Can anyone identify this problem... +rep

• Thread starter QuarterbackMo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I have seen those same disturbed leafs on one of my grows and started again on another. I read mine as high co2 and did a changeout and dropped my co2 and had no more issues. At both of those times my co2 levels were at a high point for each strain. I'm still not positive as to that being the culprit but I have a strong feeling it is. One question, are your air pumps in the same room as your co2? I was wondering if it could have anything to do with high levels of co2 pumping into our h20? I have moved air pumps out since those runs, since then no issues. I think DS could be the man to answer if that could be a possibility... One things for sure, your ladies are in good hands... Keep on keepin on...

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Co2 burn does look exactly like this, however i don't think thats the case here.

that is what we innately thought as well.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Co2 burn does look exactly like this, however i don't think thats the case here.

that is what we innately thought as well.

Would co2 burn look like this from being fed thru h2o also or just fed heavily in the air?

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I thought it was co2 at first too then I realized it couldnt have been cuz its been that high this whole time. I think you guys are right about the mg I never had a mg problem before but these bubba og's appeared to be lacking in something for all that to happen. I just grabbed some epsom salt Im gonna try that and see what it does.

U

UCCONFUSION

OPT1c....sorry not sure if I shouldn't be posting this hear...Your roots are retarded nuts. Can you tell me how you use Zone? I've got Zone. Every two weeks I run zone for 24 hours with H202 for a flush then refill and go back to regular nutes...is that how you use zone or do you run zone all the time? I've had 2 lost harvests in a row because I'm way over my head and totally humbled, i would appreciate hearing how you use it. If you have anything I could read I would read it and really appreciate it.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I thought it was co2 at first too then I realized it couldnt have been cuz its been that high this whole time. I think you guys are right about the mg I never had a mg problem before but these bubba og's appeared to be lacking in something for all that to happen. I just grabbed some epsom salt Im gonna try that and see what it does.

Capulator first turned me on to Epsom salts, I'm currently using between .5 and 1.0 grams per gallon. I mix it up with my Jacks, and add to my RDWC before mixing and adding anything with calcium in it, because calcium has a strong affinity to sulfur- they bind up and drop out of solution as 97% INsoluble... gypsum. Same stuff as your drywall. Therefore, mix your calcium bearing nutes thoroughly and dilute them as well before adding carefully.

OPT1c....sorry not sure if I shouldn't be posting this hear...Your roots are retarded nuts. Can you tell me how you use Zone? I've got Zone. Every two weeks I run zone for 24 hours with H202 for a flush then refill and go back to regular nutes...is that how you use zone or do you run zone all the time? I've had 2 lost harvests in a row because I'm way over my head and totally humbled, i would appreciate hearing how you use it. If you have anything I could read I would read it and really appreciate it.

I run DM Zone constantly. Bottle strength is 1ml per gallon, that's been working pretty well for me. I don't add it all the time, just at water change, because I have had no problems with any rot. I run an 80 gallon RDWC system and I chill my water down to 62-64 degrees F, and I'm sure that helps a lot.

U

UCCONFUSION

TTYSTIKK.... Thanks for the reply....I heard that 68 degrees was optimum and that low 60's required to much energy for the plant to warm up. I hear over 72 is root rot city. Seems there is NEVER an answer you can get from two people that are the same. Have you run your chiller at different temperatures? How many runs do you have? Thanks again.

deacon1503

deacon1503

I mix it up with my Jacks, and add to my RDWC before mixing and adding anything with calcium in it, because calcium has a strong affinity to sulfur- they bind up and drop out of solution as 97% INsoluble... gypsum. Same stuff as your drywall. Therefore, mix your calcium bearing nutes thoroughly and dilute them as well before adding.

Can u elaborate on this plz?

At 1 gram per gallon, what kind of ppm & ec rise do u see?

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I found out what the problem was 1000%... ds you were right about my mg def I think I added some epsom they look way happier... the burn problem though? that was co2... I just noticed after sitting in my room for a sec that the co2 burner was on for an awfully long time. I look at the light on the side and it was off but my fucking burners were still on 10!!! I go check my min and max on my sentinel... max ppm was 2915! WTF!!! that means that piece of shit has been burning non stop!! Now that I think about it I havent heard that ignitor go off in a few days either. I keep wondering why my plants look like shit this round and I believe this is the answer... Big unhappy trip to the grow shop tomorrow they better replace this bitch free of charge.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I found out what the problem was 1000%... ds you were right about my mg def I think I added some epsom they look way happier... the burn problem though? that was co2... I just noticed after sitting in my room for a sec that the co2 burner was on for an awfully long time. I look at the light on the side and it was off but my fucking burners were still on 10!!! I go check my min and max on my sentinel... max ppm was 2915! WTF!!! that means that piece of shit has been burning non stop!! Now that I think about it I havent heard that ignitor go off in a few days either. I keep wondering why my plants look like shit this round and I believe this is the answer... Big unhappy trip to the grow shop tomorrow they better replace this bitch free of charge.
That is exactly what happened to me. My Sentinal did the same. Your hydro spot should just do a swap. Mine was out and so I dealt with Sentinal directly. They paid postage for my old one to be sent and they wanted to just fix it. I told them no way I couldn't do without that's why I went with Sentinal, I thought of reliability. They sent a new one overnight before I even got the old one off. Happy you got that figured out. I knew it looked too familiar. Oh, I ran mine manually just to keep some level going. You just need to tap the relay on the bottom of burner and it should pop off. Can't wait to see this one finish up.

U

UPOC

Glad your ladies are doing well. Im having the same issues, I was wondering if you kept running calmag with the epsom salts in your mix?

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Very happy to hear ya got it figured out!! That's scary to hear about your sentinel, definitely something that people should keep an eye on during check-ups. We're running a bottle and I've gotten in the habit to check it everytime.

UCConfusion, water temps below 65 degrees is where you want to be as pythium can't grow in it, or it's extremely difficult for it. 70 degree's is asking for big trouble IMO. Our main Rez temp is about 59 degrees and after circulation through 4 - 27 gal totes and 3" piping it hits the Chiller at 61 degree's and we've had no issue's so far, roots look nice and white. Have a thread going over in the DIY setup forum. Feel free to post up questions, were newbs to this RDWC as well so following the KISS method... I think. lol

Happy growing everyone

-ALLegal420

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

yup and its working fantasticly

You can expect to see more resinous, tastier flowers as well. Its the only real ingredient in "sweets" besides sugar. Just cut it before flush when you cut everything else.

U

UPOC

Thank you for the quick reply. At what rates do you mix them or how many ppms of each?

Top Bottom