Can anyone identify this insect.

• Thread starter Southernuncle21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

I did my usual daily check and found this gem under on of the leafs. Im having trouble figuring out what it is. I been looking on the internet for an hour and can't figure out what it is. Does anyone know what it might be?

Can anyone identify this insect
TSD

TSD

A species of aphids maybe? Any signs of pests on other areas of the plant? Specifically under leaves?

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

A species of aphids maybe? Any signs of pests on other areas of the plant? Specifically under leaves?
Believe it or not, even though it's a very large plant, I'm out there everyday checking over it and there is barely any insect damage on that plant. Matter of fact, most of my plants have very minimal insect damage. I treat my plants with Neem oil so I don't know if it'll be a mite or what

freezeland2

freezeland2

Kinda looks like mud to me. Not saying that’s what it is but it was my first impression. I have never seen an insect do that on a leaf.

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

Look like eggs,whitefly perhaps?
I thought the same too, but after searching pictures of whitefly eggs and larvae this I don't believe is it. These eggs are like a reddish brown and they're all in like a uniform style. White fly eggs. Looks like they're kind of haphazardly dotted around the bottom of a leaf. This one's a real head Scratcher

freezeland2

freezeland2

It's definitely eggs. I took a long hard look at it and spent a hour cross referencing pictures and my leaf.
I didn’t zoom on it but yes that makes sense, eggs from something. I’d whack that leaf off and look for more.

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

I didn’t zoom on it but yes that makes sense, eggs from something. I’d whack that leaf off and look for more.
Trust me I'll remove that leaf very quickly. I did look over the plant but it started getting too dark so I'm going to have to resume my search in the morning

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I thought the same too, but after searching pictures of whitefly eggs and larvae this I don't believe is it. These eggs are like a reddish brown and they're all in like a uniform style. White fly eggs. Looks like they're kind of haphazardly dotted around the bottom of a leaf. This one's a real head Scratcher
Yeah,I looked as well,the brown looks like honeycomb,I thought maybe the insect arranged it's eggs like that or something

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

Yeah,I looked as well,the brown looks like honeycomb,I thought maybe the insect arranged it's eggs like that or something
Tomorrow morning I'm not too sure. Whatever late the eggs did it in a particular pattern. Like I said, I'm not too sure it's kind of pissing me off. I can't figure out what it is

R

ritoMox

I did my usual daily check and found this gem under on of the leafs. Im having trouble figuring out what it is. I been looking on the internet for an hour and can't figure out what it is. Does anyone know what it might be?
This thread says caterpillar eggs: Link: Insect eggs They threw the leaf in a bag and baby caterpillars hatched.

Caterpillar eggs

"They hatched. A bunch of baby caterpillars..."
Baby Caterpillars

Last edited:
S

strikepower

just like he said @ritoMox
yes it's a caterpillar 😏 I fought with them for 3 days 😅 picked up one by one caterpillars from the leaves. annoying thing 😑

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

Assassin bugs wreak havoc on mites caterpillar larvae hell even big ass caterpillars get eat up by assassin bugs. I have assassin bugs that's all over. All I need to do is catch a couple of them and put them on the plant and they'll just wreak havoc on the entire caterpillar population. Plus I can try to attract some parasitic wasp come take care of whatever caterpillar survive and grow. Google

Top Bottom