Calling All Fan Experts

• Thread starter burn1down2k
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
burn1down2k

burn1down2k

howdy,

love the site and the legion of growers here. keep rockin!
looking on some recomendations on fans.

1) two HPS 1000w with 6" air cooled hoods. Anyone know the recommended CFM for cooling two lights like that? The 6" insulated ducting would be no more that 12-14 feet in length. I got my eye on the 6" hyperfan(315 cfm) or the vortex s series s600 (347 cfm). The vortex rocks a built in damper and should run quieter, while the hyperfan would be more genergy efficient and has an integrated speed controller. Better price on the vortex assuming i dont need a speed control.

2) Active grow area of 4 x 8 x 7 = 224 CFM. Need to rock a carbon filter on top on whatever fan i choose. Considering again going with a 6" hyperfan but concerned it would be underpowered. Also thinking again of the s-vortex ut again not sure if the 347 CFM would be enough. I dont ever anticipate rocking any more active grow area then i have described. Also in the running is the Vortex vtx600 (452 cfm). Now with this fan i will want to be changing speeds. Hyperfan has integrated speed control while vortex does not. Its my understanding i would need a speed Variac and not a Triac speed controller.So my final choice is to rock a 8" Hyperfan with integrated speed control with a heavy 710 CFM. Now bumping up to the 8" is a pain, as the 8" insulated ducting is harder to find and so are the vents. It has been suggested to me to rock a 8" to 6" reducer from the 8" hyperfan, put it to a 6" carbon filter, with 6" ducting. Or should i just it up, find the 8" ducting and by the expensive 8" filter.

3) my intake would be the 6" hyperfan.

Thoughts?

burn1down2k

burn1down2k

Get dial downs and set them to certain times if u don't need it all the time

thanks but am i thinking overkill with the 8inch? i figured i could dial it down if necessary. the calcs on the 224 plus carbon would point to a 280 CFM.. but thats pretty tight to the 315 hyper fan.

Top Bottom