Calling All Window Shaker Ac Users

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

156??? Got damn. I just got a couple scar ddx 12s on about 1500rms. North* bat. Just a daily lol. Ported, box came from shop but not sure if prefab. Wanna go custom.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I did all the work myself. I had 1000.00 in 0ga wire alone. All my.pics and vids are on my laptop. Maybe I'll dig it out and post some pics. Make a car audio thread and we can whore it up in there. The sub had to be built, was 69lbs and could shake a new 20oz pop bottle right out my cup holder

My record is 161, but I had to redo the run as the termlab Mic broke free from my windshield during a test. Lol

visajoe1

visajoe1

I miss my system, I dont even remember what I had, it was just fun to mess with it. Car audio came up in another random thread a while back and this dude mentions Ground Zero subs. Holy cow! They got 15's and 18's taking 15k SPL and a 33 that handles 15k RMS. Insane

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Still dialing in things. This particular unit will NOT work on my master green house controller nor a new controller I just used for a.c. hookup. it keeps tripping the controller off. The ac unit has an auto restart in case power goes out like the control simulates, but isn't working out. I really wanted my controller to dictate temps, not the a.c. unit. I run different temps day and night and temps per week.

O

OGIBar

Calling all window shaker a.c. users to chime in here. I'm looking to replace.my 14k portable with a 14k window shaker unit. I have a couple questions for those who have missed one for indoor use that have fabbd up an exhaust box for the unit.

1 how do you collect the water runoff when boxing it in?

2 when installed in a normal window application (house), does a window shaker cause a neg air pressure in the room, or can this be used in a sealed room with out any neg or positive pressure issues?

I plan on I stalling this unit in my room. Only having the front of the unit in the room, fabbing up a box for the back half for the exhaust to exit my building.

Thanks for the help. If it works like I think it does. I'll swap my portable for this window shaker and now the back/exhaust. I'll also post up the diy and everything that goes with it.

@CannabisJohn

View attachment 699510
I have a 4x4 grow tent inside a toughshed. T5 4ft x8 bulb light. Inside the tent was getting too hot. I have an 8k unit and put it in the wall of the shed then I made a plenum for the output area out of cardboard. Ran a duct to the inside of the tent. I use an inkbird controller to monitor the temp inside the tent. Works awsome. I also use a4" inline fan to pull the hot air off the lamp.
Overnight was getting a tad cold so I run a heater inside the shed up against an air inlet tube. Pulls 80 air in and out. Pretty stable temps all day and night now. I'm in so cal so we are at time pretty warm and cooler over night.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I think No have the power issue figured out. Still need a few days to get the diy up. Been slammed and now its a holiday.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I got it all sorted out, power wise. I removed the window unit as I deemed it unsafe. I need to upgrade my exhaust from a 6" to an 8", upgrade my exhaust fan from 6 to 8", and build the exhaust box 2x larger. So it's been shelved for a bit.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

165*at the 90* I had. If I used a bigger 8" 720 cfm fan and a much larger no, I'm sure it will work fine. Being it a 15k but unit, it needs a much larger exhaust area to work properly imo.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

wow only 165 I would of thought way way hotter im trying to think of a way test the psi that is building up and being pushed out the back

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Can only guess unless you have the tech specs. More exhaust air flow is better than restricting it.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Inline booster fans are a joke. I bet my wife blows more hot air than a booster fan could do any day. HO fans only for this purpose, and on a speed controller.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

What size a.c. are you running? I was told my 15k unit needs about 700cfm helper fan. This will go up or down depending on how long ducting is, and what size the exhaust box is. Both restrict exhaust air greatly.

Top Bottom