Can a 4 week old flowering girl be cloned?

• Thread starter AMG63
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AMG63

lost my clones for the first time :(

can i clone from my healthy girls in flower? if so any tips?

thanks

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

It's not the best idea but sometimes u got 2 do what u got 2 do.. I've did it b4 & it took longer the normal but it worked & I kept my killer strain. I Took a Lil clone with a bud on it & within a few weeks I got roots & new leafs growing out the top of the Lil bud..

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Clone away dude, ive done it several times they do take a lil longer to root and whenthe grow out they branch out funny but other than that its the same as taking clones from a veggin plant.

Confu

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

I have taken clones at wk 7 just because someone working for me flipped some of the moms we had... It would have been fine if he had taken cuts and started new ones! But long story short, we found out that we didn't have it backed up so I took cuts and they all rooted no problem... Just took a while to reveg after that but it was all good!

Just make sure to take as much of the flower off as you can below the top of the cut... I take them and they look like a small nug on top of a stem with a leaf or two coming out...

A

AMG63

Thanks everyone, last night I took some of the biggest clones i have ever seen (smallest steams I could find) and got them going so have my fingers crossed.

So normally I am 10~14 days now I expect this conversion will add a week or two?

Anybody have any luck with these pre-made Gel rooting pots with the UV treated clear base?

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

What are you talking about pre-made gel rooting pots? Like rapid rooters?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I've seen those at my local store but never tried them out.. They look super kool.. U should give a few a try

K

kushsmoker30

nope here's one link for them:
dam might b wat i need i can't bust a root 4 shit n depending on people has been a let down every time, might b worth the extra money in my case

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Lee Valley has some cool stuff I buy from them all the time. Those gell pots will work well they are just expensive $2.33 each. Peat pots Jiffy 7's

K

kushsmoker30

yess b
yess butt small yeald ...pony

how bout a plant thats been revegged after harvest that had cuts taken after 5-7 finger leaves revegged , would those revegged cuts yield less then the mom did b4 revegging?

R

Right Wino

Yeah can be done. Just watch out with the hermies what with the light schedule changing.

sun

sun

This can be done in a pinch .It could be less than ideal , with a not fully reveged clone some say that this can cause genetic drift .It will start growing funny looking single bladed leaves , but don't worry it will come back normal looking .Give her N after she's rooted + 24 hours light to encourage veg.

the rrock

the rrock

lost my clones for the first time :(

can i clone from my healthy girls in flower? if so any tips?

thanks
have alot of patience and take extras as in my experience,some will come out retarded but will eventually turn into a normal healthy plant

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

All great advice and all true basically some of em work out and some don't some mutate and mutate back and some don't I happen to have done this and recorded the results in gas lantern veg thread if you want pics of examples of success and some of what some would define as failure let me know and ill take some pics for ya I am flower a couple that reveged fine and are flowering week one after a month and a half to root and reveg

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

That was a cutting from inner bottom of plant tops were flowering heavy and bottoms and inners were about a week or so behind not flowering as much ya dig

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Down there behind in the tray you can spot some bugs that all rooted the same all phenos reveged differently peace

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Bottom line is you can to save your genetics but if you don't want to save them then let em die in here to tell you can and if you want to see my small yield follow the diminishing light flower schedule and see play by play pic by pic of what some define as small yield but I saved and have clones of a tent of genetics that I don't have to find through seed again... I'm out peace and great journeys in fining your keepers

Top Bottom