Can anyone diagnose this problem?

• Thread starter ironside
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

By uppotted do you mean to a bigger pot?
I was instructed to start feeding around 3 weeks. I saw the spots and used minimal feed to see if it improved the condition of the leaves.
Yes bigger pot with different soil and perlite - and if you fed cal mag you could make it worse

ironside

ironside

Yes bigger pot with different soil and perlite - and if you fed cal mag you could make it worse

Thanks.
My pots are big, bigger than most that I've seen.
If I was to transplant would it not stress the plant?
It's an auto and I have read before that it can't be detrimental to transplant which is why I planted in a large pot to begin with.

Moshmen

Moshmen

What size are these pots? They looks considerably smaller than what I am using
Yes they are small - bigger pots with good soil and drainage are more forgiving I would use a 3-5 gallon . The ones you see are much bigger than solo cup much more work and less forgiving

ironside

ironside

Yes they are small - bigger pots with good soil and drainage are more forgiving I would use a 3-5 gallon . The ones you see are much bigger than solo cup much more work and less forgiving

My pot takes up half of my surface space in my tent

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thanks.
My pots are big, bigger than most that I've seen.
If I was to transplant would it not stress the plant?
It's an auto and I have read before that it can't be detrimental to transplant which is why I planted in a large pot to begin with.
I transplant my autos 2 times and pull between 2-3 ounce dried I’m sure I could go bigger but I have no need - repotting ur plant in better soil with drainage/perlite will make a big difference in the ease of your grow

my suggestion is try what you think is right and you will see the results ! If it’s not what ya expected try something else next time

But that seed starter soil will be more difficult to keep in the growin parameters.

keep us posted with what ya decide

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I would cut out about 6 inches around the plant and maybe 8 inches deep. Re-pot with good soil like ocean forest and add some perlite. That cheap stuff from supply stores doesn't work very good for small plants indoors IMO.

Don't worry about slightly stressing the plant by re-potting. It will be more detrimental if you leave it how it is.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

I use mother earths 70/30 coco perlite at 3gal pots and germ and finish in them with no problem and never transplant or anything and these are with auto flowers well one was of them was a “fast” flower but still, and I use tap water as well and following a good ppm ph feeding schedule and have had fine success.

ironside

ironside

I use mother earths 70/30 coco perlite at 3gal pots and germ and finish in them with no problem and never transplant or anything and these are with auto flowers well one was of them was a “fast” flower but still, and I use tap water as well and following a good ppm ph feeding schedule and have had fine success.

This doesn't seem to be widely available in the UK from what I can see on Google.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

This doesn't seem to be widely available in the UK from what I can see on Google.
Well that’s just the general thing I use, if I wanted to be fancy could just coco and perlite bricks and mix and etc but I’m lazy, their are other brands that are close to the same thing. But that’s just me I like coco perlite medium, just the watering frequency sucks lol

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
a 10" pot is normally 3 gallons, ideally you would want to start small and gradually get to final pot. so a solo cup, then 1 gal then the 3 gal for the end. unless it is an auto!

is that the only spotty leaf? or are there more?

what strain is it?

ironside

ironside

a 10" pot is normally 3 gallons, ideally you would want to start small and gradually get to final pot. so a solo cup, then 1 gal then the 3 gal for the end. unless it is an auto!

is that the only spotty leaf? or are there more?

what strain is it?
That is the only spotty leaf yes.
I know that's normally the process with regular seeds however I've always been told to start in the final pot with autos as transplanting causes them stress and auto's don't so too well with that.
I could be wrong and information I've got could be wrong but I've done all my autos in the final pot.
The strain is dinafem XXL auto

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
well, with only one like that, it looks sort of like when i sprayed mine and the light burned where the water drops were. no idea about anything, but just saying it looks like that to me, and i would think if it is some deficiency it would be on more leaves than one... but i know nothing and have just started my first grow... another hint for me to say that is that on mine, the leaves curled up a tad on the very edges and that turned out to be the light too close and not dimmed enough for their age and place. but once again, i know nothing, just relating my one experience... id listen to the farmers here, they tend to know their stuff!

Top Bottom