Can anyone explain the science of curing?

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I'm harvesting today or tomorrow so if anyone want's me to do some experiments I'd be happy to. One that I'm doing is wet vs dry trimming but I could do another too.

growsince79

growsince79

I'm harvesting today or tomorrow so if anyone want's me to do some experiments I'd be happy to. One that I'm doing is wet vs dry trimming but I could do another too.
Try putting a couple branches in a vase for a couple days. Tag them so you can compare flavor in a few weeks

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Nonsense. My bud, 100% of the time regardless of strain, goes from tasting generic, hashy, sweet and sugary, to tasting distinct and sour. Those sour flavors aren't hiding out. They have to be created. Via curing. Not a myth. That fresh period sweetness doesn't evaporate lol, it's been converted. It's a chemical process.

Actually I forget, hydroponic is different. It doesn't create flavor, it just smells like early veg terpenes,and it's a battle to preserve them lame potpourri smells over the fungicides, 2000ppm of Botanicare, etc. .

100% chance that cure deniers work for mersh producers. I'm steady breaking fatty acids down into thiols and starches into alcohols, day by day, while hydro growers busy trying to convince customers their bud should smell like peanuts, green leaf volatiles and petroleum based nutes.

Blows my mind that people can't stick 2 dry buds in 2 different baby food jars. Burp one 2 seconds a day for 3 months. Don't burp the other one. One is cured. One is not. Oxygen is OBVIOUSLY a giant part of curing. But you know, too many senseless hydro growers clouding up reality with their wannabe buds and moisture pack dankness.

you say so many things without an actual understanding of what you are referring to.
I grow between 1.0ec-1.5 ec max. Who uses .4ec like you said? 2000ppm. Lol

and the soiless salt based nute grows i have done lately are some of the most strong smelling plants i have grown yet. And more resinous and sticky than previous grows in organic potting soil.

lots of variables to the final product.

Are you ever going to show the amazing plants you grow and process so much better than everyone else? Or show some evidence of your organic bro science?

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Nonsense. My bud, 100% of the time regardless of strain, goes from tasting generic, hashy, sweet and sugary, to tasting distinct and sour. Those sour flavors aren't hiding out. They have to be created. Via curing. Not a myth. That fresh period sweetness doesn't evaporate lol, it's been converted. It's a chemical process.

Actually I forget, hydroponic is different. It doesn't create flavor, it just smells like early veg terpenes,and it's a battle to preserve them lame potpourri smells over the fungicides, 2000ppm of Botanicare, etc. .

100% chance that cure deniers work for mersh producers. I'm steady breaking fatty acids down into thiols and starches into alcohols, day by day, while hydro growers busy trying to convince customers their bud should smell like peanuts, green leaf volatiles and petroleum based nutes.

Blows my mind that people can't stick 2 dry buds in 2 different baby food jars. Burp one 2 seconds a day for 3 months. Don't burp the other one. One is cured. One is not. Oxygen is OBVIOUSLY a giant part of curing. But you know, too many senseless hydro growers clouding up reality with their wannabe buds and moisture pack dankness.

"Oxygen is OBVIOUSLY a giant part of curing. But you know, too many senseless hydro growers clouding up reality with their wannabe buds and moisture pack dankness"

As is, a lack of oxygen part of the curing process.

Have you ever put up a bale of alfalfa?

Buds are stored in the dark only with moisture packs when/if needed, preferably they are not needed.

Last edited:
TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Some misconceptions here......

THC does not turn into CBD.......THCA converts to THC, and CBDA converts to CBD.

Oxygen is NOT the most important part of curing........temperature is and I don't think that was even mentioned.

Over time, these conversions takes place......so during a long cure, THCA will get converted to THC.

The most experienced smokers are usually the most misinformed has been my experience over the last 50 years.

Just remember that less than 1% of the information on the internet is accurate.......that's a staggering number IMHO.

If you want to learn about cannabis, use books, teachers.......not the internet.

Bahs Creole

Bahs Creole

You're correct about temperature, humidity is also a key factor as well as the lack of light.. have you ever read any of Ed Rosenthals information on curing? I'd say he's just as good as any teacher could be.. except his information isn't meshing with yours..
Never arguing, only productive conversations.. happy day.🤙

Top Bottom