Can a pollinated female pollinate other females?

• Thread starter SlyBoy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SlyBoy420

So I recently realized this 4 ft fairly thick fem plant I had turned Hermie on me an towards the bottom of the plant I noticed a few pollen pods two of which had opened so I removed the plant gently as possible an threw it in the river for disposal.
I've got another 20 or so plants in my garden ranging from multiple sizes all basically showing signs of being female and haven't found any other signs of male/Hermie traits on any other plants in the last 3 days nor signs that any females have been pollinated yet.
What I'm curious about is if I've managed to remove all of the other male/Hermie plants would it be possible down the road for a female plant that did happen to get pollinated to by chance pollinate my other females that are doin just fine. Like I realize that I'f any pollen happens to remain on the pollinated plant it def could happen but I'm more curious if it still could affect the other females if that original Hermie pollen has had time to dissapate. I'm praying I don't lose all my hard work really sucks I let those few pods slip past me. Thank you for any and all information everyone

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
So I recently realized this 4 ft fairly thick fem plant I had turned Hermie on me an towards the bottom of the plant I noticed a few pollen pods two of which had opened so I removed the plant gently as possible an threw it in the river for disposal.
I've got another 20 or so plants in my garden ranging from multiple sizes all basically showing signs of being female and haven't found any other signs of male/Hermie traits on any other plants in the last 3 days nor signs that any females have been pollinated yet.
What I'm curious about is if I've managed to remove all of the other male/Hermie plants would it be possible down the road for a female plant that did happen to get pollinated to by chance pollinate my other females that are doin just fine. Like I realize that I'f any pollen happens to remain on the pollinated plant it def could happen but I'm more curious if it still could affect the other females if that original Hermie pollen has had time to dissapate. I'm praying I don't lose all my hard work really sucks I let those few pods slip past me. Thank you for any and all information everyone
Unfortunately, yes. But just keep your eyes peeled.

Top Bottom