Can’t Id This Problem - Or Is It 2 Distinct Issues?

• Thread starter GrowVT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrowVT

Hey folks. This is my first post and my first grow. This brown blotch and very localized small white speckles on one of my two plants. Can anyone help me identify what’s going on?

Cant id this problem   or is it 2 distinct issues
Cant id this problem   or is it 2 distinct issues 2
NHWhites

NHWhites

The white spots are thrip damage I believe. The brown spot could be a calcium deficiency

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Might be rust fungus (can't say for certain) but you definitely have bug damage... might be spider mites. You temps are way to high assuming your not using Co2 and even then.

G

GrowVT

Not sure if it’s related or not but my house is surrounded by these little bastards… I don’t know what they are either

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would identify what the pest is before treating it with anything. Take a look under a scope and see if you can identify 60x-100x. The only thing I can say for certain is the white spots are bug damage.

Reactions: Ina
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

78 deg is “way” too high?
are you kidding me,78 is to high,shit i been running a 85 degree tent 2 runs and fixing to flower another bunch,no ac just forced air,think about this a minute,outside were the sun is,sun is in the tent just plug it in,outside were it dont seem like the wind ever blows,plug in the osc fan exhaust and filter ,intake and filter,tent with forced air is the same as outdoors

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

are you kidding me,78 is to high,shit i been running a 85 degree tent 2 runs and fixing to flower another bunch,no ac just forced air,think about this a minute,outside were the sun is,sun is in the tent just plug it in,outside were it dont seem like the wind ever blows,plug in the osc fan exhaust and filter ,intake and filter,tent with forced air is the same as outdoors
He was responding to my post. When i said his temps were way to high. It looked like it was at 89 because of the flash.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

He was responding to my post. When i said his temps were way to high. It looked like it was at 89 because of the flash.
i realize that,i been 90 degrees last 2 days in my tent,guess you misunderstood what i was trying to say,that is you are mimic temps and conditions of outside and they grow in that sun with no ac or fans,just blistering heat and sun,all the magic happens in the pot or ground,great structure of soil is it,yes you gonna loose leaves there gonna droop ,shit you should see me around noon in these triple digits,all that is part of pruning itself and the weak dont survive,i grew 3 outdoors last year,and triple digits here are 3 to 4 months long,even grew right threw hurricane harvey,i think we just spoiled to things we can buy that so called makes it better,im not trying to disrespect nobody ,but freaked me out when said 89 ,i been growing since 74 and without any man made items per say,cause im broke dick ,just wanted to state the fact,mother nature does her thang regaurdless of perfect conditions,so dont take it as a respect thing but take it as lot of folk dont waste cash on something that can grow out of a rock is all

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i realize that,i been 90 degrees last 2 days in my tent,guess you misunderstood what i was trying to say,that is you are mimic temps and conditions of outside and they grow in that sun with no ac or fans,just blistering heat and sun,all the magic happens in the pot or ground,great structure of soil is it,yes you gonna loose leaves there gonna droop ,shit you should see me around noon in these triple digits,all that is part of pruning itself and the weak dont survive,i grew 3 outdoors last year,and triple digits here are 3 to 4 months long,even grew right threw hurricane harvey,i think we just spoiled to things we can buy that so called makes it better,im not trying to disrespect nobody ,but freaked me out when said 89 ,i been growing since 74 and without any man made items per say,cause im broke dick ,just wanted to state the fact,mother nature does her thang regaurdless of perfect conditions,so dont take it as a respect thing but take it as lot of folk dont waste cash on something that can grow out of a rock is all
I agree we tend to baby anything we try to replicate. Ideal is just that and it rarely happens in nature. You could absolutely do 90F in a tent but the plant becomes more prone to issues contributed by other influences. If you have less than adequate airflow, lower humidity, and if your light is putting out IR/UV you will have a dead plant. Its not really the room temp that's an issue its the leaf temp. But you have good flow, proper humidity and low UV/IR lighting the plant can thrive.

G

GrowVT

Back to the issue. I took a couple of small cuttings and was able to view them under 60X. I don’t see any insects. The spots are a lighter color green but it does look like there’s a VERY little bit of leaf damage. The brown blotch also doesn’t show any signs of insects or physical leaf damage. I did also find a couple of what look like very short (an inch or two) fibers (web?)?

Is there a recommended treatment?

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Hey folks. This is my first post and my first grow. This brown blotch and very localized small white speckles on one of my two plants. Can anyone help me identify what’s going on?
That one lone brown spot is most likely where you got nute water drop on that leaf, since its the only spot. Happens.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Back to the issue. I took a couple of small cuttings and was able to view them under 60X. I don’t see any insects. The spots are a lighter color green but it does look like there’s a VERY little bit of leaf damage. The brown blotch also doesn’t show any signs of insects or physical leaf damage. I did also find a couple of what look like very short (an inch or two) fibers (web?)?

Is there a recommended treatment?

I have never treated spider mites so i can't comment on the best treatment at this stage but I can say its very early and that will give you more options. After reading about all the bug problems ppl have growing I have taken to finding leaf problems outside on surrounding plants to help me learn about bug signs, causes and types. That as far as I am.

G

GrowVT

Thanks AquaMan. I know Neem oil is a mutiweek effort - just wondering if there’s somethingelse I should do in the meantime. Is there a holistic approach?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks AquaMan. I know Neem oil is a mutiweek effort - just wondering if there’s somethingelse I should do in the meantime. Is there a holistic approach?
I have heard lady bugs. No idea if it works but they are predatory insects

NHWhites

NHWhites

Spinosad for thrips, neem for aphids. Rotate each every other day for a week to disrupt their life cycle. You should do a weekly preventative treatment after the critters are under control since you know the bugs are around you

M

MamaBear

Check around your property, look for small jumping spiders. Catch them and drop them on your plants. They'll take care of things for you.

Top Bottom