camag+ vs. molasses and epsom salt

• Thread starter E.T.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Vermiculite is way too hazardous for my health to use for any reason, and i deal with perlite with much respect and clean lung mentality. However, natural is not always better, and considering the state of the US Peanut industry i would read this link before considering the peanut hull option...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3760459
Good information, I assume peanuts are regularly treated with this stuff? I don't know much about the rice farming, either, to be honest, but being not too terribly far from our Central Valley rice farms it might not be too difficult to find out. Peanuts were suggested to me shortly after I made the switch to rice hulls by a Southerner as an option for those who can't find rice hulls.

Someone asked earlier somewhere about sourcing, I use animal bedding. Yes, it sprouts, but it's all I have available locally.

So... I have a big-ass bag of vermiculite sitting in my garage, been there for two or three years now, and I can't seem to even give it away.

zigzagtop

zigzagtop

You know, what works for somebody else might not work for another person who lives in a different geographic location. There was a time when all's anybody used was fish guts and 10-54-10 to help trick them into bud. Now, it's damn near rocket science.

Top Bottom