Can I get some help with this please?

• Thread starter 7munkee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
7munkee

7munkee

I am growing in organic soil. I used FF Happy Frog and added a gallon of worm castings, a cup of bone meal, and 4 tbs of Earth Dust base. I am on the 6th week of veg and I just transplanted into a 12 gallon with FF Strawberry Feilds.

This is what it look like:

Can i get some help with this please

I have no clue what to do.

S

sicoroot

did you leave the mix you made sit for some time to let the ingredients you have used mix well ? I had some soil imbalances once not waiting long enough to have the organic dry ingredients decompose and be well available to the plant. I used FFOF and the same ingredients you used plus others.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

This looks like a phosphorus problem.

I don't know what's in Strawberry Fields, but if you just transplanted and this happened, obviously it has something to do with Strawberry Fields. What does the bag say is in it?

7munkee

7munkee

did you leave the mix you made sit for some time to let the ingredients you have used mix well ? I had some soil imbalances once not waiting long enough to have the organic dry ingredients decompose and be well available to the plant. I used FFOF and the same ingredients you used plus others.
Yes. about 18 days.
This looks like a phosphorus problem.

I don't know what's in Strawberry Fields, but if you just transplanted and this happened, obviously it has something to do with Strawberry Fields. What does the bag say is in it?
Thats what I was thinking a phosphorus excess. Strawberry Fields in formulated speficly to flower. I plan on flipping in 5 days but then THIS showed up.

7munkee

7munkee

I water with distilled water. I watered it the day I transplanted and then 4 days later which was last night.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I think you are short on calcium. Bone meal is not going to break down enough to give your plants enough calcium for this grow. You really need gypsum or some kind of bottled calcium supplement. Just my opinion. Maybe a Calmag would help it.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I'm betting that your pH is not correctly self-regulating. FF is bad for this.

You need a slurry test.
Slurry Test

7munkee

7munkee

I think you are short on calcium. Bone meal is not going to break down enough to give your plants enough calcium for this grow. You really need gypsum or some kind of bottled calcium supplement. Just my opinion. Maybe a Calmag would help it.
I do have a bottle of CalMag.

7munkee

7munkee

I'm betting that your pH is not correctly self-regulating. FF is bad for this.

You need a slurry test.
Slurry Test
I will do this now.

7munkee

7munkee

Distilled water is always the same. 6.9-7.1 And I only use distilled water. Its alI have access to.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Pure water is 7.0
6.9 is high but not so high it should cause this.
What temps are the pots? Let's find out how warm or cool the root zones are.

7munkee

7munkee

I have one of those temp/humidity things at root level, at soil level and canopy level.

Canopy is 78.6 f with 39% humdity

Soil is 76.8 f with 42% humidity

Root zone is 76.4 f with 40% humidity

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It looks like there could be some root issues but it's difficult to tell from just those pix.
Let's see the whole plant from top to bottom of the pot.

7munkee

7munkee

OK
IMG 20220204 235402959

and the top
IMG 20220204 235421564

I tucked the bad leaves underneath...didn't want them covering anything

I originally thought it was excess P. I was gonna flip them to flower to see if that would use up the excess P and cure it, but I figured it would be better to ask on here first.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Just take the bad leaves off. I think it's fine now. Leaves do not heal, so just take them off.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Its also a MYTH to not supply a good amount of Nitrogen during flowering. All Nitrogen is to a plant is Protein. Humans eat protein, and turn it into nitrogen. Plants skip this process. Nitrogen should be added in the same ratio as Phosphorus. Protein is the most important nutrient. Protein means of first importance. It makes no sense to limit protein during flip. Your plant will be growing the most its ever grown in both size, and flower production. Many hormones will be created as well as stigma growth, and trichome production. Weed should get an ever increasing amount of nutrients during most of flowering/ Nitrogen included. The main thing is the balance of nutrients. Blooming nutrients vs Veg nutrients IMHO are a just way to separate you, from your money. They should just have a good base nutrient structure during all phases of growth. In a 8 weeks flowering strain, and using chemical fertilizer, it may be beneficial to add Monopotassium Phosphate during weeks 3-5, along with a good base fertilizer. I use Hydro Garden Chem Gro 4-20-39-Calcium Nitrate 15.5-0-0, and Epsom Salts. Cut back on all nutrients the last 2 weeks of flowering. NO FLUSHING.

For organic I use Peruvian Seabird Guano, both high nitrogen-( 12-11-2 ), and high phosphorus formulas ( 0-11-0 ), Kelp, which I use as my Potassium source, Azomite, Dolomitic/Calcitic Lime, worm castings. At 20%, Seabird Guano is also high in calcium, and other trace elements as the seabirds eat fish, and the fish eat other fish, and kelp. I also make a tea from the guanos, and kelp, and use once every 2-3 weeks. Seabird guano is also very fast acting. For the kelp as a tea, I soak it in water for 3 days before use. You should also use air stone bubbelers, or mix it up several times a day. Or both. Kelp is a great source of Potassium, hormones, and trace minerals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom