the most part just a bunch of ass holes that think they know more about what I am doing than I do so I just quit checking in there. Soon no one will remember me at all there:-) Thanks for the good vibes...we can always use them! Plants are doing stellar and so very healthy. I wish I never have to grow inside again but come October back indoors we will be going until next spring when it is outside once again.

fwiw

inthegorge

inthegorge

Ok Folks.....one last post. Wobbly Goblin messaged me on our facebook page and that is where that post came from, a personal message on facebook, not a public post. I would never have posted that publicly for everyone s information. I really do not post on the facebook page much anymore either because there are lots of medical growers hating on the recreational folks and again....I do not have time for anyone's hate at this point and just find it a waste of everyone's time:-/

W.O.W. Weed is doing great I am happy to report. 1700 plants at the moment and lots and lots and lots of work. They love outdoors and our yield baring any unforeseen incidents should be incredible in the next month or two. We apparently have a number of auto flowering strains that are already almost done flowering and they are just stellar if I do say so myself. The rest are all flowering away and enjoying all the sunshine. We are moving about 500 of the longer flowering varieties inside for 13 hours of darkness and back outside for 11 hours of sunshine on pallets with pallet jacks and they all seem to be loving it, no hermaphrodite tendencies anywhere so I think it is working out OK and hopefully gives these longer flowering varieties plenty of time to fully ripen before our weather turns in October. Still working like a madwoman but down to about 60 hours a week now instead of the 100 plus I was pulling before and that is a relief. Seriously hate the retail aspect of this whole "legal" stuff and cannot believe the prices in the retail shops so one of my partners is going to handle that from now on because it literally makes me physically ill to see how much people are charging. Money is good of course but it really is not why I am doing this and we are looking at moving to the Oregon market place if/when they legalize due to a 50% less state tax and hopefully more reasonable rules and regs for this but that of course remains to be seen.

Went to Hempfest for a day and the CannaCom Convention in Tacoma and I was probably the most popular thing at the convention as it turned out:-) Everywhere I went people came up to me and wanted to shake my hand or give me a hug for helping them get their license or for being supportive and sharing the process that we went through even though I had never met them in person before. It was more than a bit embarrassing really and my husband got tired of it really quick so we only stayed for a little while on the second day and did not go back for the last 2 days at all. I did attend a couple of growing seminars with DJ Short and a few other highly skilled growers, spoke with them in length afterwards, and picked up a lot of great information which I am extremely grateful for. I have been on NPR, Huffington Post, lots of local news broadcasts, newspaper articles, and various radio feeds and one of my partners father saw me on the news in Wisconsin so who knows where all these little bits of soundbites and video all played. We even had a production company in Canada want to do a reality show on us but we declined that dubious honor and I am done with any publicity for the most part because it always seems to come out differently than we expected.

So....for all those haters....sorry....I am still at it, growing how I want to and not failing at least not in any big way. We really have a good picture of growing indoors and now outdoors as well and it has been an incredible process all told. For all those that were supportive thank you so very much because I would not have stayed here 2 weeks without your kind words. This thread was not all about growing weed as it turned out (none of you need my information on that)....it was about how to navigate this crazy "legalized" system the state of WA has put into place.....how to adapt and roll with the punches.....and hopefully how to come out OK through it all which is all I have been trying to do. Anyone that wants to keep in touch, I have posted my email and my facebook page plenty of times and it should not be difficult to do so. I am happy to hear from people that have any interest and anyone is welcome to visit if you are in our neck of the woods.....just let me know:-)

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

I really admire your high road attitude itg. And very happy to see your success. Keep doing what you're doing!

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

Ok Folks.....one last post. Wobbly Goblin messaged me on our facebook page and that is where that post came from, a personal message on facebook, not a public post. I would never have posted that publicly for everyone s information.

just for the record
i found this post via a google search
i'm not a member of facebook and have never posted any comments, pm's, etc.

good to see you are chill chugging along susy

fwiw

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thank you for coming back and updating us! Believe it or not, some people truly have missed you and wish you well. :) I personally am sorry that the haters outweighed the rest of us for you, and you can count me among those who wish you only the best.

Latest posts

Top Bottom