Can I ask for some help with this coco

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Hi all,

So I’m entering week 6 of flower today and have noticed top leaves very deep green , slight leaf tip burn ( very slight )

Last couple weeks I raised my nutrients up to 1.8ec so about 900 ppm I think it is.

Decided to check run off today and wow it was 2.4 Ec.

Why has it risen so high ?

I decided to flush with straight ph water and will go back to nutes tomorrow only at half strength.

I am hand watering at once per day when lights turn on .

Humidity is 65% high and %45 low

I can’t seem to keep it down when the lights on .

Also did notice the top cola leaves are starting to curl up. I was thinking this is due to the heat and too much nutes ?

Will my flush fix this ? I’m also curious to why it raised up so much

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Hi all,

So I’m entering week 6 of flower today and have noticed top leaves very deep green , slight leaf tip burn ( very slight )

Last couple weeks I raised my nutrients up to 1.8ec so about 900 ppm I think it is.

Why has it risen so high ?

I decided to flush with straight ph water and will go back to nutes tomorrow only at half strength.

I am hand watering at once per day when lights turn on .

Humidity is 65% high and %45 low

I can’t seem to keep it down when the lights on .

Also did notice the top cola leaves are starting to curl up. I was thinking this is due to the heat and too much nutes ?

Will my flush fix this ? I’m also curious to why it raised up so much
Pics?

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Got this one from
Few days ago but lights off at the moment so will get another
0EEED247 7A63 4573 A575 83EE96773378

Arkos

Arkos

Is the plant as close to the light as it looks on the pic ? If so move the light further away, that's what it looks like to me anyway.

Treetrunks

Treetrunks

Have you been measuring your run off throughout the grow? It's pretty common for run off to be a slightly higher e.c. then the feed your watering with

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Have you been measuring your run off throughout the grow? It's pretty common for run off to be a slightly higher e.c. then the feed your watering with
I haven’t been measuring it as they looked very nice. Thought I’d measure it a day ago to check and when I seen 2.4ec i knew it was too high

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

So I fed them with 1.2 ec today , was half strength nutes

Run off that came out was 1.8

Hope that is better for the flowering if I keep the lower nutes going in

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Aqua might see this or others might say better than I, but I go by what the plants are telling me. If it was me, I'd look at the symptoms, and also that your getting well into flowering. I would give her a good flush, I use a surfactant, like yukka extract for the root zone, then reapply your appropriate nutes, and maybe inoculate it with a bit of extra micros, if you've got them.

That would be my advice, give it a decent flush. Did you check the pH of the runoff?

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Aqua might see this or others might say better than I, but I go by what the plants are telling me. If it was me, I'd look at the symptoms, and also that your getting well into flowering. I would give her a good flush, I use a surfactant, like yukka extract for the root zone, then reapply your appropriate nutes, and maybe inoculate it with a bit of extra micros, if you've got them.

That would be my advice, give it a decent flush. Did you check the pH of the runoff?
Nah I didn’t check the ph on the run off . I figured I can’t change the ph ?

Really only do ph going in at 6.1 / 6.2
I’m growing in coco also

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Nah I didn’t check the ph on the run off . I figured I can’t change the ph ?

Really only do ph going in at 6.1 / 6.2
I’m growing in coco also
Well as the salt's accumulate over time, the ph can drop, because the EC is becoming more concentrated. Likewise, if you've got good/excessive nitrification, the pH can actually be elevated, which I think is usually the more common issue that can occur at your stage, so that's why I asked. It would simply add another layer to what we know already. Therapy could be guided by that information, but it's not critical.

I would give a good flush, and go with that. Also, backing off the light a few inches might be beneficial, until you rebound.
That's my advice, and I'm sticking too it. (unless someone more experienced comes along, and tells me I'm full of shit.).

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Well as the salt's accumulate over time, the ph can drop, because the EC is becoming more concentrated. Likewise, if you've got good/excessive nitrification, the pH can actually be elevated, which I think is usually the more common issue that can occur at your stage, so that's why I asked. It would simply add another layer to what we know already. Therapy could be guided by that information, but it's not critical.

I would give a good flush, and go with that. Also, backing off the light a few inches might be beneficial, until you rebound.
That's my advice, and I'm sticking too it. (unless someone more experienced comes along, and tells me I'm full of shit.).
Appreciate it mate . Thankyou

Arkos

Arkos

Yeah it’s pretty damn close now
And the light can't be moved up ?
Bend the tops down if so.

Seeing your runoff ec is 1.8 I'm pretty sure the light is at fault.

What's the recommended hanging height for flowering ?

Bbonez

Bbonez

According to this +300PPM is acceptable and it looks like that is what you are at. Mine was about +1500PPM, I didn't notice anything wrong with the plants but I backed off on the feeding as a precaution.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

And the light can't be moved up ?
Bend the tops down if so.

Seeing your runoff ec is 1.8 I'm pretty sure the light is at fault.

What's the recommended hanging height for flowering ?
pretty sure it can be max 12 inch so im way too close aye

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Theirs are chart of conversion between the 3 standards. Do you happen to have a heat gun or a way to judge the leaf teamps closes to the light? A lot of LEDs dont produce a lot of heat so you can get closer””

Also what’s size containers are you using? And what type of mix pure coco or coco and perlite?

C6FF44EA 9006 4AFB ADD7 918C647CCF71
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Nutrients build up, it happens. Especially if you are feeding more than they need.
Typically I monitor runoff in DTW every day or so to see where it's at. Especially in flower as the plants eating habits can change and you often will see buildup in the first few weeks, especially in stuff like peat mixes but it can happen in any media.

If the runoff is coming out slightly hot, like up to 2ec, I'll just feed lower for several days to bring it down. But if I see it go over 2ec I bring it back down with a rinse until I'm back to target runoff ec of around 1.5-1.6 in my garden.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Nutrients build up, it happens. Especially if you are feeding more than they need.
Typically I monitor runoff in DTW every day or so to see where it's at. Especially in flower as the plants eating habits can change and you often will see buildup in the first few weeks, especially in stuff like peat mixes but it can happen in any media.

If the runoff is coming out slightly hot, like up to 2ec, I'll just feed lower for several days to bring it down. But if I see it go over 2ec I bring it back down with a rinse until I'm back to target runoff ec of around 1.5-1.6 in my garden.
So dirtbag, are you doing ANY flushes prior to flower, or during flower, that are not related to excessive EC? Or do you think veg nutes can be converted without having to disrupt the media too much, if it's done gradually, and with some foresight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom