• Thread starter inthegorge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
S
BTW with that space I would be doing trees. Same yields, less work, and if the feds come a knockin no 5 year minimum.

She's in WA starting one of many new large scale commercial grows. She has a 20 k flip flop budget at best and is going to fill the market with 100s of top shelf strains on her first grow, oh second grow.
She knows how to grow but wants to know how to grow. And when gently pushed in the right direction says she didn't fill it. Did I leave anything out? Oh yes she needs to run with caps Bennys (seriously inthegourge anyway you choose to grow use caps packages they will make life better)

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
S

She's in WA starting one of many new large scale commercial grows. She has a 20 k flip flop budget at best and is going to fill the market with 100s of top shelf strains on her first grow, oh second grow.
She knows how to grow but wants to know how to grow. And when gently pushed in the right direction says she didn't fill it. Did I leave anything out? Oh yes she needs to run with caps Bennys (seriously inthegourge anyway you choose to grow use caps packages they will make life better)

I will second the use of my bennies and throw in a shameless plug:

www.ogbiowar.com

:cigar:

inthegorge

inthegorge

Just thought I would stop in with a bit of our progress:-) Soooo much to do and so very little time! Budget is now $65,000. Hopefully it won't go much higher than that but who knows at this point. Luckily we have that much and it is not a hardship for us to manage it at this level thanks to my wonderful partners. Our plans are for just over 2100 sq ft of canopy in SOG to start with in the building with another 200 sq ft for mother/clone room, 70 sq foot quarantine room, 408 sq ft space for drying and packaging, about 300 sq ft for lounge/office and 100' x 100' for outdoor in the summer time(where we will be growing huge ass trees!!!!). I could not be happier:-) We are on track to manage our 8500 healthy clones start up with about 50 different strains for our opening which will be sometime between 2/15 - 3/1 depending on when we get scheduled for an inspection by the liquor control board. I am starting a growers association here in the county we live in and it is great to be able to talk with other people first hand that have the same dream and passion. Not that there have not been issues.....had to fork out $15,000 to rewire much of the building after it took one electrician over a week to figure out the estimate but time is getting crucial so I had to go with a different company that could do the work faster.....the rewiring made the cheap ballasts that I had ordered not a viable option but luckily I was able to cancel the order in time and order digital ballasts for not much more and they will adjust to the 208V power supply that is being rewired just where I need them.......the county commissioners were not going to let us grow outside but we got them to change their decision which is huge for us, 100' x 100' huge.........thought the landlord was going to jack us for more rent for the outside area but he agreed to just let us pay his property tax for the first year in lieu of rent which is a huge plus for us.......now we have to put up an 8ft tall sight blocking fence that will cost over $5000 just for materials....but even with the unknowns it is really coming along and I am beginning to think I might just see light at the end of the tunnel. For our $65,000 investment (and every waking moment of my life for a few months) we expect to see around $200,000 on our first indoor harvest......have to pay 25% off the top to the state for taxes though...leaving us with around $150,000 which will pay back the original investment of $65,000 and still leave us in the black moving forward. That is only the first crop and we expect to have 4 indoor harvests per year for many of our strains and 3 per year indoor of the rest. Then factor in the outdoor grow....we should be able to grow at least 100 plants...even at 7 lbs per plant that is 7000 lbs and with the hot summer weather we have here that is absolutely doable. I know it is not done yet...I know more issues will arise but I think we are on track with a very viable plan and I still am pinching myself every so often because it all just seems too good to be true:-) As we put it all together I will post some before and after pictures of our space. If anyone makes it to a retail shop in WA state after they open them in late May or early June look for our WOW Weed label:-)

Tank333

Tank333

great...another person who knows minimal about growing plans to go big to flood the market with weed.....

its ppl like this who have ruined the market in my area...

Joe, did you even read her posts? She DOESN'T have "minimal" experience growing. She has quite a bit of it. And she is one of over a THOUSAND people who plan on working in the commercial cannabis industry. Sure, the industrialization of cannabis WILL drive down the price, sure. But we all knew that, didn't we?? Quit bitching about "how hard it's become/the market is too flooded" and keep up with the times. Things are changing in our country. There will come a time (very soon) when a pound of the highest quality will sell for less than $500. No longer is it the "gold-rush days" of the 80's and 90's where you got 4k+ per pound and no one cared what pesticides or crap was sprayed on it.

Just like 20 years ago in the fishing indutry in Alaska. It used to be a HUGE derby raceto catch as much as you could. Now, its regulated with quotas and observers on every ship to count the bycatch. And guess what??? We aren't overfishing the ocean anymore!!! Regulations liike this are rarely good for the unscrupulous, but almost always end up being better for both the consumer and the environment.

inthegorge

inthegorge

great...another person who knows minimal about growing plans to go big to flood the market with weed.....

I haven't even harvested a single bud with this new business yet so I am sure I have nothing to do with the "ruined market" in your area or even mine for that matter. The market in WA state has been "ruined" for a number of years due to "medical" grows that puts weed in the hands of basically anyone with money to pay for it instead of as legal medicine for those with a script and I can buy an oz of killer bud for $100 from any number of "medical growers" here before I ever even enter the field. What I have to do with that I cannot imagine.

I assume you would prefer weed to stay illegal so you can have a "market" for your product instead of making it available to anyone at a reasonable price with a big selection, where no one goes to jail for simple possession any more? I didn't make the law but I did vote for legalization here in WA state. Personally I would like to see it legal across the board and anyone could grow it like tomatoes in their back yard. Like tomatoes however there will always be a market for legal weed because not everyone wants to grow their own "tomatoes", not everyone has the time to grow their own and many people will continue to buy their "tomatoes" in the store that other people grow. I will be paying taxes (very high taxes) payroll, and the product will be tested and safe of the best quality I can manage and I personally feel I will be doing the public a service. I for one can't wait to walk into a shop with 60 or 70 varieties to try at a reasonable price hopefully. Here in WA they are not using so called "medical supply" to fill the shops that are slated to open in early June, only legal weed grown by legally permitted growers so we should not see the ridiculously high prices that Colorado saw on their first day of sales and their should be ample supply since they are licensing growers before shops just for that reason.

Snivel if you want but I personally have nothing to do with your area's "ruined market" in any way whatsoever up to this point and I am extremely excited about the opportunities that this new turn in marijuana cultivation offers to anyone that applied for a legal license to grow has in my lovely state:-) Whether I was in the business or not I still support legalization and the ability for anyone to buy safe weed legally at a hopefully reasonable price instead of from unregulated private growers charging exorbitant prices for something just because they can. The writing is on the wall and where goes Colorado and WA state so goes the rest of the nation sooner or later most likely:-)

inthegorge

inthegorge

Joe, did you even read her posts? She DOESN'T have "minimal" experience growing. She has quite a bit of it. And she is one of over a THOUSAND people who plan on working in the commercial cannabis industry. Sure, the industrialization of cannabis WILL drive down the price, sure. But we all knew that, didn't we?? Quit bitching about "how hard it's become/the market is too flooded" and keep up with the times. Things are changing in our country. There will come a time (very soon) when a pound of the highest quality will sell for less than $500. No longer is it the "gold-rush days" of the 80's and 90's where you got 4k+ per pound and no one cared what pesticides or crap was sprayed on it.

Just like 20 years ago in the fishing indutry in Alaska. It used to be a HUGE derby raceto catch as much as you could. Now, its regulated with quotas and observers on every ship to count the bycatch. And guess what??? We aren't overfishing the ocean anymore!!! Regulations liike this are rarely good for the unscrupulous, but almost always end up being better for both the consumer and the environment.

2800 people have applied to legally grow here now Tank and many of them have applied to grow up to 30,000 feet of canopy:-) That is lots and lots of wonderful weed!!!! I cannot wait to see all the different products that come out of this!

Tank333

Tank333

2800 people have applied to legally grow here now Tank and many of them have applied to grow up to 30,000 feet of canopy:-) That is lots and lots of wonderful weed!!!! I cannot wait to see all the different products that come out of this!

Yea, I couldn't remember the exact final number, so I just said "over a thousand" to make sure I wasn't exaggerating to make my point.

Lol. We must have both posted at pretty much exactly the same time! Haha

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

meh...i keep my opinion...if you dont like it, fuck off..or dont reply to it...when i see ppl with a grow this big and asking for info...it shows their lack of experience...

if you guys are ok with an industrial facility pushing out tons of shwag, then be my guest....i dont live in a legal area, medical is even rare....but the market is still fucked by tons of small bangers thinking they can make it big..

and no, the OP wont be affecting my area, and i never said they did, i said that this grower is the same as every other grower who thinks they can take $ and jump into a business they know minimal about...there are tons of ppl like this in my area...and i can always pick em out of a crowd easy enough..

anyone who knows me knows i am all for helping ppl grow their own, and helping ppl sort out problems with their plants, im a master at it...but i cant sit here and condone such an op by a person who knows so little...

inthegorge

inthegorge

meh...i keep my opinion...if you dont like it, fuck off..or dont reply to it...when i see ppl with a grow this big and asking for info...it shows their lack of experience...

if you guys are ok with an industrial facility pushing out tons of shwag, then be my guest....i dont live in a legal area, medical is even rare....but the market is still fucked by tons of small bangers thinking they can make it big..

and no, the OP wont be affecting my area, and i never said they did, i said that this grower is the same as every other grower who thinks they can take $ and jump into a business they know minimal about...there are tons of ppl like this in my area...and i can always pick em out of a crowd easy enough..

anyone who knows me knows i am all for helping ppl grow their own, and helping ppl sort out problems with their plants, im a master at it...but i cant sit here and condone such an op by a person who knows so little...

Actually Joe... you did say ops like this are affecting your area:
but again, it is not me that has done anything affecting your particular area or anyone else's yet for that matter. You also are wrong about me asking for info as I am not asking for any help from anyone here anymore. I found out how that would go the first post I made with all you lovely helpful masters:-) I am doing it on my own and for some silly reason I though maybe there were people here that could be interested in how a large operation like this might turn out. Obviously not you:-) Haters got to hate and you just go right ahead. The proof is in the pudding as they say and we will see i have shwag or dank pudding when all is said and done. I personally am betting on myself as I should be. Why on earth you need to hate on that is beyond me but knock yourself out.....everyone has their opinions. Funny that you feel you should be able to post yours but tell anyone with a different one to
fuck off..or dont reply to it
:-) This is an interesting group of folks here!

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Actually Joe... you did say ops like this are affecting your area: but again, it is not me that has done anything affecting your particular area or anyone else's yet for that matter. You also are wrong about me asking for info as I am not asking for any help from anyone here anymore. I found out how that would go the first post I made with all you lovely helpful masters:) I am doing it on my own and for some silly reason I though maybe there were people here that could be interested in how a large operation like this might turn out. Obviously not you:) Haters got to hate and you just go right ahead. The proof is in the pudding as they say and we will see i have shwag or dank pudding when all is said and done. I personally am betting on myself as I should be. Why on earth you need to hate on that is beyond me but knock yourself out.....everyone has their opinions. Funny that you feel you should be able to post yours but tell anyone with a different one to :) This is an interesting group of folks here!

i dont hate, but i do have my opinion.....i dont care how big the op is, its when i see ppl asking how to set up a grow and grow their weed in an op this big that kinda ticks me in the wrong spot...ive dealt with partners like you before as well.....ppl with $ to invest but dont know what heir doing...sure a closet grow or an out1side grow is one thing, but its nothing like running a 20-30 light flower room...

best advice i can give is start small, like with 2kw and work your way into fine tuning....once you can keep that move to a 10 kw room, then move up after that....

btw your op is not that much bigger than mine, the difference is i workd the last 15 years to get hwere i am with the knowledge i have gained....i worked very hard to learn what iknwo and aquire what i have...i dont see why someone just jumps in the game, with a big investment and thinks they can do the same without putting in the effort from the beginning like i did....

if i own pepsi you think im giving coke some advice on how to be a better cola maker? no they need to learn on their own.

i help the guy/girl who wants to grow their own....i help the mom and pop who need to make ends meat and pay bills...i have tons of knowledge to give out.....but just not in this situation where someone is just looking to jump in the game with big capital with the point of cashing in...

sixstring

sixstring

the market is only ruined if your shwag is on the same level as all the cheap shwag in a given area ;)
I have tons of med growers all around me putting out bunk weed and asking me for there personal smoke while they basically give there stuff away.and I still get exactly what I want for mine and im always on the border of being out of weed lol.up your game and offer something they will seek out over and over and you wont have to worry about any sort of competition.

@inthegorge I was hoping you might toss us a bone here n there and show off the build out once in a while :) either way good luck on this venture,peace

inthegorge

inthegorge

i dont hate, but i do have my opinion.....i dont care how big the op is, its when i see ppl asking how to set up a grow and grow their weed in an op this big that kinda ticks me in the wrong spot...ive dealt with partners like you before as well.....ppl with $ to invest but dont know what heir doing...sure a closet grow or an out1side grow is one thing, but its nothing like running a 20-30 light flower room...

best advice i can give is start small, like with 2kw and work your way into fine tuning....once you can keep that move to a 10 kw room, then move up after that....

btw your op is not that much bigger than mine, the difference is i workd the last 15 years to get hwere i am with the knowledge i have gained....i worked very hard to learn what iknwo and aquire what i have...i dont see why someone just jumps in the game, with a big investment and thinks they can do the same without putting in the effort from the beginning like i did....

if i own pepsi you think im giving coke some advice on how to be a better cola maker? no they need to learn on their own.

i help the guy/girl who wants to grow their own....i help the mom and pop who need to make ends meat and pay bills...i have tons of knowledge to give out.....but just not in this situation where someone is just looking to jump in the game with big capital with the point of cashing in...

Perhaps you only read the parts you want to read but dude...I am not asking you for anything...nothing....nada and I am not asking anyone else for assistance here either! Don't care how you do what you do quite frankly but happy you make it work for you:-) I on the other hand will and am very happy to help or offer advice to anyone that asks me for it. I have started a growers association so we can all draw upon each other here in our local county for help and I am just as happy to help my neighbor grower regardless of the size of their op as I am to help any of my other neighbors in anything I might be able to help them out with. Obviously we see things differently:-) I am not investing much in the way of money...I am investing all my time, energy, experience etc. My 2 friends are investing the cash. Anyway...this is all foolish as who really cares what anyone else thinks of what they are doing anyway? You do what you want to and I will do what I want to:-) I on the other hand do not send any negative energy your way....looks like you have that base covered for the both of us!

Sixstring....as soon as the electrical is done and we have some areas actually set up I will for sure post pictures and will continue to throughout the first crop just so anyone with any interest can see how it works out for us on this scale. For those that don't want to know or have shit to say about it, I believe you can just avoid my posts with relative ease:-) If any of you feel the need to complain to me about what I am doing no problem...I am pretty sure I can handle it! It is a great day for growing cannabis in the state of WA:-)

Tank333

Tank333

Your attitude is awesome! Joe's could use being adjusted, but eh, such is life. There will always be people who are rubbed the wrong way by what you do no matter what. Just can't let their attitude affect you! I say just smokabowl and chillax! Hey, speaking of which, any chance of your warehouse offering tours like a winery gives tours? I know its not allowed for in the laws as they are right now, but maybe in the future do you think the LCB will allow it?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Just thought I would stop in with a bit of our progress:) Soooo much to do and so very little time! Budget is now $65,000. Hopefully it won't go much higher than that but who knows at this point. Luckily we have that much and it is not a hardship for us to manage it at this level thanks to my wonderful partners. Our plans are for just over 2100 sq ft of canopy in SOG to start with in the building with another 200 sq ft for mother/clone room, 70 sq foot quarantine room, 408 sq ft space for drying and packaging, about 300 sq ft for lounge/office and 100' x 100' for outdoor in the summer time(where we will be growing huge ass trees!!!!). I could not be happier:) We are on track to manage our 8500 healthy clones start up with about 50 different strains for our opening which will be sometime between 2/15 - 3/1 depending on when we get scheduled for an inspection by the liquor control board. I am starting a growers association here in the county we live in and it is great to be able to talk with other people first hand that have the same dream and passion. Not that there have not been issues.....had to fork out $15,000 to rewire much of the building after it took one electrician over a week to figure out the estimate but time is getting crucial so I had to go with a different company that could do the work faster.....the rewiring made the cheap ballasts that I had ordered not a viable option but luckily I was able to cancel the order in time and order digital ballasts for not much more and they will adjust to the 208V power supply that is being rewired just where I need them.......the county commissioners were not going to let us grow outside but we got them to change their decision which is huge for us, 100' x 100' huge.........thought the landlord was going to jack us for more rent for the outside area but he agreed to just let us pay his property tax for the first year in lieu of rent which is a huge plus for us.......now we have to put up an 8ft tall sight blocking fence that will cost over $5000 just for materials....but even with the unknowns it is really coming along and I am beginning to think I might just see light at the end of the tunnel. For our $65,000 investment (and every waking moment of my life for a few months) we expect to see around $200,000 on our first indoor harvest......have to pay 25% off the top to the state for taxes though...leaving us with around $150,000 which will pay back the original investment of $65,000 and still leave us in the black moving forward. That is only the first crop and we expect to have 4 indoor harvests per year for many of our strains and 3 per year indoor of the rest. Then factor in the outdoor grow....we should be able to grow at least 100 plants...even at 7 lbs per plant that is 7000 lbs and with the hot summer weather we have here that is absolutely doable. I know it is not done yet...I know more issues will arise but I think we are on track with a very viable plan and I still am pinching myself every so often because it all just seems too good to be true:) As we put it all together I will post some before and after pictures of our space. If anyone makes it to a retail shop in WA state after they open them in late May or early June look for our WOW Weed label:)
100 plants outdoors @ 7lbs a plant is 700 and you won't hit that in WA if your west versus east part of the state, lol
If your math is this on, I expect great things for you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom