Can anybody help diagnose problem ?

• Thread starter Jonnypierce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Hi can anybody help me out please I've got 8 critical mass plants at 31 days from flip and the top leaves seem all funny and deformed to me or is it normal any advice/help is much appreciated lights are 600 w hps 16 - 18 inch away with no more space to raise them 🤷‍♂️

Can anybody help diagnose problem
Can anybody help diagnose problem 2
Can anybody help diagnose problem 3
Can anybody help diagnose problem 4
Can anybody help diagnose problem 5
Can anybody help diagnose problem 6
Can anybody help diagnose problem 7
Can anybody help diagnose problem 8
Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Hiya pal thanks for your input, there should be no light leeks my tent is in the cellar and they are on a timer 12/12🤷‍♂️

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

There looks to be 2 possible problems.
#1. the light is too close
But the one I am seeing and I would worry the most about is the single bladed leaves. It looks like the plant is revegging. If you can check for light leaks do so.
Also what can I do about it ?

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

You need to make darn sure the lights are not coming on when they are suppose to be out and certain there is not a light leak, as far as distance from the HPS light. I would try for say 24" to the top
Hiya pal, there's definitely no light leaks in there, I've just been in and it's pitch black

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Is there any equipment in the tent with indicator lights, humidifier, heater, fans?? it does look like its trying to veg again.
Thanks pal My heater has a little red light on it that I noticed this morning I've put tape over it

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks pal My heater has a little red light on it that I noticed this morning I've put tape over it
The heater, does it have a glowing element? You need heat that doesn't put out a glow. Like a radiator, The indicator light could make it hermie but to partially reveg like that I think you have more light than just the indicator in your tent....A glowing heater might not give them enough dark.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

The heater, does it have a glowing element? You need heat that doesn't put out a glow. Like a radiator, The indicator light could make it hermie but to partially reveg like that I think you have more light than just the indicator in your tent....A glowing heater might not give them enough dark.
No bro it's a fan heater just has a red indicator light on it, I did think that wouldn't be enough I've been in there today and that is the only light in there, do you think it could be a heat issue ? I'm running 3 660 w hps lights in there at the moment but I've 2 thermometers in there and it hits like 30 degrees but not higher

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

I'm thinking about maybe turning down the lights to 400 w ?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
No bro it's a fan heater just has a red indicator light on it, I did think that wouldn't be enough I've been in there today and that is the only light in there, do you think it could be a heat issue ? I'm running 3 660 w hps lights in there at the moment but I've 2 thermometers in there and it hits like 30 degrees but not higher
Not heat related but a fan heater? it has an element in it that glows red when hot and the fan blows the air....right?.....Just asking man, those indicator lights can be bad, I had one on a dehu that fked up an entire grow...they don't like extra light.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Not heat related but a fan heater? it has an element in it that glows red when hot and the fan blows the air....right?.....Just asking man, those indicator lights can be bad, I had one on a dehu that fked up an entire grow...they don't like extra light.
Bro the heater does not glow red, the heater I have is the one in the picture and I'm stood next to it now and it's on, the only thing that is glowing red is that little red light that indicates its on, but its also vented on the back so the red light shines all the way through and now I look at it in the dark is does seem to be giving off a fair bit of light do you think that could be the problem ?

Screenshot 20220208 161158 Chrome
Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

What PAR value are the plants getting?
Hiya pal I can't tell you right now but once lights come on at 9 I'll give you a proper reading, according to the app on my phone everything was okay on that front last time I took one

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Bro the heater does not glow red, the heater I have is the one in the picture and I'm stood next to it now and it's on, the only thing that is glowing red is that little red light that indicates its on, but its also vented on the back so the red light shines all the way through and now I look at it in the dark is does seem to be giving off a fair bit of light do you think that could be the problem ?
Yes, If it never gets dark then thats why you have single leaves out of your buds like that, they are elongated and I'd bet fairly wispy ( light airy ) You may end up with seeds as well....Welcome to the club😃 we've all done it.....Not sure what you can do at this point.....cut out the light and see how it goes...I can see crystals so alls not lost.....GL😀😀

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That's how much it glows when lights are off, more light comes out of the back
Yep, that's what I thought...you've had twilight since you've had the heater on....I bought this one 3 weeks ago

Top Bottom