Can a 600w or 1000w hps keep a grow room warm?

• Thread starter DazedNconfussed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sedate

sedate

Rolln J said:
nope the oil filled radiation heater is the safest electric heater ever - they make them water filled now as well but water dont stay hot as long as oil.

something like this...

Ahh - "oil filled" didn't mean "oil fueled" - whoops.

But yea - with the temp setting that should be an ideal unit to use.

Oil also doesn't expand and boil like water - so they can use the same stuff in new concentrated solar thermal arrays - save the planet!

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
nope the oil filled radiation heater is the safest electric heater ever - they make them water filled now as well but water dont stay hot as long as oil.

something like this...
5336-4b.jpg

5336-7b.jpg

These things are perfect for a grow room, use one in mine during the winter. Safe, cheap, effective, can't ask for more than that.

jj

M

mountaindank

Those things are great RollnJ, I don't need one for my grow but I use one in my living room.

D

DazedNconfussed

yeah, i do have a nice oil heater with a thermostat....and on its hottest setting you can still touch it and not get burnt.....and I will forget about using the dryer vent hose, I didnt think about how it could raise the humidity big time.......

If I actualy have to worry about it being to warm in there I will be happy....I will gladly install a nice ventalation system.....thanks for the advice everyone....

Top Bottom