Calling All Experts!!

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ecompost

Ecompost

All BS aside guyz and galz. Can I sex a fresh cutting in a glass of water???
I tend to foliar my mums with a treatment of BAS (selenium) or rather Monosilicic acid, but not a synth SSA. I use this in combination with a CaMgO3-, this seems to have quite a dramatic increase in abiotic stress relief since MSA is known to improve the balance of internal plant pH sap, as well as adding to overall leaf thickness and health, improving terps etc, making for a far more resilient plant. You could use only water, but I tend also to soak my plugs in liquid Mycos before planting. Not lost a cut in quite sometime and I also never had a freaked out sex change since either :-)

mancdank

mancdank

I've done this many times and found it flawless..just cut clones off them, tag em'and pop them into a clone machine and set with 12-12, For me they'll show their gender in 7-10 days...and some show gender even before they show roots.

If you choose, let the clones root out fully and use them yourself or gift them out.

just as a side note...I've had great experiences with fem seeds...no herms or weird shit but note that I have only used HSO and Dinafem fem seeds. Some of the reading I did stated that Dinafem does a lot of fem seed production of other breeders regular seeds. Dinafem is a good company IMO.
I also do this method all the time and have found it to be the quickest and least amount of stress all round :) I really can't see why put the donor through un necessary stress we know these lady's like lots of tlc to get the most out of them :)

str8smokn

str8smokn

@jumpincactus sorry I'm late.. But yes you can do like @Medusa said

Jumpimncactus. U can sex in bloom room. As soon as they show sex put back in veg. If they continue cut back. U can do this with the males also. Single leaf is usually from stress BUT normally they will grow out of the single blade. I have only had one continue as a single blade plant was a blk berry kush which is problematic for this. Hope this helps. M.

And or like @kolah said,cut clones tag and set timer for 12/12 . I've been told they almost root faster like this.

But yes I have forced for sex and then put right back in veg ,as long as the genes are good there shouldn't be a problem.
Once they revert back to Veg they should blow up pretty quickly.

Hope it helps..
STR8

Ecompost

Ecompost

U could also put a brown bag over a stem and she would show u sex. Old school sexing. Leave in veg.
I have also heard of people using a sequence of blue light during the normal lights off phase.
440nm and 460nm
This spectrum of DEEP BLUE light can be run throughout the night or during "lights out" to cause plants to show sex without going fully into flower, they will form Pistils only.
DEE Blue spectrum is also used by some growers for a few minutes to two hours after the FAR RED Flower Initiator are turned off to further effect the phytochrome reaction and reduce any stretching by the FAR RED light.
http://growlightsource.com/

Ecompost

Ecompost

U could also put a brown bag over a stem and she would show u sex. Old school sexing. Leave in veg.
I know Rose growers do this to prevent over bleaching black spots on blooms, but typically this is to shorten the day cycle in equatorial locations, never seen this used to sex MJ, interesting

mancdank

mancdank

I know Rose growers do this to prevent over bleaching black spots on blooms, but typically this is to shorten the day cycle in equatorial locations, never seen this used to sex MJ, interesting
Not something I've tried but have defo heard it before

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Jorge Cervantes the grow bible. Teaches this type of sexing for Mj. Like I said old school simple getter done style. I personally like to run the clone of my plants but if your in a hurry sounds like several options M

mancdank

mancdank

Jorge Cervantes the grow bible. Teaches this type of sexing for Mj. Like I said old school simple getter done style. I personally like to run the clone of my plants but if your in a hurry sounds like several options M
That is very possibly where I read it that was the go to place before the days of the Internet if any problems pop up :)

Ecompost

Ecompost

thanks for the ref, i keep meaning to read that book

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My question is this, I still have some super blue actinic bulbs and ballasts from my reef keepin days. Do you know if these are the correct spectrum to achieve blue light sexing method as described????
I've read only a little about this. As you know, actinics are an extremely tight spectrum, 420-430nm only. I personally think you want a bit wider spectrum than that when considering blue light, so my thinking is maybe a 10,000K or 20,000K reef bulb here.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
To give ya a idea on how much I have learned from this book. Anything u find just one bit of knowledge. Is worth it.

Top Bottom