Can anyone recommend a good heat controller that supports 1500w heater.

• Thread starter frogyrogy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

frogyrogy

I use a small milkhouse heater on occasion in my main grow room and I was looking for a controller that will handle 1500w. I had planned on the inkbird 308 but when I looked at details on it 1100w is max draw . . . low setting on the heater is 1200w so I would appreciate anyone who could suggest a good controller option for up to 1500w.

Thanks for any help.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I use a small milkhouse heater on occasion in my main grow room and I was looking for a controller that will handle 1500w. I had planned on the inkbird 308 but when I looked at details on it 1100w is max draw . . . low setting on the heater is 1200w so I would appreciate anyone who could suggest a good controller option for up to 1500w.

Thanks for any help.
would a timer work? 15 min on 15 min off / 5 min on 5 min off...or what ever to dial in the temp you need...or a regular household thermostat can be cut into your power line..not sure why an expensive controller is needed...

F

frogyrogy

would a timer work? 15 min on 15 min off / 5 min on 5 min off...or what ever to dial in the temp you need...or a regular household thermostat can be cut into your power line..not sure why an expensive controller is needed...
Would get too hot fast on a timer, 150+ year old house, even in the basement temp changes too much to have a static heat setting . . . heater has a thermostat built in that works but not accurately (sometimes cuts off at 80, sometimes 85), either way, without any sort of remote probe it reads basically at floor temps where the heater sits. Not what I want.

I don't necessarily need an expensive controller, I just need one that will do what I want it to do. As for expense, when it comes to my grow . . . I found that buying quality equipment and supplies is still cheaper than buying weed. So to my way of looking at it, if I need/want to add a piece of equipment and it costs less than an oz of weed why not?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Would get too hot fast on a timer, 150+ year old house, even in the basement temp changes too much to have a static heat setting . . . heater has a thermostat built in that works but not accurately (sometimes cuts off at 80, sometimes 85), either way, without any sort of remote probe it reads basically at floor temps where the heater sits. Not what I want.

I don't necessarily need an expensive controller, I just need one that will do what I want it to do. As for expense, when it comes to my grow . . . I found that buying quality equipment and supplies is still cheaper than buying weed. So to my way of looking at it, if I need/want to add a piece of equipment and it costs less than an oz of weed why not?
I'm all for cheap...most of my stuff comes from a second hands shop...$4.99 - a 30% seniors discount... I use a 100w heat lamp in my veg closet to keep my heat up though the day with lights on......in my flower room I bought a small radiant heat 1500w heater cheap $69 amzon and I've contained the space & heat with black out curtains, a $2.99 -30% vaporizer set at about 50% ...

freezeland2

freezeland2

I understand you are looking for a controller but in the interim a occillating fan really helps to distribute the heat rather than creating a hot spot around the heater without a fan.

F

frogyrogy

I understand you are looking for a controller but in the interim a occillating fan really helps to distribute the heat rather than creating a hot spot around the heater without a fan.
I have an oscillating fan running . . . just can't get the heater to cycle at the right point. Best I can get right now is heater kicks in between 75-77 F and cuts off somewhere between 81-85+ . . . I've played with the built in thermostat enough . . . time for something to change, new heater or controller.

S

SmokinnJoe19

I got Baylite on Amazon for 65 bux, but that was years ago. I’ve had 2000 watts running with no problems

147C9BB6 2A55 45BA B83E 46493B018450
Top Bottom