Calling Out The Organic Growing Machines

• Thread starter oldskol4evr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

so far this is my fav quote from sessions:

" “Good people don’t smoke marijuana,” he said in 2016"

hah, like a plant will make a person good or bad.. what kidn of logic is that.
im thinking if all of them smoked we could get some shit done in this country and they could all get along,at the very least they would be happy enough to forget about who lining there pockets,,my crazy ass has this thought,screw dem and rep take that shit away and ask the people,then vote,look at monies blown away for congressional hearings and shit,millions of dollars wasted,they find guilt and not a day in the joint,if you dig,america is all about survey this and that right,survey what the folk want then vote,if the adverage joe really believes in what he bitch about,what is a few hours couple time a week to vote on what you believe in,i like my life ,i dont give shit about race and color,i care about waking to beautiful day and do my thang,i stay within the law,in my eyes weed is even in the law,it is just a scape goat for a distraction of what really is happening,,my world is 2.5 acres of working land,,im simple as can be,also dont buy the lost mind so i go to crazy house instead of the joint shit,even in the worst state of mind,shell shock or whatever,human body nos right from wrong by feeling,so i was beat as a kid,hooked on drugs,born a bad seed that shit dont fly wit me,hahahah

Ecompost

Ecompost

Awesome, thanks for the links!

Yeah, it looked pretty serious, just didn't know what to look for.
Btw, I read Teaming with Microbes after reading a recomendation by you to another member here. Thanks for the rec.
you are welcome, its a good entry level book, the series isnt a bad one, i was a little disappointed about teaming with fungus but otherwise.
if you want a really great book for growing organically, i also recommend The ABC of Organic Agriculture - phosphites and stone meal by my good friend Jairo Restrepo Rivera :-)

Ecompost

Ecompost

@encompost
Did you mention that after you harvest you don't replant in the same bed for 4 wks?
no buddy, i just use my media like a cheap hooker, on it all the time growing, no rest. I maintain humus, this is the art to maintaining fertility for the long term.
I use raw and liquid organics and inoculates to replace missing growth/ health elements as needed

Ecompost

Ecompost

I’m covercroping with clover due to its benifits.
I’ve been looking at Corsican mint.
Other than tea,
Does mint have any benifits as a companion plant??
yeah its cool, some good microbes and it tends to be resilient against pests (aphids and so on), perhaps the strong smell, we use Moroccan mint here (less prone to bolting) but yes, I do tend to find you have to cut mint before harvest as it otherwise can bolt mid sun, but its perennial if you are using no till, its flowers do or can attract butterflies, but these tend to be feeding not laying, still something to think about.
I use Mint to companion plant lots of veggies mate, esp because its good insect repellent for aphids and those pesky flea bettles etc

GreenHawk

GreenHawk

they are on the ground mate, there is 12ft of soil profile to bed r
you are welcome, its a good entry level book, the series isnt a bad one, i was a little disappointed about teaming with fungus but otherwise.
if you want a really great book for growing organically, i also recommend The ABC of Organic Agriculture - phosphites and stone meal by my good friend Jairo Restrepo Rivera :)
Do you have a link to a site that I can buy your friends book? The only place I have found only sells in the UK.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

my mate has put things like Chicory and perennial rye grasses in to an area where he had 10inches of top soil, we dug out a test pit, you could see the rye roots and chicory busting down in to the bedrock
problem lay with moisture and animals hahah,i got a oak tree growing from a rock,they cut it down and off a second floor deck,bank wouldnt give the loan cause it wasnt considered safe,,down it went,poor damn tree ,got one limb coming from trunk about 8 in round,right in the middle were 2 limbs grew together is a romex cable and a electrical recpticul in the middle,son wanted to finish it off,told him hell no look at the history of this tree and still alive,i threw a picture up on someone thread week or so ago,but it growing from a rock and in the hay day was almost 4ft round ,seems lightning might have struck it splitting it

Top Bottom