Can I ask for some help with this coco

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

So dirtbag, are you doing ANY flushes prior to flower, or during flower, that are not related to excessive EC? Or do you think veg nutes can be converted without having to disrupt the media too much, if it's done gradually, and with some foresight.
Maybe that was where I went wrong . Didn’t flush from veg to flower and gradually ec just risen up over time . Got my ec/ppm ingoing 1.4 and out at 1.8 now . Still have some deep green leaves though so waiting to see how long they take to dull off ( if they do ). Not really sure as it’s only my second grow . And first grow failed

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
That is not exactly true sir, with co2 you can get close yes, but LEDs are now so powerful that they will fry your plants if they are close to the canopy without supplemental co2.
I"ve probably got some of the best LED's on the market right now, so I'll bite on this comment and give my 0.2c. Your both right, actually. The newer ones you do have to worry about bleaching the plant, or over exposure, but he's also correct in saying that you can get much closer.... Especially with these dials, you can lower it down on the canopy and get far better penetration, using those kinds of methods. I've got mine backed off in the flowering tent right now, but there going to get dropped here pretty quick. Soon as they harden to the UV exposure.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Maybe that was where I went wrong . Didn’t flush from veg to flower and gradually ec just risen up over time . Got my ec/ppm ingoing 1.4 and out at 1.8 now . Still have some deep green leaves though so waiting to see how long they take to dull off ( if they do ). Not really sure as it’s only my second grow . And first grow failed
I don't think that's necessarily the case, I think if you've got at least a decent 3 part, or something, that you can transition it a few different ways, it's just got to be done gradually, and with some foresight, planning. But certainly both ways are fine, if done with care. I think that's where measuring the EC and whatnot comes into things, it determines the next step to take.

But I have to admit, I don't take daily measurements, I do check ec as I mix it, especially the custom parts, but I don't always check what's coming out of the plant, unless I see something wrong, and I keep a standard mixture that's good for all stages, it's just the concentration, and what's done to it beforehand...

Lately, I've been giving a lot of my K+ with a spray bottle, and creating a bit of C02, I belive. It works extremely well.
2 KHCO3 → K2CO3 + CO2 + H2O. and prevent PM while I"m doing it.

Last edited:
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I don't think that's necessarily the case, I think if you've got at least a decent 3 part, or something, that you can transition it a few different ways, it's just got to be done gradually, and with some foresight, planning. But certainly both ways are fine, if done with care. I think that's where measuring the EC and whatnot comes into things, it determines the next step to take.

But I have to admit, I don't take daily measurements, I do check ec as I mix it, especially the custom parts, but I don't always check what's coming out of the plant, unless I see something wrong, and I keep a standard mixture that's good for all stages, it's just the concentration, and what's done to it beforehand...

Lately, I've been giving a lot of my K+ with a spray bottle, and creating a bit of C02, I belive. It works extremely well.
2 KHCO3 → K2CO3 + CO2 + H2O. and prevent PM while I"m doing it.
Yeah I see .

See I’m using nutrients called green planet dual fuel , so it’s a 2 part system then with additives on top

Liquid weight
Max bloom
Pk spike
Rezin.

If I have too much N in the system i don’t know if I can reduce it as I need to stick the the NER ratio ( nutrient element ratio).

I’m only running half strength from now on as it must be very potent stuff.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yeah I see .

See I’m using nutrients called green planet dual fuel , so it’s a 2 part system then with additives on top

Liquid weight
Max bloom
Pk spike
Rezin.

If I have too much N in the system i don’t know if I can reduce it as I need to stick the the NER ratio ( nutrient element ratio).

I’m only running half strength from now on as it must be very potent stuff.
Yea, unfortunately, everyone builds a very specific routine, and the pieces of the puzzle don't always line up. Anytime your plants have having a fit, it's good to back them off some, let them settle in and recoup. Personally, I don't see any real benefit to 24hr lights, and I back them off a bit, almost everyday, especially when I'm messing with them or doing waters or foliars, but usually just turn things down to a low level, not completely off.

Once they respond, it's back to the races again.
Watch them, they will speak to you. After all, they are as alive as we are, they just don't have tongues.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So dirtbag, are you doing ANY flushes prior to flower, or during flower, that are not related to excessive EC? Or do you think veg nutes can be converted without having to disrupt the media too much, if it's done gradually, and with some foresight.
Not unless I see ec spike, no. I feed pretty conservatively and I always adjust ratios gradually if possible.

Tonymayo

Tonymayo

I'm wondering if you need the flush going from veg to flower using the green planet notes as the last veg feed is the same nute mix as the transition to flower feed

Top Bottom