can I grow for a bit in my cloner?

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

at 71 degrees bad microbes can start growing, so the ideal water temperature range is 67-69 with an air temperature of about 78,to elaborate, use basic sythetic grow formula at a diluted rate....take it easy west coast brothas!!!
Thanks 4 clearing that up.. I was wrong on the temps.. My homie Ali was telling me about this the other day..

Aligee

Aligee

Thanks 4 clearing that up.. I was wrong on the temps.. My homie Ali was telling me about this the other day..
Your right roots want it just under 80 degrees add a preventive like Ez clone "Clear rez" product or just bleach , then just sit n wait for roots! Ez clone website recommends water temps @ 70-85 degrees ,
FWIW. Image

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
So, I'm hearing that synthetic nutes at a diluted rate and no one chimed in about whether using Cap's bennies was good- or bad?

I wouldn't use 'em in mine but that's just me. I'm sure adding a little diluted and well strained ACT would work great but I definitely wouldn't just dump bennies in there.

Maybe Cap has experimented with this and can chime in with some solid info.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

any idea how you keep a little bucket cooler than the room?
Just my .02 on the buckets overal, when used correct their awesome, when something goes wrong they suck. I ran into troubles with mine 2 yrs ago when i was running an rdwc hydro setup, the relative air temp in my basement was 78-82 degrees, o ya and this was for my 32 site not my 13, anyways i also used clear rez which i must say can be a life saver for 7 bucks its worth savin clones, anyways i religiously cleaned my res and changed the water at 5 days just to be safe, in my 32 site when everything is going smooth almost all of the clones will have roots by 9 days and by 14 they're blown up, anyways the water temp spike at some point and hit 76 degrees, after 1 day at 76 degree water temp a bad bacteria with a slimey nature had manifested itself on my poor babies roots zone, when i noticed it 3 days later it had fully coated the bottom of my clones in what looks like a whitish grey slime, this was the end of my clone, there is no coming back once it's on the roots, i tried light bleach and it wound up destroying everything. i made this mistake 2 more times before i learned that at 78-82 degree my rez had to be at 71 degrees or lower, the higher the difference between air temp and water temp the faster and more explosive the root growth.anyways in the end i put trays of ice cubes in the rez in the mourning ad insulation around it, then took a small high powered fan and pointed it directly at the rez, my temps stayed at a comfortable 71-72 in the tank, i got a mini-split bout a week after that and the rest is all a daze haha, anyways hope this helped........Also caps bennies are carried in talc powder, the bennies are meant to be extracted in a sense from the talc powder, then used, so no putting caps directly into your res is never a good idea, also i have tried act in my rez and have found no benefit too it until after the roots are established, (makes sense),

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks again Ohio Brother!:)

Your right roots want it just under 80 degrees add a preventive like Ez clone "Clear rez" product or just bleach , then just sit n wait for roots! Ez clone website recommends water temps @ 70-85 degrees ,
FWIW. View attachment 330006

you can try insulating the bucket Ken! those roots look badass, good job! on them aero roots!

:woot: :banghead: Duh! Thanks AliGee! I know you know all about this stuff. Clone master!
I changed the water and added new chemicals(that came with it)
I finally checked the water temp...(should have done that day 1)
It's 85! :eek: The room is 80...so that pump must be warmin up the water or something..
But at least Im getting roots! :)
Those instructions you posted say, NOT RECOMENDED for ADULT Plants :p
I think I will put most of these in soil maybe just try to grow a few extra's in there for just a bit to see. ;)

Roots731

I keep throwing more in there!! ...lol

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

So, I'm hearing that synthetic nutes at a diluted rate and no one chimed in about whether using Cap's bennies was good- or bad?
Caps bennies r always good doggie.. Use um

But I don't use a cloner thing like u guys do.. But if I did I sure would add some caps bennies.. But other people says its not good so now I'm confused..

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
seems like that might make it too cold

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I tried exactly that with exactly that model, and got zero survival. I don't know why my tries succeeded once and failed most of the rest of the time.
Have you tried adding silica? I use ~50ppm (or 100ppm SiO2). I also only run it for a minute every 5.

seems like that might make it too cold
I only need it in the summer. The bottles thaw quickly, so the temp swings from ~65-75 every day. Just got sprayed as the timer clicked on while I was checking it. :facepalm:

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Fwiw, I always run a 'sterile' setup in cloners, but I inoculate them upon transplant with OGBIOWAR or Jellyfish.
The redneck chiller system works, but it's high maintenance, and temps always fluctuate.
Rapid start from GH @ 1 ml/gal or something comparable. Roots excelurator from h&g kills it in cloners too.
That said, lately I've been cloning directly in dirt with no cloning gels or fancy nutrients, since I have only been taking 5-6 at a time. 100% success with a little Azos. About 80% with nothing but a 50/50 mix of coco and organic soil.

Natural

Natural

you gonna put these in dirt eventually CK? if so..i think that bigger root systems that are used to hydro may have a tougher time adjusting to soil than ones that have smaller root systems.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

you gonna put these in dirt eventually CK? if so..i think that bigger root systems that are used to hydro may have a tougher time adjusting to soil than ones that have smaller root systems.
Great point. I had a make shift cloner that had water with a bubbler & whenever I let the roots get out of hand long then after transplant they sure wernt very happy.. I think they got spoiled & liked that under water feeding & they got mad when they needed 2 fend 4 themselves & get there own food from the soil..

Latest posts

Top Bottom