Can I eat decarboxylated bud ?

• Thread starter Tom14
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
josefrahl

josefrahl

I also have problems with smoking anymore because of my lungs. I switched to vapor through a bong. Can take huge rips and feel it in my lungs, but bothers me as much as a deep breath. Especially out of a 4 carb recycler.

I also feel very little from edibles usually. No body just a slight tendency to get attached to my thoughts. If I decard some CBD flower as well, and mix the 2 in my edibles, I can definitely feel it. Pick up some from a smoke shop. CBD is decarbed at 280f/140c for 90 mins if you want to try adding it.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I use 250mg kief from top shelf buds. I'm guessing that would be about 125 - 150mg.
Then either your tolerance is higher than mine, body chemistry is different, or you enjoy a heavier stone than I do. I've done that much, but I don't find it enjoyable.

That's the other part ... people have to find out on their own how much is just right for them.

growsince79

growsince79

Then either your tolerance is higher than mine, body chemistry is different, or you enjoy a heavier stone than I do. I've done that much, but I don't find it enjoyable.

That's the other part ... people have to find out on their own how much is just right for them.
Its a heavy stone. I wouldn't try to drive.

Tonymayo

Tonymayo

I use to make butter from 1 oz of flower
First ya have to chop it up fine and decarb in oven on the lowest setting possible for 15 mins
Must cover your baking dish with foil too
After that she's done and ready to make the butter šŸ’ŖšŸ¼
1 oz flower to 250g butter and 4 cups of water
Simmer that for 4 hours minimum
Pour it all through a cheese cloth into a bowl and put in the fridge overnight
Next day scrape the butter off the top of the water
Muddiah ! Use 1 teaspoon per dose for max effects

Tonymayo

Tonymayo

I'm trying a tincture next with 60% alcohol as we brew our own spirits
Trying the green dragon method
Seems like a piece of cake!

Tonymayo

Tonymayo

Unfortunately I scared my wife and daughter away from edibles for that very reason - now I use are dab rig reclaim - 1/2 gram in capsule usually will put me to sleep.
Hahaha I did the same to my poor dad
He's not a weed in taker at all he only drinks but one night he said he'd give it a go so I buttered a slice of toast for him not knowing how strong it was lol
He said he'd never try it again haha

Tom14

Tom14

I'm trying a tincture next with 60% alcohol as we brew our own spirits
Trying the green dragon method
Seems like a piece of cake!
sounds great ~ I'll try a tincture ~ was thinking of using oil instead of alcohol

people are talking about mct oil which is expensive ~

is there a cheaper oil that will work ?

oLd1

oLd1

My wife makes me Cookies and Candy but she also makes me Butter .

With the Butter Iā€™m good for hours.

My Son ate some Brownies said they tasted like crap but it had him buzzing.

oLd1

TomH

TomH

I'm finding about a half gram of good weed (mid 20s in %, perhaps higher), decarbed and mixed with a spoonful of peanut butter goes down really smoothly and easily with a couple sips of tea.
The buzz kicks in for me about 35 to 45 minutes later and lasts a bout 4 or 5 hours, peak lasts from about 1.5 hours to around the 3 hour mark.
Increasing that half gram to 3/4g seemed almost mushroom like to me (everything outside was glimmering, I kept thinking people were looking at me).

Good buzz, but go with care.

grnmtn

grnmtn

I'm finding about a half gram of good weed (mid 20s in %, perhaps higher), decarbed and mixed with a spoonful of peanut butter goes down really smoothly and easily with a couple sips of tea.
The buzz kicks in for me about 35 to 45 minutes later and lasts a bout 4 or 5 hours, peak lasts from about 1.5 hours to around the 3 hour mark.
Increasing that half gram to 3/4g seemed almost mushroom like to me (everything outside was glimmering, I kept thinking people were looking at me).

Good buzz, but go with care.
It happened to me too. Took too much and had like a 7 hour couch trip that totally resembled a mushroom trip!

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

So I live with crippling pain and go through dump trucks of weed. My lungs hurt too so I started making oil to eat. I bought an EtoH machine for about $500.00. You extract using ethanol in the freezer then winterize and use the machine to make the oil. You then decarboxylate the oil and eat it. The machine reclaims 95% of the alcohol so you can reuse it.

I usually do a first wash which makes beautiful golden oil then a second wash that produces green. When you decarboxylate the oil it turns brown anyway. The first wash is more potent and the second wash is more of a body high. Extract Craft I think is the name of the company that makes the machine. They have videos which are helpful. I wish I could afford then big machine for like 2k as it can do much more at a time. But keep in mind that your tolerance will sky rocket when you start eating it. I have like a 600 mg tolerance now.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Make small amounts of butter with large amounts of weed...
coconut butter stores longer I hear.
I'd say dont push the temp too far and dont do a full hour. It's not a pot roast. 20 minutes at temp I would imagine is enough to heat the weed.
12 minutes is enough to get frozen pizza rolls spitting out cheese.
And then theres the argument of "doesnt it decarb when you cook the food anyway?"
Which also leads to the question "does heating it twice actually weaken things when you make the food"

TSD

TSD

Even dispensary edibles in regulated markets have wild swings in potency for a variety of reasons. Home made can be even harder to control dosing because not many of us know the thc % going into the mix
Accurate. I always use the same method and amount, but some batches are stronger than others, even with the same strain sometimes... I always stop smoking for a day and do a quality assurance test before sharing so I don't whack anyone into a 14 hour nap. Some people lack the enzymes to metabolize thc by ingestion... my brother in law is one, he can eat a thousand mgs w no result.

TomH

TomH

Quote: "Some people lack the enzymes to metabolize thc by ingestion... my brother in law is one, he can eat a thousand mgs w no result."

Interesting. I have begun to notice that I get a better buzz eating decarbed Sativa versus decarbed Indica.
Not sure why. Eating about 1/2g to 3/4g of decarbed Sativa makes the world sparkle, the same amount of Indica I really don't notice much.

ODD!

Tom14

Tom14

What % Alcohol is needed for tincture ? I bought 190 proof 95% , but I don't want to use it because it's too strong . I would rather use something else that doesn't burn your skin off .

so anyway I'm sitting here with everything I need to make my first tincture and I'm not making it because I want lower % alcohol .

C

crm114

What % Alcohol is needed for tincture ? I bought 190 proof 95% , but I don't want to use it because it's too strong . I would rather use something else that doesn't burn your skin off .

so anyway I'm sitting here with everything I need to make my first tincture and I'm not making it because I want lower % alcohol .
For extraction and tincture compounding 190 proof ETOH is what you want to use. That does not mean that you need to consume the tincture at its full strength. Take a dose worth and mix it with whatever you want - any liquid will do. If you evap the extract down to oil, then mix 1ml of that oil with 24ml ETOH your resulting tincture will be a 40mg dose(of extract) per ml.

One thing I've noticed about this tincture over other edibles - it only takes between 20-30 minutes for effects to begin instead of the usual 60-90 for edibles and oil-based tinctures. My theory is due to the ETOH as a carrier seems to get into the bloodstream faster.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

There is no method of decarbing that I know of that preserves terpenes while fully decarbing the material. That's why edibles just have a generic green weed smell and taste that is pretty consistent between all edibles. Sadly there is no substitute for smoking or vaping for enjoying that sweet sweet strain specific weed flavor.

How I accomplish this -

Rotovap using ETOH - end up with concentrate with terpenes. Full Spectrum

Decarb some fraction - say 1/2 as an example

Mix the decarb and undecarbed back together

Double the normal dose - so if you use 30mL normally, use 60mL for the same effect.

There are some studies that show THCa has some medical properties as well as the decarbed cannabinoids. So there's that potential benefit too.

In truth I don't even do this much any more. I have lots of "base" which is a flask full of decarbed concentrate from many plants. Then I rotovap the strain I want to taste and don't decarb. Add this full spectrum in some ratio to the base and you get the best of both worlds.

Top Bottom