Can anyone send off buds for lab testing?

• Thread starter Wolfguts666
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wolfguts666

Wolfguts666

Wanting to get my bud tested later this fall. However I live In a no cultivation state. How do I go about this? Thanks in advance for your reply!!

FATAL

FATAL

When the 90% dabs I have don't get me high, do you think the 105% dabs will? Cannabis testing is a sham. The labs remain silent on the fact that natural Cannabis is more than 2 cannabinoids and 4 terpenes. Don't waste your time on a Cannabis testing facility. They did nothing but annoy me and prove they are a joke.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

No. You need commercial license to get tested. And people have their own opinions on testing. I really only test it to check thc percentage count and the heavy metal count. You want to be smoking healthy buds IF it is possible now days to test it. Back in the day we smoke to smoke. Now its possible to monitor what you smoke.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I think in Washington and probably Callie the test results from a particular lot of a strain have to be printed on the package you bye. You can probably get it tested but you can’t mail it in. Have to walk it in. But then you would have to cross state lines to do it. What a conundrum!

growsince79

growsince79

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Isn’t that why you get it tested? Could be 0%, could be 20%. If nothing else satisfies the curiosity

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

In Alaska we can take private samples in and get the same assay service as licensed growers. It’s not cheap.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I’ll bet it’s not! Setting up a lab probably isn’t cheap. But I would think it’s a nice option to have if you are sitting there with 10 pounds and three or four different ways of reaching the finished product To determine the most efficient and cost-effective method and then going with it.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
In Canada we can. Basic cannabinoid profile is like $90, full cannabinoid and terpene profile is $150

We almost never test bud around here but it is a handy service for testing larger volumes of extract for use in edibles to determine the decarboxylation efficiency and active cannabinoid concentrations etc. Makes dosing on a larger scale much more accurate.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
It just seems funny, that on this site, everyone is into testing pH, ppm, soil, water, etc. but then when it comes to getting the finished product tested it seems that there is a lot of cynicism and negativity. All the labs are dishonest. The dispensaries are dishonest. The commercial growers are dishonest. I doubt it. Too much money in it now to risk being dishonest.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
It just seems funny, that on this site, everyone is into testing pH, ppm, soil, water, etc. but then when it comes to getting the finished product tested it seems that there is a lot of cynicism and negativity. All the labs are dishonest. The dispensaries are dishonest. The commercial growers are dishonest. I doubt it. Too much money in it now to risk being dishonest.
I personally fall into that category. I am the end of the line quality control tester for my cannabis. I dont need a machine to tell me a number to know that a plant tastes amazing and gets me high as a kite.

Again, for edibles it kinda matters more imho.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I agree, DB. I know this is kind of off thread, I was thinking a little more commercial quantities. With legality Comes oversite,Auditing, paper trails, inspectors, etc. with millions in growing, millions in labs, and millions and dispensaries, I think they all strive for a level playing field with no subterfuge involved. The stakes are too high. If you’re good enough, And bring up good product then you will prosper. If not you won’t be in business very long. But then again, maybe I am old and naïve. Lol

novazeus

novazeus

or, if u wanna actually harvest ur pure thc-a and weigh it.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I am old! A spreadsheet is about as foreign as a Bible to me! Lol!

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

By the way regarding testing of personal bud. The sample is marked personal sample and tests results say it. There’s no strain name. Because they’re set for METRC and unless that tag accompanied the sample it’s not going to be identified. So it’s definitely for your personal information as well as anyone trusting you as to strain.

Top Bottom