Can feminised children be 100 percent Female?

• Thread starter DoubleDub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DoubleDub

I would like to set the answer to this question straight once and for all.

If one pollinates a true female with pollen obtained from another true female via chemicals or colloidal silver will some of the offspring be true 100 percent females? Or will they all more or less pop out nanners at some point in their life cycle?

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I have seen 100% female plant from this method. I'm sure there is a ton of variation between strains and variables etc. I made 50 seeds by stressing a female plant to get a nanner....Out of them all were sexed female. I did find some plants hermied late in flowering. I also found several keepers that do not hermie even under the most stressful conditions. I still have nine seeds left. I hesitated to start these for a couple years because I thought they would be more hermie problems then they were worth. Not the case at all. They have become quite a hit with my family and patients. Once you weed out the ones that do hermie...dude It is positively possible to happen . Because I seen It. I don't know what some of the pro breeders will say but I found some super dank this way and they are really were a lot like some regular packs I bought..I also have started a lot of packs that were fem this way and had all different results..Never found a Fem blueberry that didn't hermie..hell not even a regular one..haha

Well hope this gets some attention from the breeders because i really want to hear their input on this one.

M

MadBuddhaAbuser

i think it would start with how hermi-prone your original clone is. if you stress test it and it doesn't herm, then you'd have a decent chance of the babies not herming. of course if it's a hermi-mom it leaves a good chance of making a mess down the line

D

DoubleDub

Thanks for the answer guys.

So as long as both parents involved are completely female, expressing no natural/stress induced nanners than some of the offspring is likely to be 100 percent female.

What about if the nanners occured naturally without chemicals. And you used that pollen to impregnate a completely nanner free female? Is it possible to obtain at least one nanner free plant?

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes you can. I would prefer the nanners that come very late in flowering..last week or later. I would also choose a plant that only produced a few or even one nanner. Not a plant that hermied a whole bunch. Selection..trial..error...

Top Bottom