Calling Out The Organic Growing Machines

• Thread starter oldskol4evr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

What are you making dude?
It's biochar. I mix it with compost to charge it. This would just basically go in my soil mix as humus source, compost and all. It acts as biochar/additional aeration. I let it sit for at least 2 or 3 weeks before using it. Gives the compost a chance to balance any ph fluctuation and it would actually load excess potassium into the char itself.

You can rinse the ash off if you want or as I said watch it and only fill about 3" high. Stirring occasionally and then misting with water once it has charred. I'm just lazy and I don't mind the ash as it brings potassium load into my char.

Microbes really love the stuff. You just need to let them eat.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

20171202 164713

Organikz

Organikz

@Ecompost
What are your thoughts on a home made green cleaner like solution like saymm

Per quart warm water

1TBS aloe cold pressed organic of course
1 tsp canola oil
1/4 tsp limonene
10 drops lavender essential oil
10 drops rosemary essential oil
1/2 tsp alcohol 91%

I used this and man my plants loved it and it just eats flyers up. Lights off of course....

Ecompost

Ecompost

@Ecompost
What are your thoughts on a home made green cleaner like solution like saymm

Per quart warm water

1TBS aloe cold pressed organic of course
1 tsp canola oil
1/4 tsp limonene
10 drops lavender essential oil
10 drops rosemary essential oil
1/2 tsp alcohol 91%

I used this and man my plants loved it and it just eats flyers up. Lights off of course....
I use things similar to this, taken from plants I grow, multiple worts, jasmine, lemon grass, garlic, fennel, ginger, cinnamon, lavender, thyme,. i use lots of local plants, i dont know the names in English, herbs mostly.
This area used to be very wealthy, now its very poor but for a few families. What this change did is produce innovation among the local farmers. without money, they made decoctions and concoctions to combat local pests. From these folks i have quickly gained access to what uses people have for typical plants here.
Most communities have folk lore remedies for human health concerns, these more often than not can be used on our plants also. In fact, they are the basis of modern pharma too, although these robbing wankers would never admit this much.
many of the properties of Chinese herbal medicines and so on, are mimicked among local communities esp natives, across the world, using local substitutes and so on. The properties of ginger to produce heat energy to re balance chi, can be applied to plants to overcome many of the problems we share. EG cold defense, fever and infection, typically bought about by environmental changes, such as wind and temps are not only our problems, but also a problem for the plants we love.

i have for sometime used manuka honey as a wound dressing, both for me and for my plants. far from attracting bugs, it does seem to help open wounds heal faster and prevent mold etc. I also use a salve of comfrey roots, in coconut oil. this I make early in the year by sacrificing some plants. it can not be applied to open wounds, but it can be used to reduce swelling, heal scabbed wounds faster, control spots and insect bites and related itching, reduce muscle pain and bone related pains, at least for me and few people we have tested it with. i am considering using this on my plants also as a stem protector paint. I get a bug here in May that bores into the stems and rots plants out in double quick time. Netting lots of plants can be labor intensive, i was looking at faster ways to control the problem. It literally hangs about for 3 weeks then the problems is something else, less terminal and easier to control with OHN and FPJ

Ecompost

Ecompost

i will check it later,right now ,got that sweating face melt going on ,jaming to some floyd,,
you would need a soil with an Organic Matter content of 5% or above, and with abundant CO2 respiration to out perform the natural cycle. when growing plants in high production systems, it is likely we would need to work extremely hard to maintain a 5% average indoors without adding something. Although of course adding too much N is fatal for systems too.

i urge all of you to consider CO2 soil testing as a priority, to help understand if there is enough life happening to full fill the dream

Latest posts

Top Bottom